Newbie Island servers....Crazy???

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Naztxdragn

Newbie Island servers....Crazy???

Post by Naztxdragn » 23 Feb 2018, 07:14

*Images of Newbie Archipelago Svr:46 as reference in spoiler*

Is there any way to reset the existing servers instead of just adding more?

I may be a bit confused, but isn't any newbie area in any game meant to be available so people can learn and test the mechanics of the game before -moving on- to the main portion of the game?

I have been through all 49 servers of Newbie Archipelago and every single one has some version of multiple full "Let's Plays" on it.

Meaning that instead of learning and testing, some players are building lands (and even small protected towns) that require the unlocking of Tier 4 skills (150 points minimum), on multiple teamed players...not to mention the straight out time required to grind the skills and resources required.

I'm sorry, but with that much of thought and preparation...it's safe to say they aren't "Newbies" anymore. So why are these things allowed to stay on persistent servers instead of reset after a while?

I can just imagine the strain on the physical server machines that would work so much more smoother without having to process 'Full-game' type builds on 49 different servers constantly. It's bad enough when, in the middle of a Siege on an enemy Guild, the server we are on crashes every 20 min or so because of the sheer numbers participating in Judgement Hour.

If people are so afraid of the possibility of being rolled in the normal ruleset worlds, they might want to take a look at a different game instead of one that is known (and viewed by many) as a "Hardcore" survival game.

Life IS Feudal, otherwise it would be like Minecraft.

Hodo

Re: Newbie Island servers....Crazy???

Post by Hodo » 23 Feb 2018, 19:02

The newbie islands are supposed to be wiped every week.... I guess that doesnt happen. LOL.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Uxtalzon

Re: Newbie Island servers....Crazy???

Post by Uxtalzon » 24 Feb 2018, 22:06

Quite frankly there's practically no one left on newbie island servers to wipe anymore. But if they're linked to mainland servers, that's their problem.

I'm currently building a large plaster house, herbalist shop, and kitchen, but regional resources are a bitch to get. Already built a stone tower, barn, stable, coops (all full of animals), tanning tubs, loom, spinning wheels, bloomery, forge and anvil, furnaces and kilns...

Just kept building when I was told tutorial island will wipe "soon" back in early January.

Return to Feedback Section