Newbie with a few questions of course.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Usafhurdle88
Zealous Believer

Newbie with a few questions of course.

Post by Usafhurdle88 » 20 Dec 2016, 14:37

So I've been playing your own for a few weeks now and love it. I bought into the MMO as a zealous believer. This is truly the best sandbox I've ever played. I'm going to get into the beta this evening just want to know a few tips on starting out. Should I look for a guild immediately? Or can I still poke a meager existence on my own. Lastly what are the skill caps like? My current server is 1000 in your own which I like because it forces people to work together. Thanks all can't wait for tonight's grind fest. :beer:

Linbaba
True Believer

Re: Newbie with a few questions of course.

Post by Linbaba » 20 Dec 2016, 15:18

Should I look for a guild immediately? Or can I still poke a meager existence on my own

If you just want to survive, you basically just need to find food (which is easy and can be done solo easy).

But I would expect you'd want more than that.

So far I've been soloing, and it's tough, (because your stuff can get stolen, and you can be killed easily 2 or more vs 1, or kicked out from where you settled in), and frustrating (personnal claims don't work yet so on top of theft, every you build will decay), but from a weird point of view, it's reward too. If you don't mind the grind, since you will also have to level everything you need until you start trading.

I'm newer than you are to the game itself, and I still don't know if soloing is viable or not, but so far it's been ok for me.

Most people and probably the best advice is to group up.

Quentilus
True Believer

Post by Quentilus » 20 Dec 2016, 16:56

Usafhurdle88 wrote:So I've been playing your own for a few weeks now and love it. I bought into the MMO as a zealous believer. This is truly the best sandbox I've ever played. I'm going to get into the beta this evening just want to know a few tips on starting out. Should I look for a guild immediately? Or can I still poke a meager existence on my own. Lastly what are the skill caps like? My current server is 1000 in your own which I like because it forces people to work together. Thanks all can't wait for tonight's grind fest. :beer:

Skill cap is set to 400 for each type of skill. Craft, Combat, etc. This is balanced around the fact a character can master a single skill tree, which will require cooperation and interaction with other players. I would recommend finding a good guild that will be able to help with the various professions that you'll need, since personal claims aren't in the MMO yet. Anything outside of a guild's claim will decay and disappear over time.

MSchiffer
True Believer

Post by MSchiffer » 21 Dec 2016, 12:16

You'll for sure need a guild, even if you are a recluse citizen that lives in the woods, you will need a team, for everything in the game since terraforming alone, or someone to carry logs while another person chops it.... Everything here needs team work. Or only maybe if you become a Herbalist, maybe you can buy your help, by alliances and trades, but once they figure out you are alone and carry up some fluxes, ciao... =P

AmyLoo
True Believer

Post by AmyLoo » 23 Dec 2016, 17:38

Hi there, i myself have a few noobie question:

i'm still at he tutorial step.
anytime i try to interact with anything like tree, rockie ground, gras by right clicking my mouse, i see a blue square on the ground, and the game issues a message box "you cannot do anything with this object".

therefore after more than one hour trying to complete the tutorial early steps, my character is about to starve as i have not been able to gather wood or stone...

when i look at tutorials on youtube, i do exactly the same, but my game behaves completely different. any clue?

edit: add screenshot
Attachments
nothing_object.PNG
nothing_object.PNG (34.31 KiB) Viewed 4093 times

Gamedevhelper

Post by Gamedevhelper » 25 Dec 2016, 05:32

hi I wasted an hour as well. The developer should update that useless message. It should say "You are in starter area and the action is not allowed. Please walk outside the starting zone".

Frankly the first tutorial should be about walk the char to the outside zone.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 25 Dec 2016, 05:40

Anyone who is having trouble getting started or has questions feel free to contact me in game. Just send me a /tell Cian and I'll try to assist you as best I can.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Iskachan0

Post by Iskachan0 » 26 Dec 2016, 07:01

Hi, everyone.
Yet another newbie question :)
Almost decided to buy the game, but there's one thought haunting me:
All survival sandboxes I've played so far seem to be extremely thrilling and entertaining at first, when you really struggle for you life, build flimsy shacks, get your first armor, etc. But once you get higher skills, better equipment, build a good home, it's getting much less challenging.
Right now it's been about a couple of weeks since closed beta started, and on the streams I can see that people already got big houses and high walls.
So the question is -- would it still be entertaining for a crafter or builder to to play a month or two later, when all the building is done? or would it all be around pvp that point?
Thanks for answers in advance.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 26 Dec 2016, 15:00

Iskachan0 wrote:Hi, everyone.
Yet another newbie question :)
Almost decided to buy the game, but there's one thought haunting me:
All survival sandboxes I've played so far seem to be extremely thrilling and entertaining at first, when you really struggle for you life, build flimsy shacks, get your first armor, etc. But once you get higher skills, better equipment, build a good home, it's getting much less challenging.
Right now it's been about a couple of weeks since closed beta started, and on the streams I can see that people already got big houses and high walls.
So the question is -- would it still be entertaining for a crafter or builder to to play a month or two later, when all the building is done? or would it all be around pvp that point?
Thanks for answers in advance.

oh dont worry about the crafting/building theres always work to be done in LIF and once you get a solid base up it then becomes a game of politics attacking smaller guilds who wont become your vassal/defending yourself from the bigger guilds

Return to Newcomer Section