nice game for my wife and I?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Cronester

nice game for my wife and I?

Post by Cronester » 23 Apr 2017, 17:38

Hi,

I wonder if I will like this game :D

Tough question right? If I like it depends on a couple factors:

1. Can I "save" progress when I am not playing?
2. Is it not too much grinding?
3. Friendly community to play with?
4. Can we cooperate with eachother (that means beficial to both) even when there's a gap in time spent?
5. Can we skip the PVP part?
6. Can we do average(ly well)?

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Cronester and Ximea

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: nice game for my wife and I?

Post by Azzerhoden » 23 Apr 2017, 19:45

Cronester wrote:Hi,

Both the MMO and YO are persistent worlds. So it really depends on what type of gap you are talking about between your play time.
Cronester wrote:2. Is it not too much grinding?
Too vague. It is a skill based game.
Cronester wrote:3. Friendly community to play with?
LOL - LIF is a non-consensual PvP game. So while there are nice players, there are plenty more who just want to ruin your day. You can play without fighting, but you will be relying on others to protect you.
Cronester wrote:4. Can we cooperate with each other (that means beficial to both) even when there's a gap in time spent?
Yes. The game is designed for multiple players working together.
Cronester wrote:5. Can we skip the PVP part?
See above answer. PvP will find you, and you will lose your stuff. If you are with a group of people who are ok with other members not fighting then you should be fine. (My guild is one of those who accept all types of players).
Cronester wrote:6. Can we do average(ly well)?
Yes - I love all aspects of the game and there are multiple paths you can pursue.

Cronester wrote:Can someone help me out?

Certainly. Visit http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/duchy-of-wessex-a-modern-guild-built-on-a-feudal-society-t1796/#p19611 for more details.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 24 Apr 2017, 21:24

Azzerhoden wrote:LIF is a non-consensual PvP game. So while there are nice players, there are plenty more who just want to ruin your day. You can play without fighting, but you will be relying on others to protect you.
(...)
PvP will find you, and you will lose your stuff. If you are with a group of people who are ok with other members not fighting then you should be fine. (My guild is one of those who accept all types of players).

Or just find a server which does not allow non-consensual PVP, they are not uncommon. I have 626 hours in LiF:YO, still playing everyday, and I never did PVP (except fun events like jousts), nor was attacked by someone. Nobody protects me, since I never needed protection.

So you can really enjoy this awesome game without doing PVP at all if you don't like it. Just find a server which suits your playstyle. (Or create one, of course.)
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 24 Apr 2017, 22:26

Elgar wrote:
Or just find a server which does not allow non-consensual PVP, they are not uncommon. I have 626 hours in LiF:YO, still playing everyday, and I never did PVP (except fun events like jousts), nor was attacked by someone. Nobody protects me, since I never needed protection.

So you can really enjoy this awesome game without doing PVP at all if you don't like it. Just find a server which suits your playstyle. (Or create one, of course.)

In other words, if you are attacked the GMs will boot people. It isn't because the game itself doesn't allow it.

It really comes down to what whether you want to play on a private server, or the MMO.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Xankriegor943

Post by Xankriegor943 » 25 Apr 2017, 06:03

Cronester wrote:Hi,

2. Is it not too much grinding?
3. Friendly community to play with?
4. Can we cooperate with eachother (that means beficial to both) even when there's a gap in time spent?
5. Can we skip the PVP part?
6. Can we do average(ly well)?

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Cronester and Ximea

Might sound a bit odd, but this game can serve as a uniting factor between you and your sweetheart. Nothing can help to find a common language, then protecting your village from intruders and trespassers off every kind. :D

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 25 Apr 2017, 06:52

Azzerhoden wrote:In other words, if you are attacked the GMs will boot people. It isn't because the game itself doesn't allow it.

It really comes down to what whether you want to play on a private server, or the MMO.

I was never attacked once in 626 hours. But yes, you're right, it only applies to a few servers... and certainly not to the MMO.
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

Return to Newcomer Section