NPC city guard

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Cirdo
True Believer

NPC city guard

Post by Cirdo » 21 May 2017, 12:21

Why not add an option for city lord (or king, guild leader) to hire NPC guards? With enemy detection range and option only walk in city claim and fire on enemy outside of city claim. And not allow them to open/close gates/doors. It's not that hard to script a simple AI. Maybe 1 gold ingot for 1 guard/month and max 2-4? guards per town. If he dies then you will need to hire another.
+add in city monument another deposit for food for those npc guards.

Reapo

Re: NPC city guard

Post by Reapo » 23 May 2017, 09:21

Should look up the other topics about NPC City Guards or just NPCs in general. The only humanoid combatants the Devs plan to have in the game are Players.

Personally, I also agree with the Devs choice on the matter of NPCs. If you have friendly NPCs then that dissuades players from working with other players. I mean why form alliances and recruit new members when you can have your own NPC army! (sarcasm)

Couple months ago, I was on a server where it was RPPvP. The town that I was apart of had player guards because general banditry was encouraged. Once the walls were established there wasn't really a need for guards but, during war time, we did often send out scouts for a run to see what was going on in our lands.

These are the types of situations that you wanna be in because that is playing the game. That is what the Dev wants for you lol dont try to make the game easy mode for yourself, its not gonna happen lol

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 24 May 2017, 10:08

I am all in Favor for NPC Guards in the City.

Also just saying.
But the comment above is already wrong.
There will apparently be Humanoid Enemies called Tribesmen or something.

And lol
No I dont think this would result in NPC Armies. It would also not be easy Mode.
You can Limit NPC Guards by either a Certain Amount based on Monument lvl.
Or by an Amount set by the Players in the Guild. Meaning that NPC Guards are only available IF you are Cooperating with other Players.
Needless to say they would never be enough to actually Fend of any proper Player Attacks.

Meaning they would most of all Serve as a Basic Protection against low equipped Griefers and other people which otherwise might sneak into your Castle and killing you from behind when you log in as they crossed your Walls when nobody was Online.

They would Especially mean that abusing Bugs of using Floating Items to Climb over Walls would be way harder as you could let such Guards Protect the Walls thus People not being easily able to Climb up unless they do bring the numbers and equipment to kill the NPC Guards.

They would Solve quite a few Problems while not really changing anything of the remaining Game.
Unless of course you consider it Game Breaking that a City of like 30 People cannot be Raided by 2 Guys which abuse Bugs to Climb over the Walls at night and then Kill unprepared People as they log in.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 17 Jun 2017, 13:01

Just hire a mercenary guild from a different timezone to guard your fort when you and your mates are offline. That's the whole point of a multiplayer sandbox game. :D
Spoiler

Cirdo
True Believer

Post by Cirdo » 18 Jun 2017, 16:00

It has been discussed already on another thread: http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/serfs-and-guards-t22954/

They already plan to make another servers for different timezones. US server, EU server, Asia server.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas