One NPC Villager per Player.

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

One NPC Villager per Player.

Post by sunleader » 13 May 2017, 13:55

Suggestion is Simple.
Villages and Castles cannot work without NPCs.
We would have a Gigantic World with Ghost Towns. Our own House likely being raided and destroyed while we are offline.

But we dont want the Game to be all NPCs.
So simple thing.
Each Player that is part of a Village will be Replaced by an NPC when he logs out.
This NPC will represent him as Villager in his Village while he is gone.

It can be Set ot either Guard or Work on a Structure in the Settlement.
Its a 1 to 1 Copy of your Character but with no Equipment.
If he is killed he will drop his stuff just like you. So he is Equipped Seperately from you. You can Equip him at your Village Monument where you also set which Structure he Guards/Works.

Pls note. He would have your stats.
So he also needs food and clothes as well as Tools/Weapons.
He wont do any work if he has no tools for it. (He can only do basic work anyways)
If he starves or freezes to death or if he is killed by animals or others he will drop his stuff and not respawn until you respawn him next time you log out.
So he needs proper clothing and some food etc.
His work speed but also his consumption of food etc are only 10% of normal and he can only do basic work like watering plants etc.

Pls note he only Spawns when you log out inside the Village best inside a House.
If you are out in the Wild you are not at the Village so your also not providing a Villager.

Should be better than having Big NPC Population.
But would mean there is no Empty Ghost Towns everywhere.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: One NPC Villager per Player.

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 May 2017, 14:17

Sorry, don't like this idea.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Rick_krause
True Believer

Post by Rick_krause » 13 May 2017, 14:35

I dont like it either.

programming those bots is way to much work and efford for a minor "advantage" (if it is any help at all.)
I can see it as a method to avoid combat logging. there are other ways.
Im afraid they will only be botting if the idea is added. Already players dont want to carry mats in most cases.
Stats are worthy. i will not risk my stats. 10% is useless slow. there must be real player to ensure the bots are working propper. and bots are bad soliders or aimbot cheatlike.

It's a MMO not a M"Bot"O

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 13 May 2017, 14:50

It will never become an MMO like it is right now.
Cause Sandbox Arena PvP is an incredible small niche community.
It will never get beyond the population of the private servers with its current mechanics.

Also stats should not be lost if your bot dies. Only Equipment.
They dont spawn if your not in the village so they dont work for Combat logging.
And they dont need extensive programming they are supposed to be inefficent. They serve to give some life to the village.
They aint supposed to be actual workforce.
Only give a minimal bit of ressources for risking the equipment.
Or serve as Guards.

But liking it or not doesnt change things.
This Game cannot survive as a pvp arena. It just takes too long to prepare for fights so people will get bored and leave after a while of raiding and destroying empty stuff.
The Crafters will all run away to Life is Feudal your own on their own small servers where their stuff aint gone when they login after sleeping or working in real life.

It will end like the Elite Dangerous Open Play Mode.
Where you hardly ever meet someone at all and this guy being a Bandit anyways...
Because nobody else plays it
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 May 2017, 02:10

You are correct in that this game will never survive as a PvP arena game, because it was never designed to be one. This game was always designed to be a niche game, which just happened to get in popularity because so many people thought it was a survival game, an arena game, a pure RP game.

It is a game all its own, with the content driven by players. That is why I and many others have backed it for so long, and will continue to back it going forward.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 14 May 2017, 07:51

Azzerhoden wrote:You are correct in that this game will never survive as a PvP arena game, because it was never designed to be one. This game was always designed to be a niche game, which just happened to get in popularity because so many people thought it was a survival game, an arena game, a pure RP game.

It is a game all its own, with the content driven by players. That is why I and many others have backed it for so long, and will continue to back it going forward.

<--- Backing it as well. Dont go by the "Player Driven" thing.

No Offense. But thats simply how Reality works.
Nobody wants to Play an Empty Game with nobody around and lots of Empty Buildings.

And this Game cannot Survive on having just the few Hundred People of the Niche it currently works into with its Mechanics.

Its fine if the Economy and everything is Purely Player Driven.
(Albeit I would always recommend adding a Market Place and a Shopkeep NPC because otherwise trading becomes a pain as you have to be Online at the same time to Sell or Buy anything making it an very tedious and annoying task...)

But you cannot run everything by Players.

A. Nobody wants to Play as a Serf.
B. You do not have nearly the amount of Players available in a Guild to actually populate a City.

Trying to Run a Game like this one without NPCs is like attempting to Sail a 3rd Rate Ship of the Line with a crew 5 People.
Its simply not going to work.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 16 May 2017, 16:57

Epic Rant Begin

I like the idea of having a more full world, where there is more reason to explore, more reason to build a flourishing city, that represents that through visual represenation, but NPC's aren't required to do these things, although there will be open world NPC's to fight and NPC's in the main city. I think as a veteran, long term player of this game, the only real thing this game suffers from at the moment is end game and purpose, look it's a sandbox and it's player driven, this is undeniable, the players make the fun, but that does not change the fact that without in game mechanics to support that mentality, it gets boring very fast, I like to use the example that without side quests in elder scrolls games, you could make up your own and hopelessly wander the world, doing dungeons and finding shit, but the quests are just a bonus, a mechanic to entertain you. I get that they are completely different games, but this is just an example, it is undeniable that a game still needs to give the players the tools and the mechanics to allow their imaginations to go further in a sandbox, sandbox and player driven does not negate this, now I'm not saying I support the idea on the post, but I am saying we should be more open when it comes to pushing mechanics into this game that don't hinder your freedom, but enhance it, by giving you more to do. Thank you.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 16 May 2017, 17:25

Well. To begin with the thing is really and simply. That unless we get at least a Minimal Degree of NPCs.
The World will be Incredible Empty and Incredible Boring.

The Average Player is online how much a Day ?
2 hours ?
3 hours ?
lets say 4 hours which is already pretty big as it means you not only got a Gamer investing 4 hours a Day into Games but he also invests em solely into this Game.

Then a City of 60 People would effectively have an Average Population of 10 People.
And since most of the People will be Friends that want to Play together.
We can assume its more likely that you will have 30-40 People Online in the Afternoon.
And maybe 1 or 2 the rest of the time.

I am not saying we should have NPCs doing big stuff in this Game.
They are neither supposed to be Super Strong Enemies that kill Attacking Players.
Nor are they meant to be producing tons of stuff over the Day.

Their Purpose is to provide "life" to the City.
And maybe provide some Minimal Protection so a group of 3 Bandits cant just easily attack an City of 100 People later at night simply because nobody is online... (I mean attack in the form of killing Animals and Players not in the sense of Destroying the Houses)

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 16 May 2017, 17:37

See, my point is, I don't think we need NPC's in player built area's to make the world feel more alive, currently the game has a gameplay style where people get on to grind and grind, so when they do fight, they don't go bankrupt on resources if they do lose, the game pretty much only conists of this gameplay "grind > grind > grind > fight and repeat, I don't think this style of gameplay has replay value for very long, I think there needs to be MORE to do, without infringing on player driven gameplay, NPC's in cities will do nothing for gameplay, it won't make the game more or less fun, because there's a few NPC's in a city. I'm not sure what the game could add to give people more options to do stuff, I'm still wondering that myself, but this game isn't planetside, where losing or capturing a base doesn't have long term consequences other than you lost that battle, the process of grinding on here is much more harsh, so the rinse repeat style of gameplay will get old fast, it promotes the mentality of "if i lose this base, I'll take a break because i spent X amount of time grinding and can't be bothered to do it again" I think NPC's in the world will add some depth, looting them, fighting other players to loot them for valuable goods, ect. My main point is, don't make the game limited in mechanical content because you FEEL the players will be satisfied for a long period of time, with this style of rinse and repeat gameplay, instead think of features that promote gameplay replay value and longetivity too, thank you.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 17 May 2017, 17:03

While the style of LIF atm does lead to the whole rise-and-repeat grind, I think that NPC implementation on such a scale is both unfeasible and could lead to a lot of frustration. However, I would love to see NPCs populating the game world. The NPC loot system is not something I see taking off, but having passive NPCs simply to make the game feel less empty is something I like. Would also get rid of the whole "I can hear your footsteps from 100m away" thing because you'd have constant movement near you.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas