Ongoing in-game/IRC chat situation update, please!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
HolyAvengerOne

Ongoing in-game/IRC chat situation update, please!

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 30 Dec 2017, 22:29

At this point, the last thing I've seen about the in-game and IRC chat channels (other than system/local) was last month, an acknowledgment of the issues. I haven't seen any other news and, to my knowledge, it's still broken.

I understand that there various priorities and I'm not asking that this gets precedence over anything specifically; I'm just interested in getting a good update and status on where its at, roughly, compared to... anything else!

For me and several others, chat is an integral part of this type of game, so I'm sure I echo other players thoughts when I wonder what/where/how, even in vague terms ;)

Thanks in advance!
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Jonesr
Zealous Believer

Re: Ongoing in-game/IRC chat situation update, please!

Post by Jonesr » 31 Dec 2017, 19:15

What game in the last 20 years couldn't make chat work ? It's off because they want it off. Chat worked fine all CBT testing.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 02 Jan 2018, 15:59

Jonesr wrote:What game in the last 20 years couldn't make chat work ? It's off because they want it off. Chat worked fine all CBT testing.

That doesn't answer my question in the slightest. Obviously they turned it off, the question is why. Its either turned off because of :

1) a design choice (which is doubtful given that IRC chat between IG and OG is built-in as a feature in their website);

2) a direct or indirect technical issue with some systems (i.e. collateral impacts) making it so IRC chat can't or shouldn't be operational.

If 1) please explain decision, if 2) see OP.

Thanks!
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Jonesr
Zealous Believer

Post by Jonesr » 02 Jan 2018, 17:20

Or maybe they just don`t want people talking globally.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 02 Jan 2018, 22:29

Jonesr wrote:Or maybe they just don`t want people talking globally.

Yes, that's what I was referring to by "design choice".

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 05 Jan 2018, 00:10

Anyone?

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 05 Jan 2018, 02:07

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you can see people's names? Idk. All I know is that want regional chat so I can communicate with people on the server I'm on. Do what EVE has done, only show the names if they speak in the channel, problem solved.

As it currently stands, the game feels incredibly anti-social from the perspective for someone who plays this game solo, which is not good since this is an MMO after all.

Roast

Post by Roast » 06 Jan 2018, 10:19

It's off so you can't see the drop in player base. if you see 2000 players one day and a few weeks later it drops to 400 it's pretty bad PR for the game.

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 06 Jan 2018, 19:08

Roast wrote:It's off so you can't see the drop in player base. if you see 2000 players one day and a few weeks later it drops to 400 it's pretty bad PR for the game.

You can already do that outside of the game: https://region-eu.lif.online/account/dashboard.php

Cmon Bruh

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Jan 2018, 23:20

Tordr86 wrote:
Roast wrote:It's off so you can't see the drop in player base. if you see 2000 players one day and a few weeks later it drops to 400 it's pretty bad PR for the game.

You can already do that outside of the game: https://region-eu.lif.online/account/dashboard.php

Cmon Bruh

Yep, that counter did break at one point, but it just lasted a couple days.

Looking at the 2032 there are right now just on NA, I'd say its similar to previous weeks around the same time. We'll see how that goes during JH tonight, if we get closer to 3k as we've seen last few weeks during JH.

Return to General Discussion