Petition to remove players count on the servers.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Should the players count on each server be removed?

YES - please remove it
74%
NO - leave it as it is
22%
Doesn't matter to me
4%

Total votes : 209

Sharana
Beta Tester

Petition to remove players count on the servers.

Post by Sharana » 10 Mar 2017, 05:41

Dear devs,

We know that you are still uncertain what to do when it comes to this question. You are considering to remove the public count (leave it for your use only), but you are not entirely convinced about that.

To help you come to a final decision on the matter before the next test run starts we from Blood Pact (the biggest alliance during wave 1 currently) start this petition. We strongly feel that players count on the MMO is enough without providing details for every individual server. The population is small - during off peak hours you can easily spot which settlements are active now and go to raid them. During the pritimetime hours it's very easy to spot group movements on the map. We know 45min to 1 hour in advance that enemy group is moving towards us and of course the other way around - there is no surprise, no scout and espionage gameplay. The scouts now just look at the webpage constantly instead of wandering in the LiF's big world. We think that such medieval satellite reconnaissance shouldn't belong to LiF to make the game more dynamic and interesting.

We strongly hope that you will take the results seriously independent of the outcome.

Sincerely,
Blood Pact
Last edited by Sharana on 10 Mar 2017, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.

Jairone
True Believer

Re: Petition to remove players count on the servers.

Post by Jairone » 10 Mar 2017, 06:03

Yes please, and get rid of the map satellite imagery while at it! I should NEVER see the progress and location of other players unless I actually see it.

Also, while you are at it, reduce the distance the claim highlighting shows up. This too makes it FAR too easy to locate others.

Kriegsmann55
Zealous Believer

Post by Kriegsmann55 » 10 Mar 2017, 06:26

I feel like this needs to be removed, it's too easy for groups to spot a change in their server cluster in numbers, verify with potential allies in the same area, and then organize people to log out to avoid raids. Between that and checking people entering into your area via Console.. Just please get rid of it.

Dellmont
Zealous Believer

Post by Dellmont » 10 Mar 2017, 06:44

Let's talk about getting a logout timer 1st so players don't combat log (lovingly known as pulling the plug) before this

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 10 Mar 2017, 06:47

Dellmont wrote:Let's talk about getting a logout timer 1st so players don't combat log (lovingly known as pulling the plug) before this

In the latest interview Bobik said such log out timer is in development, even went into 1 QA test. So they will implement it rather soon then later.

Woxoya
True Believer

Post by Woxoya » 10 Mar 2017, 08:45

I support the removal of player count on servers.

(Also the live map update, unless seen first person by guild member/ally)

Sir_Vladislav
True Believer

Post by Sir_Vladislav » 10 Mar 2017, 09:13

+
https://vk.com/club131367548Image
The Fearless Army\Альянс - Бесстрашная Армия

Zazu
True Believer

Post by Zazu » 10 Mar 2017, 11:27

Agree. Numbers on server should be removed. Life is Feudal :)

Golem
Zealous Believer

Post by Golem » 10 Mar 2017, 14:20

Very good idea for Living Feudal. I agree +1

Jubooti

Post by Jubooti » 10 Mar 2017, 14:20

Agreed, make it so people actually have to scout instead of looking at a browser map on the 2nd screen

RaskolnickOFF
Beta Tester

Post by RaskolnickOFF » 10 Mar 2017, 14:29

where petition to sign, what stops players starts stupid petitions? :crazy:

Mage
Zealous Believer

Post by Mage » 10 Mar 2017, 15:49

I agree they should remove the counter

Nightborder
True Believer

Post by Nightborder » 10 Mar 2017, 15:52

that and player structure locations!

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Post by Some_Jerk » 11 Mar 2017, 11:04

For once we can agree on something Sharana! Yes, my group spends more time checking server populations than it does checking an opponents base or the local area. That ain't how it should be

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 11 Mar 2017, 11:07

for some future - yes, but right for now - NO, it will give too much advantage to big guilds.

many ppl need some information about map situation to make desision where to go from noobie city, where to set thier settlements and so on.

counters can be removed by commenting one string in web page, so it can be something like daily "blind hours" during prime time - for the reasons Sharana is actually mean.

but for the rest of day we need this information for testing.

counters will lose its importance when we will have more ppl on MMO map... when population will be more equal spread around the world.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Sir_Vladislav
True Believer

Post by Sir_Vladislav » 11 Mar 2017, 12:04

Up

Gamedevhelper

Post by Gamedevhelper » 11 Mar 2017, 23:47

I am okay showing overall population and not on individual tile.

MadMike
Beta Tester

Post by MadMike » 12 Mar 2017, 01:11

*signed*

MadMike - Diplomat Askanier

Ascy
True Believer

Post by Ascy » 12 Mar 2017, 09:45

*signed

I support this proposal

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Mar 2017, 15:26

I don't care.

When thousands of players are on the map. no one will be able to tell if a slight increase is relevant or not, and an increase of several hundred will likely cause enough of a lag load that players will notice anyhow.

Ultimately - there are too many OTHER important things to fix/add then to worry about this right now.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer

Post by Hurlzalot » 12 Mar 2017, 21:06

Azzerhoden wrote:I don't care.

When thousands of players are on the map. no one will be able to tell if a slight increase is relevant or not, and an increase of several hundred will likely cause enough of a lag load that players will notice anyhow.

I agree this won't even be a factor after open beta.

Rusery
True Believer

Post by Rusery » 13 Mar 2017, 16:49

Lol "I represent the biggest guild chain and i say remove it!" nice one Sharana, funny stuff.

You of all people should take some meaning in the words "i think its fine", especially for this. When populations for each server rises above say, 12, you won't have a problem, so why would you ever waste anyones time (including your entire BP alliance) with this thread?

#disappointment

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 13 Mar 2017, 18:59

Rusery wrote:Lol "I represent the biggest guild chain and i say remove it!" nice one Sharana, funny stuff.

You of all people should take some meaning in the words "i think its fine", especially for this. When populations for each server rises above say, 12, you won't have a problem, so why would you ever waste anyones time (including your entire BP alliance) with this thread?

#disappointment

Many players consider it will be better when this is removed. The voting results kind of show that.

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 14 Mar 2017, 09:39

I agree with those who think it should be removed. This imbalances the game a bit.

Filipsss
Beta Tester

Post by Filipsss » 14 Mar 2017, 10:21

Rusery wrote:Lol "I represent the biggest guild chain and i say remove it!" nice one Sharana, funny stuff.

#disappointment

Who are you again ?

Sir_Vladislav
True Believer

Post by Sir_Vladislav » 14 Mar 2017, 13:53

uP

Paparia
Beta Tester

Post by Paparia » 14 Mar 2017, 22:52

it is eazy to replace it with with a coment like server node population low/medium/high to provide info for ppl who want to avoid setlling near popular areas (but thats why you have to scout the area before settling)

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 15 Mar 2017, 07:37

128 players??? you think its the MAJORITY of players??? you think the opinion of your 128 people is enough for something to be changed? what the hell is going on, people??? the blood pact and some french guys voted YES, then it means, that it should certainly be implemented? then the question comes - is this game is made for the blood pact? total dissapointment...

Filipsss
Beta Tester

Post by Filipsss » 15 Mar 2017, 08:59

Degoyl wrote:128 players??? you think its the MAJORITY of players??? you think the opinion of your 128 people is enough for something to be changed? what the hell is going on, people??? the blood pact and some french guys voted YES, then it means, that it should certainly be implemented? then the question comes - is this game is made for the blood pact? total dissapointment...

No, but apparently blood pact is only one who cares about game development

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 15 Mar 2017, 12:32

Filipsss wrote:
Degoyl wrote:128 players??? you think its the MAJORITY of players??? you think the opinion of your 128 people is enough for something to be changed? what the hell is going on, people??? the blood pact and some french guys voted YES, then it means, that it should certainly be implemented? then the question comes - is this game is made for the blood pact? total dissapointment...

No, but apparently blood pact is only one who cares about game development

Ah, so the actual point of view of the blood pact is here? Everyone else, who bought this game, who waits for years until release, spends money on beta packs, buys even more then 3 or 5 packs at the same time, makes videos about bugs, posts threads in suggestions section... They dont care. THE BLOOD PACT cares. Sounds like: "Everyone calm down. Whatever you did, actually, you dont care about the game as much as blood pact cares. So, leave everything to them. They know better what the game needs." Well, thats arrogance, friends. Its like the guys befriended a gm on a server, and think they are the boss here.

If you have established a contact with the devs, it does not mean at all that you automatically become the voice of the community. You better understand it, or people will start hating you, because you usurp their right to have their own opinion.

And for sure, next time you write something like this, you better think about how people will react on such statements.

Return to General Discussion