Poll - 1.1.4.6 new 'Halo' light

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Arrakis

Poll - 1.1.4.6 new 'Halo' light

Post by Arrakis » 16 Sep 2016, 12:43

Hey folks.

We have been thinking about the changes introduced in 1.1.4.6 patch. More specifically, the bright halo light surrounding your character during the night, which surely you have noticed by now. This halo affects the gameplay in certain ways, it has some pros and cons, but we want to ask you what do you think about it and whether it should be changed, removed or left as it is. In order to learn what are your opinions, we have prepared a poll where you can vote for your preferable option. You can see the poll by clicking the link below. Please, make sure to read the introduction before making your decision. Thank you all ;)

» Poll - 1.1.4.6 new "Halo" light «

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Re: Poll - 1.1.4.6 new 'Halo' light

Post by Karabas » 17 Sep 2016, 01:23

Hmmmm.... what about a moonlight....
Btw may be let the torches of different Q give different radius of light (different brightness) and be visible from different long distances?
+ add to game some kind of movable standing lamp? what could be carryed on back as all another movable furniture? - could help if u need to use both upper slots for tools and its a pain to change a torch every turn u need another tool...
(yes! i never go out from my home without pole+shovel ':' )
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 17 Sep 2016, 11:45

The halo has to be removed to me.
It feels very strange to me...

Maybe I can bring a suggestion here... If you are afraid about players thinking too dark nights, why not including moon phases, bringing very dark night, brighter night, very bright night, darker night, very dark... (I assume you get it)

That could brings a very realistic side, also, bringing a dynamic pvp planning, people won't plan for attacks when the moon isn't in the night sky, and would prefer brighter nights for
And, with the clouds, we cannot predict if the night will be totally bright, or dark... (Same for hunters, farmers outside the walls, thieves...)

But you must fix the Windows clock first, because some will use it more than before the night patch...
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Sep 2016, 12:02

This idea about moonlight is rather interesting. A nice alternative. I will surely forward this to the dev team. But don't get your hopes up, though. There's a lot to be done, but creative suggestions are always welcome :D

Jimbo
Zealous Believer

Post by Jimbo » 27 Sep 2016, 17:48

+1 Moonlight

Reese
Alpha Tester

Post by Reese » 29 Sep 2016, 03:16

Curious what the results of the poll were...

Sleep

Post by Sleep » 29 Sep 2016, 15:24

development-news-18-gottlung-plate-masterwork-amp-armour-cr-t20664/
Arrakis09 wrote:We’d also like to thank everyone who participated in our recent poll. We’ve decided to not completely remove the halo, but to reduce its radius and brightness. You’ll be able to see your character and the area surrounding, up to the length of an outstretched arm. We’ll be updating this in the next patch!

Return to General Discussion