possible PvP meets PvE content

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Ferdor

possible PvP meets PvE content

Post by Ferdor » 11 Apr 2018, 20:22

After we all observe a lack of motivation among the PvE Players because there is no real endcontent. This lack of motivation affects in over a longer period the user numbers on the actual availble servers.

After i spoke with some people we had a idea in mind to bring back the PvE players who played the game but quited and attract new players. Give them a higher Rank in the lif:MMO society and make them a bigger part in PvP without activelly participate in combats but give the PvP Players a good reason for combats.

The idea is quite similar the the concept of the game "the settlers" combined with the current existing game mechanics of lif: MMO. The basic of the idea is the possibilty to expand the realmclaim of a guild in a endless way. The maximum expansion of the guild claim could stay like it is now, but there would be the extra option to expand the guild claim with additional building like a special "Realmflags","Watchtower","Outpost","citadel" and so on. Each of this special expansionsbuildings have a amount of cells which it adds to the existing realmclaim in the area the building is build. for example 5 cells around the flag, 10 cells around the watchtower and so on. The Buildings need a big variety of items to be build which doesn´t need to be near to reality. As a short example if you want to build a outpost you need a lot of non-regio stone, boards, ingiots and so on, but also tools, weapons, amors (because in medieval times outsposts had a amory to defend themselfs) and a smaller part of regional ressources( maybe around 5-10%).

With increasing size of the claim, the building are getting more expensive. That would make the PvE Players somehow the backbone of the guild expand because the PvE Players are the ones who invest hours and hours to collect and craft the items which are needed. If there is a connection between two claims, the both guilds have the possibility to declare war on eachother. With the existing instanced battles the guilds have the possibilty to destroy the expansionbuilding of the enemy. That creates space where the attacking guild could build a expansion building themselfes to expand their realmclaim.

This system would definitly give the PvE Players a big role in the game mechanics because they are the key to increase the guildclaim. Of course the is the possibility of peacefull expansion too. If two guildclaims touch eachother and one of them gives themselfs the status to be a vassal to the other guild, the guildclaim of the vassal exstands while the realmclaim of the supperior guild expands around the borders of the vassal. This would open new possibilities to the diplomacy in alliances because each guild could have the chance to expand the claim on their own( which is maybe a disadvantage for other alliance members;) ). From the point of view of me and the other which who i talked about it, this would make the diplomacy between and in alliances more interessting because you can estabilsh a real feudal system in these alliances.

I think this new idea would take a while but the effect for existing and new players would be great compared to the devolopment work that is needed to adjust the existing mechanics because, in my opinion the base for this idea is already in the game.

I hope this idea seems very interesting to you all, if something is unclear, i would like to explain the details about what was unclear. Also i would get some feedback for this idea.

Thorus

Re: possible PvP meets PvE content

Post by Thorus » 11 Apr 2018, 20:34

WOW this seems the best idea i heard in a long time... :shock:

maybe the Devs already planned something like this. Hope this will get much attention.

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 12 Apr 2018, 06:58

I like the Idea itself from a PvP Perspective. And also from a City Building Perspective.
Because currently there really is no reason at all to Expand your City beyond a certain level.
With this there would be a Reason to actually Build Large Cities.

I do think however this wont help the lack of PvE Content.
No Offense. But more Grinding for Ressources does not make it more Entertaining ;)
PvE Players would still do the exact same thing the entire Time.

If we want to keep PvE Players in the Game. We need some actual PvE Content.

Bonjwa_Adalberga

Post by Bonjwa_Adalberga » 13 Apr 2018, 09:53

I share the view on the negative and positive points but it might be an additional step towards a more complex game style.
It might not be the only solution but one part of it from a strategic perspective.

I would like that if it is well balanced. :beer:

Ferdor

Post by Ferdor » 16 Apr 2018, 18:37

@Sunleader: I understand the point, that more grinding is not a real new content but i see it as at least a sense for gathering all ressources. at the moment you reach one point your claim is maximized and that is more or less the end for a lot of PvE Players. But with this restructuration a sense and some kind of "endless content" would apear.

@BOnja_Adalberga: Yep i agree that this system needs a good balance.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas