Look For Ashenfell

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Look For Ashenfell

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 29 Apr 2017, 12:42

Rikkarth#0255
Marthos#1246
Baffle#9722
Beric The Renegade#4653

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rikkarth
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CraysWorld/

We are currently playing on an YO server.
We are also activly present on the MMO.

Code: Select all
[b]Name/ALIAS[/b]:
[b]Steam Name/ID[/b]:
[b]Country[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Time Zone[/b]:
[b]Languages known proficiently[/b]:
[b]Played on LIF[/b]: YES/NO
[b]MMO played[/b]: YES/NO
[b]Why choose The Ashenfell?[/b]:
[b]Tell me about yourself[/b]:
Last edited by BericDondarrion1 on 15 Sep 2017, 01:04, edited 13 times in total.

Jimbo
Zealous Believer

Re: Varangian Guard Recruitment

Post by Jimbo » 29 Apr 2017, 15:23

Name: Joshua

Steam Name/ID: Jimbo

Time Zone: CST/GMT -6

Languages known proficiently: English

Played on LIF: YES

MMO played: YES, from CBT #1

Why choose The Varangian Guard?: Looking for a larger scale and organized operation. Would like to be a PvP leader

Tell me about yourself: Work Hard, Play Hard. I'm down for the PvE grind to skill up and produce whatever is needed, and I'm a skilled PvPer and leader in PvP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7f6loXPu6k) (skip to about 5:15). I have 1500 hours on LiF:YO; lots of experience in all areas. Most of my time spent in LiF:YO has been as leader of a guild, so I'm definitely looking for a leadership role. I think I would fit well in the Bryti or even the Hersir role.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 29 Apr 2017, 15:46

Jimbo your application has been Accepted

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 29 Apr 2017, 16:18

Name: Ozu

Steam Name/ID:

Time Zone: CEST

Languages known proficiently: English / French

Played on LIF: NO

MMO played: from DotA (wcIII) to BDO, briefly Revelations and also playing PlanetSide 2 currently.

Why choose The Varangian Guard?:

Because this is one of the things I'm looking for :
an active Life is feudal MMO guild, with the intention of becoming one of the most elite fighting forces on the game, we have a very competitive, yet cooperative mindset, understanding teamwork is important to succeed.

I'm assuming you guys will play on EU though?

Tell me about yourself:

I've always been a hardcore pvp player, never really cared for anything else in gaming, until LIF:MMO in which I was astonished to discover that I kind of enjoyed everything I traditionally hated : PVE/Crafting and generally anything that could be considered "work" It normally makes no sense to me to work IRL, earn money, and then use that money to work in a game again. It wouldn't stop me doing what needs to be done to gear and skill up, but I see it as a means to an end.

In LIF:MMO however, I have no idea how or why, I had fun doing basically everything and anything but pvp. Go figure!

There can be quite a grind in LIF:MMO but at the end of the day, the time spent is probably less than killing mobs over and over in other MMOs plus it eventually comes to an end (with regards to skill points anyways).

I hate authority, and obnoxious full of themselves officers or anyone (like mods) on a power trip, but ironically, in group pvp, I look for objective driven discipline.

I've been guild leader in two games, DotA and ESO but I don't want any responsibilites in LIF:MMO, I don't want to lead in any way, and I don't want anything to do with leadership, whether it's small group or higher ranked help or positions. At least not now, I just want to be your standard scrub. For now.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 29 Apr 2017, 17:10

Scratchit, I'm happy with what I've read and you'll make a great addition to the Varangian Guard, you have been Accepted

Xxlethargyxx
True Believer

Post by Xxlethargyxx » 30 Apr 2017, 01:09

Name: Devin

Steam Name/ID: Fojaxx

Time Zone: eastern

Played on LIF: yes (1100hrs)

MMO played: no, just purchased

Because there is no possible way i can survive as a hermit, or a small group as i did most often in :YO. i want to be part of a successfull and organised society that takes part in pvp. most im portantly, to me, i want to be a part of an ambitious guild. you guys seem to be offering all that.

Tell me about yourself:

well, im devin from canada, i work full time durring the week, but play when im not working. i started playing :yo when it first came out, and still play it to this day. i never realy got super hard into the game in large organised group with large towns, but mostly stuck to my self or in a small group of friends and slowly built up our own beautiful little village. i enjoy playing as a merchant or bandit, though i also love to build and craft. i love all the pve skills in their own right, and a limmit of 400 skill points is painfull to me, but if i have to choose, i'd say my favorite pve skills are smithing work, procuration, and masonry. though ill gladly work any you need me to. fighting im not a pro at, but im not green either, im competent enough to run as a successfull bandit if i feel, or defend my self against bandits. for fighting style i prefer swords (1 & 2h).

i dont feel that theres any aspect to this game that im unfamiliar with, and i could be put to work or to fight at once. please keep in mind however that as much experience as i have in :yo, i have none in mmo. this wont effect my playability i dont think, however on things like familiarity with the map and such, i may need you to talk me through directions till i get framiliar with the surroundings

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 30 Apr 2017, 08:23

I like what I read Devin, we'll be putting people through trials from now on, so I'm more than happy to accept you on a trial basis

Mv1

Post by Mv1 » 01 May 2017, 17:24

name: Milan

steam name/id: milansuper1

time zone: europe

languages :dutch and english

Played on LIF : yes 8 hours

MMO played: no i just buyd it and ye now i wanna play it

why choos the varangian

bucus somwan told my thad u were recruting and i wanted to join a groop

tell me about yourself :

hello i am milan fome holland or the Netherlands i game almost evry day and now i wanna play life is feudal but it is relly hard to play on ur own so thads when i started looking for a groop

Capcup438
True Believer

Post by Capcup438 » 03 May 2017, 16:07

Name:Furkan Uysal

Steam Name/ID: I Cry For You

Time Zone: gmt + 3

Played on LIF: more than 600 hours
MMO played:no

Why choose The Varangian Guard?:ı saw youtube video about fight againts dagfinns. They are destory my castel 1 years ago and ı like pvp
Tell me about yourself:My work is not hard and ıts not taking time so ı am playing to much times lif and ı am playing just lif and ı know whit out pve you cant pvp

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 03 May 2017, 16:41

Capcup438 wrote:Name:Furkan Uysal

Steam Name/ID: I Cry For You

Time Zone: gmt + 3

Played on LIF: more than 600 hours
MMO played:no

Why choose The Varangian Guard?:ı saw youtube video about fight againts dagfinns. They are destory my castel 1 years ago and ı like pvp
Tell me about yourself:My work is not hard and ıts not taking time so ı am playing to much times lif and ı am playing just lif and ı know whit out pve you cant pvp

Happy to accept you on a trial basis, we're playing the MMO currently, we can discuss more on our discord link here

Joshua.moore747
True Believer

Post by Joshua.moore747 » 05 May 2017, 00:20

Name: Laif
Steam Name/ID: Laif/STEAM_0:0:23719641
Time Zone: Mountain
Played on LIF: (YES)/NO
MMO played: Quite a few, very familiar with MMO gameplay. WOW, LiF:YO and more
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: Viking aspect to it means you are a tight knit group that has no quarrel with a bit of blood and raiding. As well as an aspect of building towns and vassals. Id like to help with this and manage it.
Tell me about yourself: Id prefer to keep this out of a public form, however if your willing to invite me to a discord ill happily answer most questions youd like to know about me. English speaking American who has done a bit of travelling.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 05 May 2017, 02:12

Joshua.moore747 wrote:Name: Laif
Steam Name/ID: Laif/STEAM_0:0:23719641
Time Zone: Mountain
Played on LIF: (YES)/NO
MMO played: Quite a few, very familiar with MMO gameplay. WOW, LiF:YO and more
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: Viking aspect to it means you are a tight knit group that has no quarrel with a bit of blood and raiding. As well as an aspect of building towns and vassals. Id like to help with this and manage it.
Tell me about yourself: Id prefer to keep this out of a public form, however if your willing to invite me to a discord ill happily answer most questions youd like to know about me. English speaking American who has done a bit of travelling.

We can discuss more on discord :D, thank you for applying, could you send me your discord name?

Vt19

Post by Vt19 » 05 May 2017, 15:04

eyyyy

Pigsofevil97
Zealous Believer

Post by Pigsofevil97 » 05 May 2017, 23:11

Name: David

Steam Name/ID: Pigs_of_evil

Time Zone: US East

Played on LIF: No

MMO played: PS2, WOW, and ESO

Why choose The Varangian Guard?: Looking for a group interested in fun and teamwork. :beer:

Tell me about yourself: I have M&B and strategy game experience and want to bring my skills and motivation to help my clanmates make more efficient work and have fun doing it.

Fischer541
True Believer

Post by Fischer541 » 07 May 2017, 16:28

Name: Jesse
Steam Name/ID: Venic09 / STEAM_0:1:18356723
Time Zone: CST
MMO played: WOW, DAOC, SWG, ESO, Warhammer
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: I enjoy the culture that the guild is based upon. I also enjoy the aspect that the guild is looking to further build towns, vassals, etc.

Tell me about yourself: I'm better off at showing who I am through conversation, rambling on about myself isn't exactly a forte for me. I've been a long time MMO player in both membership and leadership roles. If you'd like to know more just ask.

Sfritacek
True Believer

Post by Sfritacek » 09 May 2017, 20:17

Name: Sfrit
Steam Name/ID: Sfritacek (ID on LIF - Dont using Steam)
Time Zone: UTC+01:00
Languages known proficiently: English / Czech / Little bit ESP
Played on LIF: YES few hours - beginner
MMO played: Zu-online / L2 / WoW / Dekaron / 9 dragons / Rappelz / Flyff / 4story / Aion / BDO / Rift / Skyforge and lot more
Why choose Vanirs Krigsmen?:
Im looking for guild who helps me to get skill in this game, have some fun and play together. Also looking for comrades to conquer lands in LIF.
Tell me about yourself:
Im non conflict person who playing games for a long time. Im helpfull and friendly. Also i was / im hardcore farmer. (No problem with colecting starlight roses for 16 hours per day .WoW. ) Learning fast and can be very usefull.

Colttyson
Devoted Believer

Post by Colttyson » 12 May 2017, 21:25

Name: Colt

Steam Name/ID: Colttyson84

Time Zone: US Central

Played on LIF: YES (but only a little bit)

MMO played: COH, AOC, DCU, ARK, Exiles, Tera, the list goes on and on and on

Why choose The Varangian Guard?: I want to be part of a guild that has a focus and drive with what they want. I want to be able to fight along side guys for a common goal. This guild really seems like it could be the guild for me.

Tell me about yourself: I am a pretty quiet guy. I enjoy PvP, building, and hunting. I am a casual player and I haven't done any RP.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 13 May 2017, 14:01

Colttyson wrote:Name: Colt

Steam Name/ID: Colttyson84

Time Zone: US Central

Played on LIF: YES (but only a little bit)

MMO played: COH, AOC, DCU, ARK, Exiles, Tera, the list goes on and on and on

Why choose The Varangian Guard?: I want to be part of a guild that has a focus and drive with what they want. I want to be able to fight along side guys for a common goal. This guild really seems like it could be the guild for me.

Tell me about yourself: I am a pretty quiet guy. I enjoy PvP, building, and hunting. I am a casual player and I haven't done any RP.

Hey, could you post me your discord name + ID here or send me a steam friendsrequest with the steam link provided in the post

Victorstrand86
True Believer

Post by Victorstrand86 » 14 May 2017, 10:45

Name: Victor
Steam Name/ID: VictoriousVSS / STEAM_0:1:23458646
Languages known proficiently: Swedish / English
Played on LIF: YES a few hours. Learnt basics
MMO played: WoW / Guild Wars / Aion / Lineage 2 / Warhammer / Lotro / ESO / Swtor / ARK
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: Since i recently started playing and kinda feel like a guild is a good way to learn to play the game and having fun. So upon looking for a guild i found The Varangian. And since i am an fan of Vikings i instantly know this is a guild for me! The guild seems nice and who doesn't wanna Role-play if possible as a Viking raider.
Tell me about yourself: My name is Victor and i live in Stockholm, capital of Sweden. I enjoy gaming and meeting new people and having a fun gaming experience. In all games i play i'm the Builder but like PvP and RP as well. I hope to join and contribute to the guild in anyway needed.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 14 May 2017, 20:14

Victorstrand86 wrote:Name: Victor
Steam Name/ID: VictoriousVSS / STEAM_0:1:23458646
Languages known proficiently: Swedish / English
Played on LIF: YES a few hours. Learnt basics
MMO played: WoW / Guild Wars / Aion / Lineage 2 / Warhammer / Lotro / ESO / Swtor / ARK
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: Since i recently started playing and kinda feel like a guild is a good way to learn to play the game and having fun. So upon looking for a guild i found The Varangian. And since i am an fan of Vikings i instantly know this is a guild for me! The guild seems nice and who doesn't wanna Role-play if possible as a Viking raider.
Tell me about yourself: My name is Victor and i live in Stockholm, capital of Sweden. I enjoy gaming and meeting new people and having a fun gaming experience. In all games i play i'm the Builder but like PvP and RP as well. I hope to join and contribute to the guild in anyway needed.

Sent you a friends request on steam, I will send you further details there, you have been accepted

Sam.hobbs
Devoted Believer

Post by Sam.hobbs » 14 May 2017, 22:00

Name: Dwalln
Steam Name/ID: svhobbs
Time Zone: PST: UTC−8:00
MMO played: like 2-3 hours
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: You give a PVE/PVP option and you appear to be well organized.
Tell me about yourself: I'm 17 and still in high school. I love the concept of this game and would love to team up with a group and work to create a better life together with in the game. I would like to focus on farming with in the game and maybe look at cooking. :D

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 15 May 2017, 03:39

Sam.hobbs wrote:Name: Dwalln
Steam Name/ID: svhobbs
Time Zone: PST: UTC−8:00
MMO played: like 2-3 hours
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: You give a PVE/PVP option and you appear to be well organized.
Tell me about yourself: I'm 17 and still in high school. I love the concept of this game and would love to team up with a group and work to create a better life together with in the game. I would like to focus on farming with in the game and maybe look at cooking. :D

Hey, thanks for applying, we'd be happy to accept you to the Varangian Guard, I will send you a steam fq and inform you more there.

Bulveye13

Post by Bulveye13 » 19 May 2017, 12:14

Name: Ganz

Steam Name/ID: Ganzo/76561197995434215

Time Zone: EST

MMO played: YES, Beta 1 Phase 3

Why choose The Varangian Guard?: I am looking for an organized and established group, with a good structure and focus on training, with RP elements and mature members. I was with the Kingdom of Corteim for a short period in the mmo, but it was not quite what I was looking for as they were spread thin and a bit disorganized. Some good guys though.

Tell me about yourself: I'm 33 years old, from Pittsburgh, PA. I have been online gaming on the PC for longer than I care to remember. A long history in MMO guilds, also in ARMA II and III with some larger milsim groups. I have always been intrigued by medieval themed games and survival games, when I found LiF:YO when it was released I was instantly hooked. I have around 400 hours in YO, would have had more but played at same time that I was the aforementioned ARMA unit/s. I have a military background so I am drawn to games where organization, teamwork, and strategy are vital to success. I am a fast learner and am willing to put the needs of the group before my own wants. I can be grumpy at times, but I try not to let it affect the moral of the team. Well that's about the sum of it, hope to talk to you all soon!
Last edited by Bulveye13 on 19 May 2017, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Bulveye
True Believer

Post by Bulveye » 19 May 2017, 13:19

Sorry this is Bulveye13 from the above post, was logged into this website as incorrect user. Just wanted to show that I do have access to MMO. This would be my main account concerning any PM's or notifications.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 21 May 2017, 02:21

Bulveye wrote:Sorry this is Bulveye13 from the above post, was logged into this website as incorrect user. Just wanted to show that I do have access to MMO. This would be my main account concerning any PM's or notifications.

Sent you a steam friendsrequest, we can discuss more there.

OfficialQuesadilla

Post by OfficialQuesadilla » 21 May 2017, 02:53

Name: Will Valtin

Steam Name/ID: American Quesadilla (www.steampowered.com/id/AmericanQuesadilla)

Time Zone: Eastern Time

Languages known proficiently:
English, however I know bits and pieces of German and Spanish

Played on LIF:
Yes, but only YO, I plan on playing the MMO soon.

MMO played:
N/A, will buy soon

You see, when you have a 13 year old queen who is a puppet to a "High Chancellor," as well as a rebellion within a settlement of 20, and top it off with two groups of Russians who allied to pillage the area, you have a great recipe for disaster. Disaster happened, and so I stopped playing the game after a while. Now I need a new start, and I'm familiar with PVE and PVP. I also want to learn the MMO when I get it.

Tell me about yourself:
I used to play with a group from the UK. They were fun, however the leadership was corrupt. In the end, it collapsed from internal and external struggles. I became a nomad after a while and outside forces in my life took my interest above the game. Now I have found time to play LIF and plan on getting the MMO soon. I play as a pillar of neutrality. If you like alignments, consider me as True Neutral; I do what is asked, nothing more, nothing less. Whether it be to pillage a settlement or liberate it. I'm loyal to whatever group I am in to the end.

PS: I am good with horses, scouting, and infiltration. I am bad, however, at construction, farming, and mining. I've always been good at using equipment, but I still can't wrap my head around crafting except small stuff, like containers and furnaces.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 22 May 2017, 19:37

OfficialQuesadilla wrote:Name: Will Valtin

Steam Name/ID: American Quesadilla (http://www.steampowered.com/id/AmericanQuesadilla)

Time Zone: Eastern Time

Languages known proficiently:
English, however I know bits and pieces of German and Spanish

Played on LIF:
Yes, but only YO, I plan on playing the MMO soon.

MMO played:
N/A, will buy soon

You see, when you have a 13 year old queen who is a puppet to a "High Chancellor," as well as a rebellion within a settlement of 20, and top it off with two groups of Russians who allied to pillage the area, you have a great recipe for disaster. Disaster happened, and so I stopped playing the game after a while. Now I need a new start, and I'm familiar with PVE and PVP. I also want to learn the MMO when I get it.

Tell me about yourself:
I used to play with a group from the UK. They were fun, however the leadership was corrupt. In the end, it collapsed from internal and external struggles. I became a nomad after a while and outside forces in my life took my interest above the game. Now I have found time to play LIF and plan on getting the MMO soon. I play as a pillar of neutrality. If you like alignments, consider me as True Neutral; I do what is asked, nothing more, nothing less. Whether it be to pillage a settlement or liberate it. I'm loyal to whatever group I am in to the end.

PS: I am good with horses, scouting, and infiltration. I am bad, however, at construction, farming, and mining. I've always been good at using equipment, but I still can't wrap my head around crafting except small stuff, like containers and furnaces.

I've added you on steam, glad to accept you, thank you for your application.

Newbie667788

Post by Newbie667788 » 25 May 2017, 13:25

Name: Jake
Steam Name/ID: newbie667788

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time

Played on LIF: YES- around 450 hours
MMO played: Not yet, plan on buying

Me and my brother have been playing LIF:yo for a while now and while we always get to do the PvE and building aspect of the game, we never get to fully experience sieges and heavy PvP. We have played small servers and PvP'ed in 4-5 person fights, but we are looking for a more intense style of play. We hope to find a larger scale claim where we can contribute in building and other tasks, and also have fun pvping

Tell me about yourself:
I've been playing LIF:yo for a couple years now and really enjoy playing this game with larger groups of people. I am currently at college and only have 2-3 classes a day so i'm pretty available to play. I have done and enjoy almost every aspect of crafting/skills in this game, and would like to experience the large pvp battles and combat.

Thanks!
-Jake

kyleV

Post by kyleV » 23 Jun 2017, 17:10

Name: KyleV
Steam Name/ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kyle2553/
Time Zone: UTC−03:30
MMO played: NO, waiting for wave two
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: I am looking for an active guild to play with.
Tell me about yourself: I am a 16 year old no life who loves PVP!

IngobingoBango
True Believer

Post by IngobingoBango » 25 Jun 2017, 15:12

Kj.vaters wrote:Name: KyleV
Steam Name/ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kyle2553/
Time Zone: UTC−03:30
MMO played: NO, waiting for wave two
Why choose The Varangian Guard?: I am looking for an active guild to play with.
Tell me about yourself: I am a 16 year old no life who loves PVP!

You've been accepted! I've added you on steam :Yahoo!:

Return to Guild Recruitment