Diplomat and Historian order

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Somlanlorant
True Believer

Diplomat and Historian order

Post by Somlanlorant » 28 Apr 2017, 13:12

Hey guys!

I've been thinking how cool it would be if a dozen of players would form a total neutral order, with a basic base and some very important aim.
The diplomats and historians would be mainly wanderers who continuously travel the map, visit castles, towns, groups, and gather the best stories, and record the history, and not secret diplomatic status of the kingdoms. :D
The gathered information could be placed on a public map, so diplomatic planning be much more easier for every kingdom, and because of the records no kngdom would dissappear without any sign after a defeat!
The server could have its history.
Also this order should record the public contracts, and pacts beetween kingdoms, or the rules of every kingdoms on their territory for whoever wants to pass or trade.
What do you think?

Ohmi

Re: Diplomat and Historian order

Post by Ohmi » 04 May 2017, 12:48

That would be so awesome! :D

I would love to be a part of that. Imagine some of them would have basic capabilities in graphic design and make, maybe even sell (for in-game goods of course) custom Heraldry.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 04 May 2017, 14:36

Can be really interesting indeed.

I already have a guild but I'm interest in help that project :)

Lauemburg
Alpha Tester

Post by Lauemburg » 08 May 2017, 13:37

Ok, So you guys have already a code of war?
Some rules that kingdoms that sign into must obey, like real war crimes;
I already have a guild as well, but I'm gladly help you guys with that. :D

To glory
:beer:
Greater than the sadness of not having won is the shame of not having fought!
-Rui Barbosa

Ohmi

Post by Ohmi » 08 May 2017, 20:07

Please let us make this a reality :D

Since the combat is useless anyway, it would be great to be in a completely neutral guild.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 09 May 2017, 06:57

I don't think an InGame guild can be totally neutral and keep these objectives.
One time or another you will ask for assistance for other guild for trading or you will be attack by some random guys.

IMAO, the only way to do this kind of job is a external website (I'm already trying to do this at my level -only in french- with my website http://vonculm.fr)

An external AND internationnal website could provide all kind of informations from every people in the MMO and help to translate in multiples languages.

Ohmi

Post by Ohmi » 09 May 2017, 10:53

Obviously a guild like this would need some number of active members, if just to set up a kind of headquarter. And those people would then be able to take up arms if neccessary. From what i understand Claims will be protected and your property inside will only be theratened in actual guild wars. Ergo a neutral guild dedicated to diplomacy, assuming it is well liked throughout the lands, might well be supported in case of an attack.

In the end it all comes down to if people are willing to do this level of RP. I think that you would have to wait until the dust has settled after release and most bandits and brigands have become bored. Then if enough of a playerbase remains, we might see this plan work.

As for the external site - it's a step in the right direction. It could for example be estabished that every major guild should send in a weekly report of ongoing wars, diplomatic relations, member count, whatever. Then somone forms it into a 'state of the continent' newspaper. But what you lose completely by this approach is what defined diplomacy in these days. Information was not available everywhere, and sometimes it took ages to aquire. Informants might even spread false information and there was little security that a diplomat sent by one king to another actually delivered the message whithout alteration. Those are feats which a diplomat order might offer to the guilds and get some pay for.

Your site is great btw, i just can't read it :D
I am German, give us a Russian with decent English and we can do it.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 09 May 2017, 11:51

:D
It's in my objective to evolve the website to multilanguage (French, english and deutch -have some german friends-) but it's technicaly very difficult for me (i'm a novice).
Russian can be an option... if I find somebody to translate :)

Obivously, a guild can be really more interesting in RP/gameplay term than a "newspaper" but I'm keeping doubts about feasability of this kind of guild in "hard" (a real guild with no allies and ennemy).

An informal council of diplomat/historian/journalist (with Discord or ingame meeting) can have more result in my opinion

Somlanlorant
True Believer

Post by Somlanlorant » 17 Dec 2017, 21:27

Guys if you are still interested, im living in epleland, and willing to start something like this. pls PM me :)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas