Battle Of Claim [System]

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Everet

Battle Of Claim [System]

Post by Everet » 05 May 2017, 07:53

Hello everyone, I would like you to understand that this is an idea based on what you intend to do especially for my experience in Lif:Yo and reading in forums. First I want to clarify that I did not have access to MMO in its current state and that like you I am human.

My main idea is based on a balanced system dedicated solely and exclusively as it affects the whole game because I think it is most important because if the massification is the result of victory there are probably a few more results than the following: 2 large factions with small villages far from being and affect those named above.

WARNING: I will use as references some nuances that can already be found in other games I hope this does not pose a problem for anyone.

I will start talking about the battles for the claim area, which I think should be balanced in the same number of people on each side to give a higher quality to the game pvp and ultimately not let players stop Play for abuse between different sizes of clans.

As I said before I will quote Albion online and its territory system so that if you know it but I invite you to know more about the subject; In which the battle is celebrated within the territory to conquer with a definite number of people which in Life is Feudal could be the maximum number of members of the defending clan.

For example clan A attacks the clan B which has 50 players in the clan but clan B only has 10, in that case clan A can only enter 10 people, pointed with a time before to avoid problems. As well as setting the number of players who will participate in the battle when the battle begins (basically to prevent clan A eliminates 5 if you can only participate with 5) later on I will explain in more detail.

Summarized: Closed but not instanced battle.

After explaining the basic idea of the battle system, it is necessary to say that I have thought of using the military camps whose building was the one that initiated the process of attack by the clan A to the clan B and fix those who are going to attack with an inventory To keep inside the siege weapons, equipment and swords of the attackers.

The attackers are going to have to build that camp and supply it with the items they need for battle with limits per player in battle.

Finally when a claim is going to be attacked it will have another claim around which will mark the area of the attackers to start and reappear inside those who died preventing so that no one but defenders and attackers have access to That area.

PS: Needless to say that if any comment is offensive to me for whatever reason, I simply ignore it and it's an idea that I came up with and I explained it to developers to note if they think it might be viable.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

Re: Battle Of Claim [System]

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 11 May 2017, 00:42

For a game that boasts large battles as a major selling point, limiting the battles in such a way wouldn't suit Life is Feudal, I heard something about them implementing a system that would make instanced battles more fair, but being outnumbered would still be possible.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Battle Of Claim [System]

Post by Sharana » 11 May 2017, 01:54

LiF is open world game, not some arena style game. Even numbers would be boring, not even mentioning that as attacked you usually just need more bodies to overcome a solid defense and that's just normal.
Also the game is set in feudal times, a village of peasants (group of 10 friends) is not supposed to stand a chance against the local town (group of 50) unless they are all top level PvP fighters and the town are militia level of fighters where the village actually wins something like 10 vs 30 as the 1:3 ratio is the maximum allowed in the currently planned war mechanics.

Here you can read more about the planned system:
what-we-know-about-the-planned-mmo-war-mechanics-t22008/?hilit=war%20system#p91492

Return to Suggestions and Ideas