Piety/Alignment

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

BinarySloth
True Believer

Piety/Alignment

Post by BinarySloth » 11 May 2017, 01:53

In the MMO's current state I view both piety and alignment as broken. Currently there is a very slim chance for you to successfully pray home, and you can only do so very rarely. 1 home prayer is fine, but if that is how piety is going to work you should have a 100% chance of success. On top of this you should have another way to train your piety skill as being able to grind once a day is not viable. Alignment also suffers from many issues. My interpretation of the intention of alignment is to avoid players being griefed, but currently it is more a tool for griefing. Right now you are able to grief somebodies alignment by running over and yielding then later kill them to remove all of their skills. On top of this you can lose alignment for helping your own guildmates. Looting a guild member's grave or defending them can both result in a lower alignment. Responding to an attack away from claim lowers alignment, fighting in a duel lowers alignment, fighting a warrior lowers alignment, standing on the wrong claim lowers alignment and so much more. I believe that at the least assisting guild members should no longer result in an alignment loss and at the most losses should only apply to griefing or killing newer players. Maybe players have a timer where anyone killing them loses alignment until the period is over or they initiate combat? I'm open to suggestions, but I know the current system is not effective.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Piety/Alignment

Post by Sharana » 11 May 2017, 02:37

The teleport system was supposed to be changed in this CBT testrun, but because of a bug it didn't happen. The chance to teleport was increased to 100% yeah, but you drop all your stuff in a bag and teleport without your inventory in order not to use it as resources transport system.

For the alignment - yeah punishment for looting the grave of a guild mate is stupid, but the rest? LiF isn't arena game, it's sandbox in the feudal times. There is no such stuff as "duel" or attacking "another warrior". There is trespassing on territory you were not invited to and attacking a guild you did not declare official war to which makes it just a criminal act, not a legal action.

BinarySloth
True Believer

Re: Piety/Alignment

Post by BinarySloth » 12 May 2017, 01:36

Sharana wrote:
There is no such stuff as "duel" or attacking "another warrior". There is trespassing on territory you were not invited to and attacking a guild you did not declare official war to which makes it just a criminal act, not a legal action.

To claim you don't fight another warrior is plain ridiculous as members of your guild have done so. I don't care if it's realistic, I care for playabillity. Personally I saw the alignment system as a way to avoid griefing. Am I wrong in some way?

Return to Suggestions and Ideas