Judgment Hour ... end of game for most new players

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Ejmill41
Devoted Believer

Judgment Hour ... end of game for most new players

Post by Ejmill41 » 06 May 2017, 22:32

Judgment Hour? Just gathered enough interest in the game to set up a guild (10 players) today .... taken 7 months to persuade friends to join in. Guild monument when up in the morning now all our efforts destroyed ... could not do anything to stop greiffing as we don't have weapons yet and the nice chaps who destroyed ALL our work had metal armour, weapons.... what was the point of Judgment Hour what board 7 year old came up with this. If you are new to the game you do not stand a chance..... LIF was unique now ????

We are all off ....

Shuggy
True Believer

Re: Judgment Hour ... end of game for most new players

Post by Shuggy » 06 May 2017, 22:44

Could not agree more ... wanted to play a game where at least a newbie has a chance .. that chance is now gone .... I don't want to join a massive guild where i'm getting told what to do , who to kill and doff my cap when the captain walks past so for me its game over.

Ejmill81
Devoted Believer

Post by Ejmill81 » 06 May 2017, 22:45

Legalised Hacking ... it takes so, so so long (weeks and months of real time!!!!) to grind and build and then to stand by and watch it all get broken up in minutes and be totally powerless .... Thanks a bunch.

Another pointless endeavour by developers.

Game over !!!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 07 May 2017, 13:41

The game is about PvP, wanton killing, and unnecessary griefing, but at a cost. JH's current mechanics are not the mechanics that will be in the release. So don't give up on the game.

That said, not all larger guilds have egos in need of constant massage, so painting all with the same branch is rather silly.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 07 May 2017, 15:11

Shuggy wrote:Could not agree more ... wanted to play a game where at least a newbie has a chance .. that chance is now gone .... I don't want to join a massive guild where i'm getting told what to do , who to kill and doff my cap when the captain walks past so for me its game over.

i also thought joinning a large guild would suck and i would get bossed around but the guild i joined let me pick what crafting tree/combat tree i wanted and i pretty much focused on my crafting and wasnt bossed around also remember this isnt a solo friendly game and if your a small group you better start making alliances with other small groups for protection

RaskolnickOFF
Beta Tester

Post by RaskolnickOFF » 07 May 2017, 17:50

now u know what is hardcore mmo :crazy:

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 07 May 2017, 19:35

Visited some fellas that did a claim next to the shore today, they had put down their monument, without walls and had primitive stuff. I asked them if they were part of a large faction, they said they were there alone 4 of them to see how it was. This is what I told them and I think it is valid for anyone who thinks to come on the MMO.

Be prepared. Unless you are part of a large guild do not bother to come in, you will get killed and reskilled, all your effort will be for naught. Ideally it is best someone joins a large faction and then ask to create a "spin off" chapter and then get help in setting themselves up. It is unfortunately the only way.

I played enough YO to know that if people think this is a RP arena where you can re-enact the middle ages they are sorely mistaken, perhaps in some large alliances and guilds it may work, but they do not stand a chance against hard core PVPers that lurk and wait, strike you when you are encumbered, even if you have primitive tools. Been on the receiving end, it is not pleasant.

Only in numbers you will find strength. I wish you luck!

Canahealz
True Believer

Post by Canahealz » 07 May 2017, 21:10

Well Well all the care bears are finding out this is no joke. Look for the first 2 wave tests all I did was travel around and build skill and check out the map that's it join a guild here joined a different guild there, Yes if your not in the click your not in the click but you can still build up skill, Now me and a couple of friends have a village no claim and there are Guild claim around us but we are small and yes can be smashed but all they get is the thrill of the kill and I log and wait. This is not YO and I keep telling people YO has spoiled you, you will see real PVP and no quarter. Yes if you had a group at wave test 1.1 and they played hard till now they are probably looking strong and behind walls and there are plenty of places were you can go with very little activity if any, I know have done it and we have only seen 3 people traveling by. If there is a wave 1.4 we will just mess around as we are now until wave 2 and then we will get real as they say it will be a wipe.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 13 May 2017, 14:24

Well. Its true that this cannot work on the long term.
Either they add options for smaller groups and new players to cet into the game.
Or this Game will not last a Year before its down to the population of a few hundred people in their preset Guilds.

Karma System and Bounties might help alot.
Oh your raiding Villages alot?
Other Villages heard of you and are now Sending People after you by putting a Bounty on your Guilds Monument also since your killing and looting alot you must be rich.
Hence you and your Village get Attacked by NPC Mercenaries, Bandits and Knights out for the Bounty or for Booty or simply because your evil and they want to make a name for themselves.

The more you Raid and Pillage and the bigger the power difference.
The worse your karma and the more and the stronger NPCs after you and your stuff.

If Raiding a Noob Village and getting a week worth of noob ressources might end up in you losing 2 months of high lvl ressources people will think twice about risking it.
Meaning they will only attack stuff where the risk is worth it.

Also Reputation sticks and should be displayed.
If your a vile Murderer your name would be Red and any Guild you apply for would get the warning that providing shelter to this vile Murderer might cause your village to be attacked.

This would at least provide minimal protection because people would only attack others if they think the loot is worth tve risk.
And they would only kill and loot whats wofthwhile to get as little bad karma as possible. thus the village being able to rebuild as not everything is razed to the ground but just pillaged.

Add a Building type (secret stash) which is hidden below the ground and thus can be hidden somewhere in the village being very hard to find for others as its not displaying any different graphic from the ground.
And thus being near impossible to find if you dont know where it is.

That would greatly ease the Burden on new players.
They could keep valuable stuff hidden and usually recover after raids not losing everything they had in a single raid.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 May 2017, 15:05

The mechanics around JH in this wave IS NOT the mechanics that will exist in Wave 2 and beyond. Sharana wrote an EXCELLENT post gathering all the known pieces in various areas that describe the future around war, raiding, and 'JH'. http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/what-we-know-about-the-planned-mmo-war-mechanics-t22008/?hilit=instanced%20battle#p91492

Actually, I should add that link to my sig to promote it.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 13 May 2017, 15:10

Oh thanks for link.
That doesnt sound to bad actually.
Especially if it protects smaller players core stuff.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Return to Feedback Section