Development News #51 - CBT Status Update, Upcoming Lore and a New Game on the LiF Engine (not developed by us)!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #51 - CBT Status Update, Upcoming Lore and a New Game on the LiF Engine (not developed by us)!

Post by Arrakis » 12 May 2017, 17:11

Hey feudalists!

A third test run of the MMO Closed Beta is up and running (and will be available until May 18), we are getting tons of feedback and continue to improve game stability and address bugs.

Please note, there will be no Judgement Hour this week - we really are sorry for the inconvenience. We are tackling performance issues during large scale combat with many players and horses in close proximity, and are working very hard on the solution to this issue. Your precious belongings are safe for now!

On top of this, we’ve been writing some exciting lore, which will give an insight into the beliefs, traditions and customs of in-game folk. We’re excited to share this with you soon so keep an eye out!

We also want to add a quick shout out for our friends at Big Way Games, who have developed and launched their steampunk hardcore RPG game, Steam Hammer on Steam Early Access.

Utilizing our game engine, Steam Hammer offers an immersive open class system, action-packed combat on the ground and in the air, and awesome sandbox aspects in a gritty Victorian open-world setting, filled with jetpacks, customizable airships and other wondrous machinery!

Just as a reminder, we want to be completely clear that we have only licensed the Life is Feudal engine - we have not helped develop the Steam Hammer game nor are we its publisher!

- The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #51 - CBT Status Update, Upcoming Lore and a New Game on the LiF Engine (not developed by us)!

Post by Khan- » 12 May 2017, 17:13

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

yeah !
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sycopata666
True Believer

Re: Development News #51 - CBT Status Update, Upcoming Lore and a New Game on the LiF Engine (not developed by us)!

Post by Sycopata666 » 12 May 2017, 17:36

They can place fly ships using your engine , and you cant put normal ships? what i miss?

Mawgan
True Believer

Post by Mawgan » 12 May 2017, 18:04

So why are you advertising?
XENO TAVERN
TS: ts3.xenotavern.com
http://youtube.com/xenotavern
http://facebook.com/XenoTavern

Zapraszamy umiłowanych w PvP i coop.

Zazu
True Believer

Post by Zazu » 12 May 2017, 18:06

Nice. Now i know why life is feudal is dying coz you dont fix problems and bugs wit servers ect. You only want more money for new game and thats all. First 64 servers and ten maybe MMO and carts with horses.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 12 May 2017, 18:14

Interesting to see I'm not the only one concerned about how many features are available in SteamHammer that aren't available in LiF. I see modular building, doors separate from buildings, and vehicles that are seperate from the player while riding them.

Oleski
True Believer

Post by Oleski » 12 May 2017, 20:03

http://imgur.com/qYyHmcO

That how your MMO is working from wave 1 part 1 till part 3 nothing changed. So anyone who have life is feudal/MMO maybe can have 50% discount? I think 25Euro its a bit to much :)

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 12 May 2017, 21:17

Utilizing 'our' game engine...as in Lif's game engine?

You mean Torque3d? It's not like you developed your own game engine....come on now....

Also....how many people are ditching LIF for steamhammer now? It looks more polished than LiF

*also...was that a working sawmill?

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 12 May 2017, 21:36

Mawgan wrote:So why are you advertising?

Since they have licensed the engine to them, they most likely get paid by how well Steam Hammer is selling. So more Steam Hammer sold, more money to BitBox. That is my guess

Nothing_Personal wrote:Utilizing 'our' game engine...as in Lif's game engine?

You mean Torque3d? It's not like you developed your own game engine....come on now....

Also....how many people are ditching LIF for steamhammer now? It looks more polished than LiF

BitBox developed a lot on the Torque engine to get it to work for LIF. So again i guess they are licensing that part to the Steam Hammer game dev

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 13 May 2017, 00:05

Asimov wrote:

Since they have licensed the engine to them, they most likely get paid by how well Steam Hammer is selling. So more Steam Hammer sold, more money to BitBox. That is my guess

BitBox developed a lot on the Torque engine to get it to work for LIF. So again i guess they are licensing that part to the Steam Hammer game dev

Can we think about some cross licensing so we can get a working sawmill?

Eale

Post by Eale » 13 May 2017, 01:24

How dare all of you throw this kind of negativity toward these devs. they are working their hearts out for this game and in the last 2-3 years ive witnessed an abomination turn into a lump of gold. just because they show they have some cool stuff doesn't mean it works properly and they dont have their own whole mess of problems and issues. if you want to leave because that game just looks cooler I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say good riddance. I love life is feudal and that game looks cool but it wouldnt be the same with their jetpacks and awkward setting.

Thank you for the hard work you've done devs and thank you for showing us your competition (no real contest). keep up the great work and cant wait to play the MMO.

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 13 May 2017, 07:20

so much hate against the devs, yea, i wish these peoples would get out here and create a better game, seems they have a better knowledge about develop a game and all the stuff behind it ( can we see your own projects? 8-) )
in my eyes the devs make a good job for the small team.every game in development has his up and downs.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 13 May 2017, 10:12

Nothing_Personal wrote:
Asimov wrote:

Can we think about some cross licensing so we can get a working sawmill?

Yes please

Eltopo
Alpha Tester

Post by Eltopo » 14 May 2017, 00:54

Will Bitbox be sharing code with Steam Hammer, so u guys can co- develop the engine together?

Jakkus07
Beta Tester

Post by Jakkus07 » 14 May 2017, 13:11

And please could you implement directional blocking?
There is one in the Steam Hammer...
I love the battles, glory and loot.
Yet I'm not the wolf.
I love the craft, trade and gold.
Yet I'm not the sheep.
What am I then you ask?
I'm The Jackal...

Return to Development News