Why I stopped playing Life is Feudal : Your Own

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal: Your Own? Post it here!

Hieve

Why I stopped playing Life is Feudal : Your Own

Post by Hieve » 05 May 2017, 00:59

a box hanging in the air

this small issue has kept me away from this game sadly.
It is an unfair advantage for every attacker of your castle > there will never be enough gms/admins to prevent this.

The game is really good made and has a very unique gameplay.
I have spent plenty of hours digging,farming,chopping,crafting and building.
But as soon as your Castle gets attacked by just 2-3 guys that come over castle walls by structures like in the picture above - your time feels wasted if they take within minutes of a judgment hour all your stuff.
If they would had build a ladder which I can see and fight against, or like some Siege Weapons that took down our walls everything would be alright, but seeing this ugly boxes hanging in the air after a raid as your weakness is something where you can't fight against.

There was a Patch that introduced a height limit to floating structures , but sadly it just applies when they are placed free, but you can go and search for "mount points" at walls or similar, but its not a physical mount point rather than some logical, so we end again with a floating box which could have never fit there or completly is in air.

I hope there will be changes made within this Issue , as I'm not the only one . Half of my people that played with me stopped also for this reason. It's still a great game , but once you built everything you want to fight against others, but in fair ways and not glitchy.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Re: Why I stopped playing Life is Feudal : Your Own

Post by sunleader » 14 May 2017, 07:56

Agreed.
A simple Solution would be that you cant Build things on other Peoples Claims.

It could still be possible to Build a Ladder outside someones Castle and then Carry it to the Wall like a Log.
But they need to put a lock on just building the cheapest Crate onto a wall to create a jumping point....

Alternatively they could use a Physics system.
A small wooden Box cant hold a Person. So it could just break apart if someone tries standing on it. That would likely fix the Issue as well because you would actually need to build something sturdy enough to hold a person.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 May 2017, 14:53

Simple fact - walls will not keep you safe. Not in YO and not in the MMO. Doesn't matter what game mechanic is put in place.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 14 May 2017, 15:27

Azzerhoden wrote:Simple fact - walls will not keep you safe. Not in YO and not in the MMO. Doesn't matter what game mechanic is put in place.

Its a huge difference if a Wall provides a defense advantage by slowing down an enemy for several minutes from reaching you and an cost hurdle for people to pay the ressources and time for Siege Equipment to get over it.

Or is a Wall can be passed by any noob in 5 seconds by putting a cheap box on it.....

You really should rather play Chivalry or something.
Your answers on other topics as well give the impression that you dont care for building etc at all.
It seems you have no wish to play any aspect of this game except running around killing each other.

But make no mistake.
People who want to build Cities want to build Cities.
All you will archieve by attempting to force em out by making walls etc useless and denying npc guards etc etc. Is that these Players wont play at all.
You wont be able to turn em around and play your way.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 15 May 2017, 00:54

I have no issues with people building items on enemy claims, and Azzerhoden is correct, walls are only as good as the builders understanding of defensive concept and the claims ability to provide proper defenders.

However, I can definitely sympathize with how lackluster and silly questionable physics can make gameplay. Bark Boxes, Sleeping Matts, Wardrobes.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 May 2017, 03:48

Sunleader wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:
Your answers on other topics as well give the impression that you dont care for building etc at all.
It seems you have no wish to play any aspect of this game except running around killing each other.

ROFL - I started to write out a long post, but decided you weren't worth the effort. With a little bit of research on your part I am sure you can discover on your own why that is so.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 15 May 2017, 09:25

JohnValentine wrote:I have no issues with people building items on enemy claims, and Azzerhoden is correct, walls are only as good as the builders understanding of defensive concept and the claims ability to provide proper defenders.

However, I can definitely sympathize with how lackluster and silly questionable physics can make gameplay. Bark Boxes, Sleeping Matts, Wardrobes.

He is not.
Sorry but Walls are Intended to give a certain amount of Protection.
Of course they are not supposed to be Invincible.
However. If Walls provide no Protection at all because they can be overcome with minimal effort of placing a box in the Air. Then the whole Concept of Defenses becomes meaningless because you could just as well not have them.

Defensive Structures like Walls are supposed to give you an Advantage in a Fight by soaking up Damage and providing an Obstacle that takes some time to get over.

With these Mechanics right now where you can build a Beginners Box on it to Climb up. This is no longer the case.
Making the whole Concept of Building Defenses entirely useless.

I.ll repeat my warning from below.
Such Mechanics will not bring People to Play more PvP like.
They bring People to leave the Game and Play something else Instead.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 15 May 2017, 09:36

Azzerhoden wrote:
Sunleader wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:

ROFL - I started to write out a long post, but decided you weren't worth the effort. With a little bit of research on your part I am sure you can discover on your own why that is so.

No need to do any Further Research here.
I spent hours reading around here.
And your pretty active. So I had a taste of your Answers to different Topics.

And you in general dont give a crab about the Base Building Aspect of this Game.
You are generally in Favor of Roaming PvP with no obstacles.
And generally against anything that makes it harder to attack others.

This aint meant to offend you.
All of us have different Taste in Games.
I simply think your somehow not really going to be happy with this Game.
Cause this Game clearly has a less Fighting heavy Focus where Fighting is more for Survival means and for Politics not something that happens all day.
You would be better off in a Game like Chivalry where the main Concern is Fighting each other and where you actually get to Fight others on a regular base.

I do not know what you expect.
But People will either be enabled to Build Structures that protect them to a degree from Intruders.
Or they will leave the Game.
Thats just how Players work.

I can make you a Prophecy.
When the First Settlement in the MMO is raided by People who put Boxes on the Walls to Climb up.
There will be a Guild making a Fat Bug Report.
And it will either be acknowledged as a Bug and will be Fixed.
Or that Guild will for most Part Quit the Game.

There will be not a Single Guild Capable of Defending its Walls 24 Hours a Day Mate.
Get this into your Head. You will never have a Guild that has enough Members Online at all times of the Day to effectively Defend a City or Castle.
So either the Defenses like Walls will be able to keep out People until Destroyed during JH where the People of the Guild can be there to Defend them.
Or they will be useless and people are going to quit the Game because they feel betrayed for their efforts.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 15 May 2017, 16:11

Sunleader wrote:
I can make you a Prophecy.
When the First Settlement in the MMO is raided by People who put Boxes on the Walls to Climb up.
There will be a Guild making a Fat Bug Report.
And it will either be acknowledged as a Bug and will be Fixed.
Or that Guild will for most Part Quit the Game.

This happened to my guild the other day on the MMO, I did not file a bug report as this is a intended mechanic, as stated by the devs, and not a single person from my guild has quit the game.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 15 May 2017, 16:15

Sunleader wrote:So either the Defenses like Walls will be able to keep out People until Destroyed during JH where the People of the Guild can be there to Defend them.
Or they will be useless and people are going to quit the Game because they feel betrayed for their efforts.

I just realized I already responded to you in another thread about this same subject so I am just going to copy paste that here.

But I will expand on this to help anyone who doesn't understand what this means.

*Currently in the MMO they are using Judgement hour, this is just to gather PvP data for the devs, the only way vinterskorn could destroy the monument was because it was Judgement hour (JH) when they attacked.*

JH is when there is no alignment loss when you kill, and any guild with a war status to your guild has the ability to damage your buildings

The good news is JH is not going to be around in the main release it will be replaced with two War type mechanics.

1) Instanced Battles, similar to a battle in Mount and Blade. The idea is the attacking guild declares the battle, the defending guild gets to pick a time +/- 1 hr off the standard peak time for the regional server the battle takes place on, A full day or more after the battle is declared. "This allows both sides to make preparations, and request allies to assist"

What happens when you lose is still being worked out, but the idea is in some capacity the losing side will lose a monument level.

if you take anything out of this post, it should be this.

2) Sieges, in similar fashion to the instanced battle, attacker declares, defender picks a time for the siege to take place, giving defenders time to prepare for the siege. However one current requirement to declare a siege is for the defending sides monument to be level 1. So in order to siege a guild, a series of instanced battles will need to be won first.

A. Sieges will have a timer till the siege will have either failed or succeeded.
B. Prior to the siege starting the devs plan to implement a mechanic to kick all offline players off the siege defenders claim.

Now this does not counter the bark box sleeping bag stuff, but what this does do is make it so you don't have to have someone on your walls 24/7, it makes it so you know when people are coming so you can ready your self, and they cannot destroy your base when ever you are offline.[/quote]

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 15 May 2017, 18:06

You Answered me on the other Topic.
But its not that related to this Issue.

The Problem is that Walls should Protect a Village from being Accessed by People that do not have Permission to be inside there.

Its fine that the System later will include War Declarations etc.
Its not the JH System or the later System I regard as a Problem.
And its also not the thing about the Monument being Destroyed.

The Problem is that this Issue is effectively making Walls useless.
See Mate.
During a Siege. Walls are serving as an Advantage Position for a Fight. So of course there is Options to Scale and Destroy them.

But especially outside an actual Attack. Them being Scaled easily becomes a Problem.
Because people who do not care for the Alignment can this way during the Night come into your Castle and then Kill you when you log back in.
Not because they actually siege you. And not to actually destroy the monument or anything.
They simply come in killing you and take everything thats not inside a locked house where they cannot get to.

See mate.
The Joke is. For an Actual Siege I would not actually care for this.
Its not going to be that easy to get up the Wall with a Box like that when there is Defenders up there Shooting Arrows at you while your carrying a Box there.

The Problem is that methods like this with the Box effectively allows People to get into your castle in off hours when nobody is there. And then log back in there to kill you any time of the day as well as not actually going to War with you or anything to mess up your Village.

Bugs like this need to be Fixed.
Walls need to be an Defensive Structure which needs some effort to be Overcome.
Right now its effectively about as hard to overcome as the Fence on a Cattle Ranch.
And thats not going to work.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 15 May 2017, 18:59

Sunleader wrote:The Problem is that Walls should Protect a Village from being Accessed by People that do not have Permission to be inside there.

The Problem is that this Issue is effectively making Walls useless.
See Mate.
During a Siege. Walls are serving as an Advantage Position for a Fight. So of course there is Options to Scale and Destroy them.

But especially outside an actual Attack. Them being Scaled easily becomes a Problem.

I don't see a problem with this.
See Mate.
The game is an open PvP game. And items take up physical space, so it makes sense, so the act of getting over the wall makes perfect sense if people are online or not. However I do agree with you that something needs to be done about logging off in someones claim.

Sunleader wrote:Because people who do not care for the Alignment can this way during the Night come into your Castle and then Kill you when you log back in.
Not because they actually siege you. And not to actually destroy the monument or anything.
They simply come in killing you and take everything thats not inside a locked house where they cannot get to.

There was a pretty huge post about this subject a while back, in two different spots, and it has spurned some action by the devs, but no in game application has yet to be implemented.

I wish that if someone logged out of the claim, was sent off claim when they logged back in, that would be ideal imo.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 15 May 2017, 21:56

If you think it makes sense that a small box made of woodfibers allows a person to scale a wall your beyond help.

The box should neither hold onto the wall nor support a person.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 16 May 2017, 02:27

Sunleader wrote:
No need to do any Further Research here.
I spent hours reading around here.
And your pretty active. So I had a taste of your Answers to different Topics.

And you in general dont give a crab about the Base Building Aspect of this Game.
You are generally in Favor of Roaming PvP with no obstacles.
And generally against anything that makes it harder to attack others.

The more you type and jump to conclusions, the more your ignorance shows. I would tell you to go away, but I think instead I shall nominate you for the Life Is Feudal Official Jester.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 16 May 2017, 03:11

I will simply add you to ignore now.
No sense in talking to griefers who only throw personal attacks and wont say anything useful anyways.
Have a Nice Day.

InnocentFarmer
Alpha Tester

Post by InnocentFarmer » 18 May 2017, 23:15

This is just sad, stop bickering. We don't need this kind of hostility in here, you are both adults I presume, try to act like it and keep it civil, thank you!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 May 2017, 02:45

InnocentFarmer wrote:This is just sad, stop bickering. We don't need this kind of hostility in here, you are both adults I presume, try to act like it and keep it civil, thank you!

No

Ulfheoinn
True Believer

Post by Ulfheoinn » 19 May 2017, 18:08

How about you just realize that this is nonsense ?

Yeah you have walls, and ?

You want to be nearly invincible ? Go get Castle Walls.
Or even better, you don't want to lose a single fight, a single item ? Don't play it !

Life is feudal of course you will have some hard moments.

So because you have stone walls you shoudn't be raidable ?
Do you see any ladder in this game right now ? No.

That's why the barbox and bed ladder !

When you have to make a barbox ladder you have to collect, craft, and move the item to the walls.
Which make you very slow and perfect target for bow and crossbow.

Oh, and you have to do it multiples times because one barbox is not enough.

You keep saying "Go to chivalry dude"
How about YOU go play Sims Medieval ?
[BP] Ulf
Óðinn's special warriors, and elite Viking forces

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 20 May 2017, 04:21

InnocentFarmer wrote:This is just sad, stop bickering. We don't need this kind of hostility in here, you are both adults I presume, try to act like it and keep it civil, thank you!

I put him on Ignore a while back.
Ever since hes been heavily in love with me and just cant stop following me wherever I go.

So I fear its too late for you to necro an topic about that :)

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 20 May 2017, 04:25

Ulfheoinn wrote:How about you just realize that this is nonsense ?

Yeah you have walls, and ?

You want to be nearly invincible ? Go get Castle Walls.
Or even better, you don't want to lose a single fight, a single item ? Don't play it !

Life is feudal of course you will have some hard moments.

So because you have stone walls you shoudn't be raidable ?
Do you see any ladder in this game right now ? No.

That's why the barbox and bed ladder !

When you have to make a barbox ladder you have to collect, craft, and move the item to the walls.
Which make you very slow and perfect target for bow and crossbow.

Oh, and you have to do it multiples times because one barbox is not enough.

You keep saying "Go to chivalry dude"
How about YOU go play Sims Medieval ?

Did you actually Read what People have been Writing ?

Nobody is talking about this being useful as a Siege Option.
We are Talking about it being an easy way to Grief People by being able to get into Peoples Castle and then log back in there to kill unprepared people inside.

And yes.
Many People here would be better off in Chivalry. Because they very obviously want to play an PvP Arena not an Sandbox Game.
Albeit some are also simply obvious Griefers which want to keep as many abusable bugs and glitches as possible to use em to Grief People....
Last edited by sunleader on 20 May 2017, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

Ulfheoinn
True Believer

Post by Ulfheoinn » 20 May 2017, 06:52

Did you read what I wrote ?

I argumented the "so easy to get in castle" part.

If you're not able to just grab a sling or a crossbow/bow to shoot those guys or just waiting them with a weapons to prevent them to come in the way they try, well, you have nothing to do on this game.

"and then log back in there to kill unprepared people inside. "

Yeah, did you atleast play the MMO ?

You can't log back in the claim of an enemy.
When you log in enemy claims, the game put you just at the limit of this one.
So, not a valable argument.

"Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market...."

Sound like you want to play only 50% of this game.
Because yeah, this game is 50% about craft/sandbox and 50% about PvP. Deal with it.

If you're not able to, stop whinning, and seriously go to Sims Medieval, or Minecraft, there is a tons medieval sandbox, compared to games like Life is Feudal, we don't need peoples like you. You're just ruining the game with all the whinning "I get killed, I didn't wanted to :cry: :cry: " "I have walls i'm supposed to be invincible :cry: :cry:
[BP] Ulf
Óðinn's special warriors, and elite Viking forces

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 20 May 2017, 14:59

Ulfheoinn wrote:Did you read what I wrote ?

I argumented the "so easy to get in castle" part.

If you're not able to just grab a sling or a crossbow/bow to shoot those guys or just waiting them with a weapons to prevent them to come in the way they try, well, you have nothing to do on this game.

"and then log back in there to kill unprepared people inside. "

Yeah, did you atleast play the MMO ?

You can't log back in the claim of an enemy.
When you log in enemy claims, the game put you just at the limit of this one.
So, not a valable argument.

"Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market...."

Sound like you want to play only 50% of this game.
Because yeah, this game is 50% about craft/sandbox and 50% about PvP. Deal with it.

If you're not able to, stop whinning, and seriously go to Sims Medieval, or Minecraft, there is a tons medieval sandbox, compared to games like Life is Feudal, we don't need peoples like you. You're just ruining the game with all the whinning "I get killed, I didn't wanted to :cry: :cry: " "I have walls i'm supposed to be invincible :cry: :cry:

Now your Just Trolling and very Obviously not Reading.

We are Talking about Sneaking over the Walls when nobody is Online.
So your rubbish about Crossbowing him is bullshit because you cant Crossbow anyone when your not Online.
Did not know that. Not sure it works that way either.
I logged out and back in on a smaller Guilds Claim last time.
At least I got the message that I was inside that Guilds Claim right away when I logged in. They had no Walls tough. Albeit I doubt the Game recognizes that.
Thats my Signature not part of the Post lol.
And yes I want 60% Sandbox and 40% PvP (Its boring if theres no Fighting)
Unfortunately what you guys are Arguing for is a clear 99% PvP and 1% Sandbox because you basicly want that PvP Tops Sandbox in all areas.

If Building is not providing any Protection than for what would anyone Builds Walls at all ?
Walls are supposed to keep people from entering.
Thats what 50/50 would be.

You can still Destroy the Walls when actually Attacking the Castle.
But being able to abuse a Bug of Floating Items to get over the Walls without actually attacking is Bullshit.
The only ones who need that Mechanic are Griefers who want to Enter such Walls outside of the Battles to Grief People.

There is a Reason why Attacks are Planned to take place as Instanced Battles at an preset Time Frame.
Its made so both sides actually have People there for that Battle.
Its made exactly to prevent this Bullshit of Offhour Attacks where one side overcomes the Walls and Defensive Structures before the Defender is Online and then awaits them inside their own Castle to Kill them.

And this Bug abuse is preventing that.

This Bug is not useful for PvP.
The only thing its useful for is Griefing.

Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Post by Grimmblut » 20 May 2017, 19:27

As someone who has climbed over ... a few ... walls in LIF:YO and the MMO I can tell you that there are ways to lower the chance to be teleported out of a claim after you relog to maybe 5-10%. We have reported it to the Devs and I guess that it is in their bug tracker.

You can't prevent people from getting into your town, walls or not. It's only a matter of how high you set the bar for the intruders (active counter-measures like shooting help, of course, if you got the chance to do that).

Carry armor and a Gross Messer all the time and learn how to use it. That's the best you can do regarding fighting in towns.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 20 May 2017, 21:50

Grimmblut wrote:As someone who has climbed over ... a few ... walls in LIF:YO and the MMO I can tell you that there are ways to lower the chance to be teleported out of a claim after you relog to maybe 5-10%. We have reported it to the Devs and I guess that it is in their bug tracker.

You can't prevent people from getting into your town, walls or not. It's only a matter of how high you set the bar for the intruders (active counter-measures like shooting help, of course, if you got the chance to do that).

Carry armor and a Gross Messer all the time and learn how to use it. That's the best you can do regarding fighting in towns.

Aye and thats the thing.
Right now that bar is so low its non existent.

Walls should take quite the effort to get over.

This is a Game. So we have no permanent Guardposts that are there 24 hours a day. Nor do we have actual populations.
Worse. As you lose everything when you die you spawn naked.

So with this instead of actual Battles. We will have offhour attacks to kill enemies from their own houses.

I can tell you what I would do.
In the Night before an Battle I would send a Combat Group into the Enemy Castle so they kill everyone who logs in there or Respawns. Making sure that when the actual Battle Starts the enemy sits there naked as I build up a trebuchet on their central plaza to destroy their houses....

Thats why Walls should be something that can not be overcome easily outside an actual assault.

Otherwise we wont have real battles in this game.
We will have griefing contests where the winner of the Wars will be the Guild which manages to sneak onto the enemy city in the offhours and kill them when they login after which they block their respawn and equipment stores thus making it impossible to fight.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 21 May 2017, 00:43

Sunleader <Jester> wrote:<diarrhea diatribe>

You-all is missing the point of this troll. Jester wants to build a large fortification all by himself, and then be completely protected from anyone coming in and attacking him.

And no matter how many times you point out to him that this is not that game, he is bound an determined to flood the forums with his diarrhea diatribe (diarrhea because its lacks any substance) in the mistaken belief he will make changes to a game that has been in development for almost 10 years, right before its gets launched.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 21 May 2017, 02:23

Shut up Griefer.
Nobody is interested in your delusions about me.
If you need attention go poke a beehive or something.....

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 21 May 2017, 09:29

Sunleader wrote:I can tell you what I would do.
In the Night before an Battle I would send a Combat Group into the Enemy Castle so they kill everyone who logs in there or Respawns. Making sure that when the actual Battle Starts the enemy sits there naked as I build up a trebuchet on their central plaza to destroy their houses....

Man, aren't you tired of spreading bullshit and stupid theory crafting that sounds ridiculous as result of your total unfamiliarity with how the game actually works? I can understand the initial trolling, but that's over the board already, take a break because as you see no one cares about the bullshit in your head. If you think you know so much just make your own game ffs and we will come to bullshit for days...

Shedding some light on your total ignorance:
First of all - jumping over walls takes time. That time is determined by the type of all and terraforming. Building stone wall is dirty cheap and quite easy to begin with, that alone is quite easy to jump over which is working as intended. After all guilds have stone walls after 1 week of playing, even before they get decent weapons, so it's that easy to build them. Now the terraforming is what makes it much harder to jump over if you invest the time to do it properly as it requires more effort then actually building the walls. Invest in good terraforming + 2 layers of walls and it will be exponentially harder for enemies to jump inside the town itself (time consuming where the question comes is it actually worth it to jump inside).
If you invest in end game walls like the castle ones it's much more complicated as well - the castle walls are at least 3 times higher which is much much harder to jump over. We have such around the keep on the MMO, even if no one is online it will be 2 hours at the very least to jump over them and that's if no one is online. With 1-2 lancers and few archers you just won't be able to unless you come with 30+ players.
http://i.imgur.com/jxVHv8R.jpg

Now let's say the enemy is inside the town - so what? He can't destroy/loot/spawnkill (the last one unless you are not stupid enough to leave the house doors open). Let's take your ridiculous scenario - you jump inside at 3 am in the middle of the night. The official battles are only in the evening, let's say 19-20 pm. Are you going to stay online all that time?! Because if you log out then you are ending up outside the walls and will have to work your way inside again, this time under fire. And let's say you are inside all the time - the normal players have a habit to log out inside a house/keep so that when they log in they end up there where the enemy can't enter. They can assemble and go out of the house/keep and kill the enemy. Also if they get killed because of log outing in the middle of no where in their base they spawn inside a house, so they can't be spawn killed. Each decent guild has armory in the houses, so you can wait for your res. sickness, take new gear, train up some lost skill and go out to fight again when your other guildmates are ready too. Not to mention the archers who can shoot out of the balconies and there is no chance to enter and kill them in melee. So my question is - what exactly will you achieve with such attack before official instanced battle?

Hieve

Post by Hieve » 21 May 2017, 14:22

Guys - first please be calm to each other, this should be a >bug< discussion and no flame wars about your personal behaviour.

I see here 2 fractions :

one that shares a bit of my opinion that you should be SAFE behind your walls for intruders, as long as they are not strong enough to destroy walls and
the other fraction that just thinks that these mechanics are ok to keep pvp up and running

From my own and my friends perspective this game is a huge grinder > you take long for everything you do, but as far as you have it you can be happy and proud of what you done!
now the box mechanic destroys these whole "grind" -> griefers can join our server and can get loot within small amounts of time just by climbing over castle walls, where the inhabitants might be afk or even not online, and this in case is an unfair mechanic!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 21 May 2017, 23:30

Sharana wrote:
Sunleader wrote:I can tell you what I would do.

Man, aren't you tired of spreading bullshit and stupid theory crafting that sounds ridiculous as result of your total unfamiliarity with how the game actually works? I can understand the initial trolling, but that's over the board already, take a break because as you see no one cares about the bullshit in your head. If you think you know so much just make your own game ffs and we will come to bullshit for days...

Shedding some light on your total ignorance:
First of all - jumping over walls takes time. That time is determined by the type of all and terraforming. Building stone wall is dirty cheap and quite easy to begin with, that alone is quite easy to jump over which is working as intended. After all guilds have stone walls after 1 week of playing, even before they get decent weapons, so it's that easy to build them. Now the terraforming is what makes it much harder to jump over if you invest the time to do it properly as it requires more effort then actually building the walls. Invest in good terraforming + 2 layers of walls and it will be exponentially harder for enemies to jump inside the town itself (time consuming where the question comes is it actually worth it to jump inside).
If you invest in end game walls like the castle ones it's much more complicated as well - the castle walls are at least 3 times higher which is much much harder to jump over. We have such around the keep on the MMO, even if no one is online it will be 2 hours at the very least to jump over them and that's if no one is online. With 1-2 lancers and few archers you just won't be able to unless you come with 30+ players.
http://i.imgur.com/jxVHv8R.jpg

Now let's say the enemy is inside the town - so what? He can't destroy/loot/spawnkill (the last one unless you are not stupid enough to leave the house doors open). Let's take your ridiculous scenario - you jump inside at 3 am in the middle of the night. The official battles are only in the evening, let's say 19-20 pm. Are you going to stay online all that time?! Because if you log out then you are ending up outside the walls and will have to work your way inside again, this time under fire. And let's say you are inside all the time - the normal players have a habit to log out inside a house/keep so that when they log in they end up there where the enemy can't enter. They can assemble and go out of the house/keep and kill the enemy. Also if they get killed because of log outing in the middle of no where in their base they spawn inside a house, so they can't be spawn killed. Each decent guild has armory in the houses, so you can wait for your res. sickness, take new gear, train up some lost skill and go out to fight again when your other guildmates are ready too. Not to mention the archers who can shoot out of the balconies and there is no chance to enter and kill them in melee. So my question is - what exactly will you achieve with such attack before official instanced battle?

Seeing the First two Parts are Totally Irrelevant.

The Last Part shows you have obviously never been in any Big Wars in such Games.

You dont need to "Spawnkill"
You get 4-5 People into the City while nobody is Online.
Then you just Gank everyone inside the City.
Even with Closed Doors they will be Confined to their Houses.
So they will have the Disadvantage and unless they Store several Sets of Equipment at their House thus being able to Reequip right away. They will be useless for any Future Fights.

Moreover any Future Fights are also a Disadvantage. Because they can see your Houses. So they can stay as a Group while you need to go out of your Houses which means even if you all log in together and then come out of the Houses at once they will get some of you while still alone.

Well. On the last Server War in Mortal Online we managed to get a Group into an Enemy Stronghold at around 2 o clock in the Night.
And we had People inside there all the Way to 4 o Clock in the afternoon. So for 14 Hours.
For a 1 Day Action its not a Problem for an Active Guild to Muster Forces to stay online throughout the day.
As its a One Time Action and YOU can choose when it happens. Thus not requiring to keep it running for very long.
Its not a Problem.

The War System works so that during the Daily Battle Time you can actually Destroy anything thats not in Central Claim Area.
Or an Personal Claim Area.
However Personal Claim Area can apparently be removed.

So instead of Fighting you in Full Gear in a Field Battle when you got Cavalry and possibly even Mercenaries Fighting for you.
I will simply get my Guild for a Day Action Ready.
In which the more Active guys from the Guild will Log in early.
Enter your Guild Area.
Kill anyone who Logs in while running a Nice Music Bot in Teamspeak.
Sitting on your own Walls as we shoot you the moment you leave your Houses and also Shoot into your Windows if your House has them.
Building small stuff to block off stuff your boxes etc so you can reach em easily.

And by the time the Battletime of the Server Starts. We will be sitting with our Guild inside your Town. Being able to Destroy anything thats not in the Central Guild Claim Area.
And having a massive Advantage in a Fight. Cause several of you will have been Killed logging in during the Day.
Others might not be there that day as they got Real Life and did not know we will Attack.
So whatever is left of your Guild can make the combined effort all logging in at once hopefully inside their Houses and then being able to all Come out at once.
Still having a Big Disadvantage because we will be there in Formations and Shooting down at you from your own Walls while your trying to gather together from the different Houses your in :)

See Guys.
I dont know if your Realizing the Options this System gives people to abuse it.
And actually want to abuse them thus not liking the idea of them being Fixed.
Or if your just so Inexperienced in this Type of Game that your honestly not expecting such basic options of abuse.

But seriously.
For being such Cracks at this Game your apparently really not very creative when it comes to War Tactics for Games like this.
Unfortunately others wont be like that.

Albeit well. The War System was not yet in. And there was no several Month long Tests yet. So its likely normal that you guys did not yet have any Big Server Wars.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 22 May 2017, 08:40

Sunleader wrote:Some long text without saying anything useful as usual

Thank you for proving yet again how faaaaaaar you are away from LiF.

Sunleader wrote:The Last Part shows you have obviously never been in any Big Wars in such Games.

Had a good laugh, thanks for that :)

Return to Feedback section