stats for fighting animals?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Miya_Mo

stats for fighting animals?

Post by Miya_Mo » 08 May 2017, 08:10

I've been told by some it's strength that's important and by others that strength doesn't count but agility is important. So I would like advice from someone who is very good and killing aggressive animals please. I am absolute rubbish at fighting these animals and need to work out why and what to do to improve. I leveled up my weapon use against a dummy so have level 90 to 100. I always lose against a wolf or boar or bear. I've tried slinger, bow and arrow, crossbow and bolt. Also waraxe, morning star, sword and shield, two handed sword, knights sword for horseback. my hit-points on the animal are always like 21 or 23.
Yesterday was the last straw, friend was killed by a wolf. I used the knights sword on warhorse and riding past him hit the wolf each time for 20 odd points but he got me also and at 6 health I had to give up. We ended up leading the wolf away from his claim instead as we couldn't kill it.

Oh we are on a pve server so no pvp at all.

I would be grateful for some good advice here please. :)

Asimov

Re: stats for fighting animals?

Post by Asimov » 17 May 2017, 10:33

Strength comes down to what weapon you use. Weight of the weapon X 10 is the least you need to have to not lose extreme amount of stam when you use the weapon. High con is good, so you have more HP
Using bows is different. High strength is needed 60 for a longbow. Cant remember what it takes for the other bows, but i think it is 40.

But fighting animals is imo the hardest you can do in this game. I rather fight 2 armoured guys if i am naked, then a boar :-) Animals dont care it they die, so they just charge you until they are about to die and they are faster then you. When they are about to die they start running away... Pain in the ass.

So the best advise i can give you, is avoid not to get hit and then just take your time.
The coward way is to shoot at it with what ever you have. When it gets close, jump on a horse. Ride to a safe distance and shoot at it again while it runs toward you. Do this until it is about to die and starts run away from you... Then it is your time to charge :-)
I am not sure it still works, but once you could stand on a horse and shoot at it and it would never charge you.

Another even more coward way is to get it to follow you. Take it to the coast. Stand on land close to water. When it comes at you hit it once and run in water. No need to swim, just get your feet wet. Then it runs away from you until you step out of the water again. Sometimes it even get stuck on the coast and you can just stand in water and keep hit it. Stupid exploit but easy to kill it with melee weapons. Again it does take time.

Good luck and let the beasts know who are the masters :-)

Return to Newcomer Section