Tree Regrowth Mechanics

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Tree Regrowth Mechanics

Post by sunleader » 20 May 2017, 15:09

Short Question because I saw a Topic on this and am not sure how this actually works out.

Is there a Mechanic which Growths New Trees without Players Planting them ?

If yes how does that Mechanic Work.
Whats the Conditions for a New Tree Growing without the Player Planting it ?

Greetz
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Tree Regrowth Mechanics

Post by Azzerhoden » 21 May 2017, 00:47

Sunleader wrote:Short Question because I saw a Topic on this and am not sure how this actually works out.

Is there a Mechanic which Growths New Trees without Players Planting them ?

If yes how does that Mechanic Work.
Whats the Conditions for a New Tree Growing without the Player Planting it ?

Greetz

A solid question for a new player.

Yes, there is a mechanic for trees to naturally germinate in forest soil. Observation has suggested that these trees actually grow a bit faster, but I have no data to back it up. Only the trees that are 'natural' for the area will sprout (mostly effects the MMO).

This will not occur if there is a stump still in the soil though, and it does not appear that stumps rot away on their own.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 21 May 2017, 15:52

Azzerhoden wrote:Observation has suggested that these trees actually grow a bit faster, but I have no data to back it up.

As far as I know, wild trees don't grow faster than planted ones. I never observed any difference. Unless it changed very recently, it was confirmed by devs :

The rules are exactly the same for all trees, the only difference between "wild" trees and player-planted ones is, well, the act of their creation - first ones are planted "naturally", the second - by hand.

Source : http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 4331443312

To OP : yes, as said by Azzerhoden, there is a forest algorithm, introduced in last October, which spawns trees and makes them grow and eventually die.

Global explanation of this algorithm was described by devs here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 4330917557

If you play Your Own, server admin can control the growth speed by adjusting the TreeAgingSpeed setting introduced in last December. He can even adjust the density of forest and others parameters. If you play the MMO, mechanics are the same but very slow and of course you can't adjust them.
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 21 May 2017, 22:58

I see :)
Thanks for the Info :)
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Return to Newcomer Section