Why I stopped playing Life is Feudal : Your Own

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal: Your Own? Post it here!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Re: Why I stopped playing Life is Feudal : Your Own

Post by sunleader » 23 May 2017, 00:45

Sharana wrote:
Sunleader wrote:Some long text without saying anything useful as usual

Thank you for proving yet again how faaaaaaar you are away from LiF.

Sunleader wrote:The Last Part shows you have obviously never been in any Big Wars in such Games.

Had a good laugh, thanks for that :)

And yet.
You are apparently unable to provide a Single Good Argument against it.
Which is not Surprising. After all this Follows the Rules that you yourself Posted in your Explanation of the War Mechanics.

And well Sorry. But thats the Feeling I get.

Either you guys actually want this Griefing Rubbish to be the Way the Game is Played.
Or your seriously so Naive that you believe there to be actual Battles in a War with that System.
Which shows that you cant have been in any Major Wars on such Games. Because thats ultimately how Wars in these Games are Fought if the Systems do not prevent it.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 23 May 2017, 05:44

Sunleader wrote:Or your seriously so Naive that you believe there to be actual Battles in a War with that System.
Which shows that you cant have been in any Major Wars on such Games. Because thats ultimately how Wars in these Games are Fought if the Systems do not prevent it.

You do realise that the battles in wars in LiF will be fought in instanced off battles right?

And when you get to the siege part, if you have a clan large enough to be able to get 50 guys to hold a base for 14 hours before the siege starts, good for you but if you'd taken your time to read up on it you would know that before the siege starts any enemy on the claim would be moved out. Ofc, that might not mean much if it's right beforehand, since as you said, you would have forced them into their houses. But if you've had enough guys with enough dedication to sit there for that long, hey, you've earned that victory.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 23 May 2017, 15:42

No. And thats the thing. YOU DID NOT EARN this Victory.
You abused a Bug to get into a place you should not be. And kill people which you might never have beaten in a field battle.

And then the instanced battle happens and your enemy is teleported there with several naked guys and lack of equipment because you were confined to your house.

A Victory like this which was achieved by abusing weaknesses in the game mechanics is not earned its cheated.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 23 May 2017, 15:47

Sunleader wrote:No. And thats the thing. YOU DID NOT EARN this Victory.
You abused a Bug to get into a place you should not be. And kill people which you might never have beaten in a field battle.

Abused a bug? You do know they are adding climbing to the game? You can litteraly walk up to a wall, rightclick it and start climbing, given that you have the skill.
A legit ingame feature to scail walls, so how is that a bug?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 23 May 2017, 15:51

Dragmar wrote:
Jester wrote:No. And thats the thing. YOU DID NOT EARN this Victory.

Abused a bug? You do know they are adding climbing to the game? You can litteraly walk up to a wall, rightclick it and start climbing, given that you have the skill.

Or that Trebs can throw their loads over the walls and destroy the monument without the need of sending folks over the wall or even destroying the wall.

But I'm sure that actual, real physics is some sort of bug as well. Right Jester?
Last edited by Azzerhoden on 23 May 2017, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 23 May 2017, 16:04

Hieve wrote:one that shares a bit of my opinion that you should be SAFE behind your walls for intruders, as long as they are not strong enough to destroy walls and

Hieve, thank you for sharing your opinion and doing so in a respectful manner toward those who will disagree with you. I will show you the same respect, while also being somewhat blunt.

I am afraid your version of what this game should be does not match that of the original dev plan from Bitbox. On the wiki is an FAQ composed from a long running thread that I believe is now gone. Specifically I will point out the following text:
53. can you climb mountains or only jump like in minecraft

53) You'll be able to climb mountains, some trees, maybe even walls with a good climbing skill level.

207. Will there be jumping or only climbing for scaling walls/fences, etc? Will I be able to jump over a low fence?

207)You will be able to jump over small obstacles, some fences. Other fences and walls would require you to have a higher level of climbing skill.

294. Do I have to fear being killed by other players at any time even while offline?

294) No, you can not be killed while you are offline. You can not be killed in starting NPC city and in some area around it. And if you stay behind your personal or guild claim walls - you will be pretty safe too.

485. Will it be possible to extend the protected land? What if my guild wanted to build a large city? Would we just have to build massive city walls? It would be hard to build a large metropolis if you couldn't extend the protected area. The city would be easily sieged.

485) You will not be able to extend city claim protected area. Though you can always make a walls perimeter away from city claim area. But you will have to defend them from raids on a daily basis, though destroying a castle wall will not be an easy task and will need a good amount of men and siege equipment, so I doubt that occasional raids of your enemies wil lbe able to break through, unless you really not protecting that perimeter with your own forces. And yes, it was stated before, that we might introduce raiding window of opportunity, so you will not have to protect your assets on your country claim 24/7.
Source is http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Faq.

As you can see, walls are supposed to provide some protection, but not complete protection. Hostile players are expected to be able to get over walls with some difficulty, but in general your stuff will be safe from raiders unless you are carrying it with you.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

AndrejVinterskorn
Zealous Believer

Post by AndrejVinterskorn » 23 May 2017, 16:47

It is regrettable that you lost your stockpiles of items and other various sundries, consider it a sign though that if the process of rebuilding the stockpile became ad nauseum instead of enjoyable moving on is probably what's best.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 23 May 2017, 17:22

Dragmar wrote:
Sunleader wrote:No. And thats the thing. YOU DID NOT EARN this Victory.

So long Story Short.
You want this to become Griefer Wars.

Were there is no actual Battles between Guilds. But instead Wars are an Contest to See who can pester the other Guild with Offhour Attacks late at night and prevent them from playing the Game.

Because thats what it boils down to.

See Mate. If I tought this might not become an issue I would not Post here.
So yeah nice of you telling me that we might get even more Mechanics which will effectively Result in the Game turning into an Griefer Contest to see who is more ready to miss out on Sleep and run his Attacks in the late night off Hours.

However its not affecting my Statement.

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Post by Some_Jerk » 04 Jun 2017, 00:57

I don't think that LiF is right for the OP of this thread, I think he made a good decision in deciding to stop playing. What I think most of us can agree on that makes this game fun is that you have to be constantly looking over your shoulder while you craft, you should never be truly safe.
Best of luck to you OP, I hope that you find the right game for you, and since you brought it up I would like to say that I think objects can still be lifted too high. It would be an improvement to limit how high up you can place them further.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 04 Jun 2017, 01:38

Some_Jerk wrote:I don't think that LiF is right for the OP of this thread, I think he made a good decision in deciding to stop playing. What I think most of us can agree on that makes this game fun is that you have to be constantly looking over your shoulder while you craft, you should never be truly safe.
Best of luck to you OP, I hope that you find the right game for you, and since you brought it up I would like to say that I think objects can still be lifted too high. It would be an improvement to limit how high up you can place them further.

:good:

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 13 Jun 2017, 14:00

[quote] I would like to say that I think objects can still be lifted too high. It would be an improvement to limit how high up you can place them further./quote]

that would solve the problem.
On the other hand there should be some proper siege ladder that requires more than a few branches from the nearest tree to scale the walls.
the boxes and sleeping bags, right or wrong, simply mess up the game esthetics.

by the way, thank you, I enjoyed the online insults exchange. Quite entertaining. Ironically, a guy calling himself Some_Jerk, came up with constructive idea. Priceless :)
cheers Everyone, Life is Feudal

Hieve

Post by Hieve » 12 Dec 2017, 05:34

as this theme has gone a bit under the radar....
I just discovered this on the MMO Server:

a bridge made out of beds, to be honest , especially this russian guild was and is always really creative ;P

BUT, new players may see this and think like "wtf, this is a glitchy mess game, I don't want to play on" , especially when it tooks HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS to build stuff, which then gets destroyed by simple game exploits and stuff.

I know there was just an Update stopping people from stuffing people into others claims, when not in judgment hour, but the reality looks quite different...
Guilds bring up 5-10 people with log carrieres and get them just before the judgment hour starts onto the enemy lines.
Besides that I read that these Bark Boxes are now officialy called "Climbing Ladders" , which for me, sounds like a bad excuse for not bringing in real ladders and accepting things that gone horribly wrong?

Don't get me wrong please Guys, I am just this critical as this is a huge MMO Project and could be something wonderful. But especially such exploiting or ugly mechanics could stop new players from joining!

Zenebatos2

Post by Zenebatos2 » 21 Jan 2018, 12:27

This discussion as gone both sides, and i'll only add one thing.

i'm a Builder, and i feel darn fucking useless when after i spent 8 hours a day, gaterhing materials, working them ,then building Stone walls and then castle walls for weeks, with all the ressources that as been sunked into it, to see a darn guy "climbing" over it using cheap boxes or beds that magically sticks on the side of a vertical drop wall, then simply use the /stuck command to bypass any "extra" defenses we might have put up there to be sure that they won't get over it...

Why even bother with the wall building and sink 6-8 hours a day, for something that is has usefull as a band aid on a wooden leg?...

I'll would'nt mind if they used Siege towers, ladders, or even climbing gear and stuff, that would mean that they had to sink time and ressources to overcome what you did, and would be fair game, but seeing all those beds that costs just a few branches and fibres to make all over the walls, i just don't want to even play anymore.

I understand that no obstacle should be "unpenetrable", but the balance is completly off when compared the timeXeffort ratio of both methods...

Return to Feedback section