Early Access backers from 2014

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Dahydro

Early Access backers from 2014

Post by Dahydro » 07 May 2017, 22:30

Who else from 2014 still hasnt got an invite, who else from 2014 has put in a ticket about it? Who else got the same email as me who clicked the link and it went to the buy into the MMO access page? We have been ripped off and i knew it as soon as they posted 1 day that they ran off with our money and is putting it twards an MMO with the promise that we the original backers would get put in the first waves and still have not. Im sure i will get banned for this post.

Arrakis

Re: Early Access backers from 2014

Post by Arrakis » 08 May 2017, 00:21

Dahydro are you one of the original paypal backers who supported the MMO during the alpha tests before YO release? You seem to have joined these forums only recently, so this doesn't seem to be right :no: unless you have registered with another account back then. Or you just have confused YO early access with MMO alpha testers perhaps? If you mean Steam purchase of LiF:YO, you will be eligible for participation in Wave #2 and you will receive free character ticket, which basically grants you full access to the game. I'm not sure how receiving basically free game suddenly means 'ripping off'.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 08 May 2017, 03:25

Dahydro wrote:Who else from 2014 still hasnt got an invite, who else from 2014 has put in a ticket about it? Who else got the same email as me who clicked the link and it went to the buy into the MMO access page? We have been ripped off and i knew it as soon as they posted 1 day that they ran off with our money and is putting it twards an MMO with the promise that we the original backers would get put in the first waves and still have not. Im sure i will get banned for this post.

even if your suppose to have access right now its not like your missing much wave 1 is super buggy and it will be wiped before wave 2 anyway

D4m4g3d

Post by D4m4g3d » 13 May 2017, 07:44

How does one even know if they have access or not? I remember there was a link that would tell you but i am having trouble finding it or even if it still exists.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 13 May 2017, 11:58

Simply look at your profile. If your nickname is not gold or blue, you're not a tester. But if you have LiF:YO in your steam library, you can link your account, verify game ownership and wait for OBT where you will be able to participate.

Chettone

Post by Chettone » 19 May 2017, 21:09

I also remember that promise that all owners of LiF would get access to the MMO beta/testing. It was way before the game was re-named to "Your Own" and way before the "Wave" moneygrabbing system was even announced.

Basically if you own the game from 2014, you will have the SAME privileges as someone who buys it RIGHT NOW. That is, access to the f*** OPEN BETA WAVE 2.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 May 2017, 02:36

Chettone wrote:I also remember that promise that all owners of LiF would get access to the MMO beta/testing. It was way before the game was re-named to "Your Own" and way before the "Wave" moneygrabbing system was even announced.

Basically if you own the game from 2014, you will have the SAME privileges as someone who buys it RIGHT NOW. That is, access to the f*** OPEN BETA WAVE 2.

No, you are wrong. I've been in all the beta testing waves, while those with packages are only recently.

Plus, I have a cool tag and you don't.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 20 May 2017, 13:46

You guys either forgot your original account info or are scammers. Either way, sounds like you are screwed.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Chettone

Post by Chettone » 24 May 2017, 23:04

Azzerhoden wrote:
Chettone wrote:I also remember that promise that all owners of LiF would get access to the MMO beta/testing. It was way before the game was re-named to "Your Own" and way before the "Wave" moneygrabbing system was even announced.

No, you are wrong. I've been in all the beta testing waves, while those with packages are only recently.

Plus, I have a cool tag and you don't.

You sound like 12 YO.

When the game was on Sale in humble bundle (Feb 2016) there was no "Wave" scheme and we were promised access to the mmo tests.

If my info is correct wave scheme was announced on MAY 2016:
mmo-servers-are-up-beta-tests-incoming-t19459

So those who didnt took part of previous tests (kickstarter backers and dev friends) and bought the game in between 2015 and early 2016 will have the same benefits as someone who buys the game NOW (may 2017).

EDIT (found some of those broken promises I mentioned before):
The bundle in bundle stars states (17 November 2015):
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/lif ... dal-2-pack

"Included in your purchase, all Life is Feudal:YO owners will receive one character to gain full access to early mmo testing in Q2 2016, and the full massively multiplayer game - Life is Feudal:MMO once released."

That same text I believe was copied also on the humble bundle pack. When they say "Full access to early mmo testing" I was expecting to participate on those tests held during Q2 2016, that devs decided to call Wave #1 and restrict access just for backers and new donors, even if the bundles stated otherwise.

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 25 May 2017, 06:01

And they didn't scam anybody. Because WAVE 2 is, basically, an OBT stage. And every YO owner will be granted an access to it.

Chettone

Post by Chettone » 26 May 2017, 20:53

Losthorizon350 wrote:And they didn't scam anybody. Because WAVE 2 is, basically, an OBT stage. And every YO owner will be granted an access to it.

"Full access to the testing in Q2 2016", that is what I bought or at least that is what they advertised on their re-sellers. Getting access to the last stage of testing 1 year later is by no means a "full access" and its fraud (scam). In my country companies that promote something and do not deliver are forced to comply (or pay a fine proportional to all those potential sales caused by the false promotion).

Changing your product name or adding more testing stages dont change what the company has to deliver to their costumers.

But all that is water under the bridge. At this point 99% of players who follow LiF already have built their own opinions about the devs (good or bad). Dont get me wrong, I love the game, but devs seem to be amateur-ish in terms of business decisions and game development. Again, thats just my opinion, everyone has their own based on their own experiences.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 May 2017, 14:09

Chettone wrote:
You sound like 12 YO.

True, I sometimes do.

Chettone wrote:When the game was on Sale in humble bundle (Feb 2016) there was no "Wave" scheme and we were promised access to the mmo tests.

Players who purchased through a humble bundle package were around a year after the initial YO release. You were told you would have access to the MMO during beta, and you will.

Many players call phase 2 'open beta', but that is not accurate. Phase two is open for all the players who purchased YO. No one who hasn't purchased YO or a package will have access. Whereas a true open beta is open to anyone who downloads.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 May 2017, 14:12

Chettone wrote:But all that is water under the bridge. At this point 99% of players who follow LiF already have built their own opinions about the devs (good or bad). Dont get me wrong, I love the game, but devs seem to be amateur-ish in terms of business decisions and game development. Again, thats just my opinion, everyone has their own based on their own experiences.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them, and just because they are able to hit whatever is directly 'behind' them, they think both are accurate.

D4m4g3d

Post by D4m4g3d » 28 May 2017, 19:33

Ishamael wrote:You guys either forgot your original account info or are scammers. Either way, sounds like you are screwed.

This is my original account info... See my join date?

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 29 May 2017, 05:40

Dahydro wrote:Who else from 2014 still hasnt got an invite, who else from 2014 has put in a ticket about it? Who else got the same email as me who clicked the link and it went to the buy into the MMO access page? We have been ripped off and i knew it as soon as they posted 1 day that they ran off with our money and is putting it twards an MMO with the promise that we the original backers would get put in the first waves and still have not. Im sure i will get banned for this post.

lolwut

MMO has already been launched in 2k14? Holy moly. So why did I buy a goddamn YO version, when I could start testing MMO about two and a half years ago.

You either trolling or simply not competent in this issue. I have no other explanation for your words.

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 01 Jun 2017, 17:21

D4m4g3d wrote:
Ishamael wrote:You guys either forgot your original account info or are scammers. Either way, sounds like you are screwed.

September of 2014 was already after the original backers on PayPal that tested life is feudal before it ever came to steam. I believe you joined right around the time your own was released to steam as early access. Still far after the original backers.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 03 Jun 2017, 04:58

D4m4g3d wrote:

Easy enough to create a forum account without sending any cash to Bobik. Now I'm leaning towards scammer.

I especially like the part where your first post was in 2016.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

D4m4g3d

Post by D4m4g3d » 07 Jun 2017, 04:36

Alakar wrote:
D4m4g3d wrote:

September of 2014 was already after the original backers on PayPal that tested life is feudal before it ever came to steam. I believe you joined right around the time your own was released to steam as early access. Still far after the original backers.

actually if you check the original backers list you will see there was 1-2 people that joined after me on that list... so yeah.

D4m4g3d

Post by D4m4g3d » 07 Jun 2017, 04:41

Ishamael wrote:
D4m4g3d wrote:

Easy enough to create a forum account without sending any cash to Bobik. Now I'm leaning towards scammer.

I especially like the part where your first post was in 2016.

except i got the game Purchased: Sep 20, 2014 @ 5:02pm according to my steam.

and not posting on the forum doesnt mean scammer... lol

Any mod/admin can verify so unless they say other wise then your input is invalid

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 07 Jun 2017, 06:00

D4m4g3d wrote:
except i got the game Purchased: Sep 20, 2014 @ 5:02pm according to my steam.

and not posting on the forum doesnt mean scammer... lol

Any mod/admin can verify so unless they say other wise then your input is invalid

Well, you just proved him right in your own post there buddy.

If you bought the game on steam you are not part of the early backers. The early backers sent money to Bobik over Paypal before the game was ever a thing on Steam, when it was just a consept and ideas on paper.

Return to General Discussion