[Forest Village] Steam Achievements and Comparison with the Other Game (1.0.6205)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

[Forest Village] Steam Achievements and Comparison with the Other Game (1.0.6205)

Post by Arrakis » 29 May 2017, 20:03

Life is Feudal: Forest Village

Hey, villagers!

Firstly we would like to announce that Steam Achievements are implemented now. We accidentally seemed to overlook them in the initial release!

We also wanted to answer multiple topics and reviews that compare us with another game that was ‘banished’ from development a long time ago. It is true that we were inspired by that game, but we firmly believe there are many key differences, new features and more gameplay options that make the game stand out:

• We did not abandon our development and, of course, do not plan to!
  • First person view mechanics, which can turn into a whole new gameplay option or simply an interesting way to get up close to, and wander around, the village you’ve created or hunt wild animals
  • Terraforming for additional complexity and variety of your gameplay
  • Better graphics
  • Wild predators wolves that threaten your cattle and foxes that raids your coops
  • More modding freedom almost everything can be modded. Just wait a few weeks and you will see some astonishing mods - we’re quite sure!
  • As well as multiple other features (transport company, complex ecosystem, expeditions, upcoming Viking incursions, many decorations for your villages, etc.)

- FV Team

Cunk

Re: [Forest Village] Steam Achievements and Comparison with the Other Game (1.0.6205)

Post by Cunk » 30 May 2017, 17:09

While I agree Banished was a little disappointing in the end I think it's a bit much to call it "abandoned". It was finished and the dev did add a few things after it was considered finished, mainly features to support the modding community. But just because the game is kind of thin on features doesn't mean it was abandoned.

Now Clockwork Empires on the other hand...

(BTW, I'm not trying to contradict your main point that FV is an improvement over other village builders. I plan to find out at some point when I have time to dedicate to it.)

Return to News and Information