weapon/armor variety and humanoid npc for pve

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Nemrut
Zealous Believer

weapon/armor variety and humanoid npc for pve

Post by Nemrut » 18 May 2017, 06:01

More weapon/armor variety with new ores...
Also wep and armors made by different ore types can give special attribs...

For PvE , we can have some dungeons / graveyards with low-fantasy beast/monster elements and/or humanoid npcs like bandits/thiefs/merchs etc...

Nemrut
Zealous Believer

Re: weapon/armor variety and humanoid npc for pve

Post by Nemrut » 21 May 2017, 04:17

i mean look at building variatys and look at armor /weap variatys =)

will it be bad if we have more ores ? so we can craft new type of armors or better ...like UO .. all we see iron armors.. u can do gold armors too which gives some bonuses..and different type armors weps also..

so if they bring up new ore types then we can do some special stuff from them... that brings variaty to game.. i mean yes its very deep game specially at building branch but crafting is not deep as it seems

Reapo

Post by Reapo » 23 May 2017, 10:07

Well the reason you don't see a huge variety of Gold or even Silver armor is because it wasn't practical. Copper and Iron armor were stronger than the two mentioned before was mainly used for currency or decoration.

I would like to see, maybe when the game is released, that allowed blacksmiths to augment the look of an armor with rare metals and jewels to make things look more unique.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Bronze thrown in there though. For some more of the early level blacksmithing that is.

And no NPCs, should take a look at the other posts that mention NPCs, a lot of good discussions there between the players but I'm pretty sure Devs have already declined the feature.

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 23 May 2017, 11:46

Reapo wrote:And no NPCs, should take a look at the other posts that mention NPCs, a lot of good discussions there between the players but I'm pretty sure Devs have already declined the feature.

You're wrong, devs have confirmed several times that NPCs will be implemented both in MMO and YO. They often communicate about their progress :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 520725752/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 285071429/

Recent tweet about NPCs being implemented in YO too : https://twitter.com/LifeisFeudal/status ... 2434812929

g0ku wrote:For PvE , we can have some dungeons / graveyards with low-fantasy beast/monster elements

No no no, never. Please, it's a realistic feudal world, not The Witcher or Skyrim. No magic, no fantasy. That would ruin the game. Don't get me wrong, I love fantasy, The Witcher and Skyrim are among my favorite games, but Life is Feudal with its realistic setting is fresh air in our world of gaming full of bazillions of fantasy games.
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

Nemrut
Zealous Believer

Post by Nemrut » 29 May 2017, 12:41

Reapo wrote:Well the reason you don't see a huge variety of Gold or even Silver armor is because it wasn't practical. Copper and Iron armor were stronger than the two mentioned before was mainly used for currency or decoration.

I would like to see, maybe when the game is released, that allowed blacksmiths to augment the look of an armor with rare metals and jewels to make things look more unique.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Bronze thrown in there though. For some more of the early level blacksmithing that is.

And no NPCs, should take a look at the other posts that mention NPCs, a lot of good discussions there between the players but I'm pretty sure Devs have already declined the feature.

I agree for endgame crafting we need more wep/armor/jewel and more ore types...

I got it no fantasy elements at this game...But still as i said , it would be good with more wildlife varity / food resources / ore-metal resources and weapons ,armors for ENDGAME...

Thanks for comments

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 12 Jun 2017, 11:12

The colored armors in UO were made from colored iron, not silver or gold, which makes no sense. Colored armor is kinda silly anyway.

Actually the NPC natives that are coming seem very fantasy themed, which I think is a bad idea personally. There was this one female monster thing, looked like something from Dark Souls.

But we will never see NPC's that can do jobs like farming resources or fighting for us, that's for sure. It's not worth the strain on the servers anyway. Imo. even the natives are misplaced and will just mess with performance.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jun 2017, 19:29

I have to agree that I am against colored ore for colored armor. That said, I would LOVE if there were additional slots for players to add some customization, preferably from the artisan tree or procuration tree.

This was brought up before by another player (thread somewhere), but wanted to bring it up here as well. This would be in addition to the 'store' for customization apparel (which I also support).
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas