Annoying StatCaps

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Killa162

Annoying StatCaps

Post by Killa162 » 02 Mar 2017, 07:18

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =875215350

Why is this a thing? If the game has very EXACT XP table with 5 places after the decimal, how are you suppose to reach 150 StatCap equally for your stat break points for your build. If agility lets say only has break points on every 10 (10/20/30/40/50 Even with no decimal) then how can you make a legit build? Same thing goes for HP, at 60 you reach 150 HP. But when you go down to 59 you now have 149 HP. Most will say big whoop 1 HP, but if it's an MMO in the future, don't you think you should get the build you want, EXACTLY to the way you want it?

Specially for my OCD, on paper there's builds out there that tell you what exactly to get your stats to. But you can't do that with the current XP system, constantly downgrading and upgrading your stats to finally reach that limits you want is not fun game play, that's extremely tedious and bad game design. This honestly needs fixed, because this could be applied to Life skills as well with the limited number you'll have in the MMO, every point counts, and being fucked over a 60 skill at 59.99 to not craft something or use a weapon, etc. That's extremely bad.

P.S. This was a rant and not proof read, so maybe grammar mistakes since I typed this quite fast, I'll read over it later to make sentences feel smoother.

Luis.osorio619

Re: Annoying StatCaps

Post by Luis.osorio619 » 05 Jun 2017, 21:59

Yeah I agree, I really want 60 60 Str and Agil but this is as close as I can get. I thought after fumbling around I could hit it but I keep going down and up from 149.8 and 149.9 or so I gave up after the game said I had 60 Agility despite showing 59.99 on the P menu

TheHelleri

Re: Annoying StatCaps

Post by TheHelleri » 24 Jun 2017, 01:18

I've heard that if you play with it enough (leveling and deleveling stats back and forth and messing with your food quality modifier) that you can jog it into giving you the full 150. I've also been told that a GM or admin (with database access and the know how) can manually change this to be correct.

But if you shuffle your stats for any reason after fixing it you can wind up right back in the same situation. And it's a real bummer as well. It's not just a pet peeve. It effects game-play tremendously because of how you need some stat to be at a round number in order to do certain things. And this can prevent the ability to do that with out (what should be unnecessary) purposely deleveling some other stat.

I think a good solution would be if there were an invisible extra stat level. This wouldn't be reflected in what is shown to the player. And because of the current issue can't ever be fully gained (easily at least since you can't see it you can't reason on how to earn the exact amount needed to level it fully). But it would act as a pad for this issue.

I think that would easier than reworking how all the exp. gain operates. It would just be a non-visible additional level that plays by the same rules and effectively hides the issue without having to try and figure out a real fix for it.

Return to Feedback Section