Remove Z axis

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Mahirou

Remove Z axis

Post by Mahirou » 14 Jun 2017, 22:15

Hi, I hope that the team support of life is feudal find solution about Z axis and remove it, because is not logic and not real to use bark box, crate and log to jump the wall. thank you

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Re: Remove Z axis

Post by Forresthunt » 15 Jun 2017, 04:12

Hi, I hope that the team support of life is feudal find solution about Z axis and remove it, because is not logic and not real to use bark box, crate and log to jump the wall. thank you

agree, beside logic it simply spoils game atmosphere. Instead a proper siege ladder should be implemented.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 15 Jun 2017, 06:46

It's already planned (siege ladder, crouch mode).

And please remember walls are not designed to be invokable.

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 15 Jun 2017, 07:50

And please remember walls are not designed to be invokable.

of course, they shouldn't be. Walls can be brought down or climb over. And it should be done with a dignity they deserve.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Jun 2017, 13:53

Fun Fact: People carrying bark boxes make excellent targets.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 15 Jun 2017, 15:03

Fun Fact: People carrying bark boxes make excellent targets.

Absolutely, :)
they will still do when carrying a ladder.
Now imagine to have an option to push the ladder away from the wall when they climbing it. :)

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 16 Jun 2017, 21:24

I hope the reason they're not touching it is because they plan on adding the siege ladders and climbing mode soon.

It's true that it breaks the atmosphere of the game, much like floating bases in "Miscreated" if you guys know of that game.
Spoiler

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 16 Jun 2017, 22:32

I hope the reason they're not touching it is because they plan on adding the siege ladders and climbing mode soon.

wall climbing is good, very logical but the climber weight should be limited to light armor/weapons and empty inventory. (I cannot imagine a Knight climbing over the wall in full armor and a pony on top of that)

question; after climbing the wall, will I be able to open the gate from inside?

TheHelleri

Post by TheHelleri » 01 Jul 2017, 21:35

Not sure what is meant by "z axis". But I'm assuming based on context that it's meant to be representative of the vertical translation axis (which can be different from game to game and even between different modeling software as to how it's labeled).

If this is the case, then I strongly disagree for a few reasons:

~ The ability to stack objects is incredibly useful for storage concerns and allows us to make things like second stories to a fort using objects like platforms.

~ This would make it impossible to place objects that start partially in the ground on the actual ground (such as movable wall defenses or logs being placed on a slope).

~ This doesn't necessarily make siege better. In my opinion it's just an unnecessary easement for those who refuse to put in the work to make a good base.

I think that ultimately the onus to make such siege tactics not worth it for the effort is on the builder of the fortified area. There are plenty of things which can be done that make this type of siege impractical. Such as:

1) Incredibly steep and long slopes leading up to the base of a wall.

2) Clearing back building materials such as logs and trees a fair distance from walls (making it so they have to walk it a long way in the open).

3) Putting minor obstructions to easy walking in such as fences and trenches.

4) Booby trapping the area (You can lower a level tile, set an animal trap, raise the level of that tile. And it will be almost completely disguised with only the tip of the teeth showing).

I've developed something of a methodology regarding base building. The first part of it is that a wall surrounding your entire settlement is useless. You will rarely have enough people on the actually be able to watch and defend that much wall. And it takes far to long to get that much wall up and running.

But I also think it's fair play that these tactics should be technically possible (even if made impractical by smart base design). What's not fair is to make the vast majority of the play experience (building, resources collection, and crafting) far more intolerable to only arguably benefit the smallest part of the play experience (actual fighting and siege).

Const
Zealous Believer

Post by Const » 02 Jul 2017, 11:18

TheHelleri wrote:Not sure what is meant by "z axis". But I'm assuming based on context that it's meant to be representative of the vertical translation axis (which can be different from game to game and even between different modeling software as to how it's labeled).

In my opinion "z axis" means ability for player to set a vertical position for items (e.g. bark boxes) and place them in the air.

Thehelleri0

Post by Thehelleri0 » 12 Jul 2017, 22:03

Const wrote:
TheHelleri wrote:Not sure what is meant by "z axis". But I'm assuming based on context that it's meant to be representative of the vertical translation axis (which can be different from game to game and even between different modeling software as to how it's labeled).

In my opinion "z axis" means ability for player to set a vertical position for items (e.g. bark boxes) and place them in the air.

From the surrounding context in the OP, that is the reasonable presumption.

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 24 Aug 2017, 15:20

If they know at what height above sea level the terrain is, all they have to do is set a max height for objects in the z-axis.

Bark boxes and other items could be limited in how high they can be place from the ground ( not each other)

decorative items ( or wall items you cant stand on) would have a slightly high limit, but still a limit.

you would eliminate barkbox climbing if they couldn't be placed higher than your head from the ground.
My Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon 4.0 GHz
Cooling: CORSAIR H100i Water Cooling
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
MOBO: MSI Z97-Gaming 7
RAM: 24GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz
GPU: 2xGigabyte 1080GTX 8GB
Disk 1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD (system disk)
Disk 2: 2xWD 2TB HDD RAID 0 (data disk)
Screen: 27" Asus Monitor

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 24 Aug 2017, 15:37

You know, the other day my wife asked me to change a high over head light. I told her I couldn't do it as players here told me it was unrealistic for me to stack things on top of each other and then climb to reach it.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Nymity
Zealous Believer

Post by Nymity » 25 Aug 2017, 19:59

Hey, I like storing a few bark boxes of oddments above my wardrobe. It keeps me from stuffing food in with my clothes and tools.

I'm okay with making them unclimbable by players, but don't mess with where I can put them.

xoxo
Patience Gadabout
(of the sisters Gadabout: Patience, Atsuko and Jax)

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 26 Aug 2017, 12:28

But the z axis is gone. The fact is there is more then just 1 z axis. A bark box create a new z axis, where you can place a new bark box on top.
If you remove the z axis in a 3D world, how the fuck would you be able to build on anything that is above water and terraform up at all ? Just curios

Return to Suggestions and Ideas