Development News #60 - ‘Aid the Trade, Battles and Security’

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #60 - ‘Aid the Trade, Battles and Security’

Post by Arrakis » 14 Jul 2017, 17:08

The first thing we want to mention is that the new trade posts system requires thorough testing. If you want to get involved and aid the development of the project, we’d greatly appreciate if you could test trade posts in every way possible! We want to ensure the mechanics are solid, so feel free to play about and send any bug/imperfections reports our way. We’re confident that, with the help of our awesome players, we can make the trade system practically perfect!

We would like to once again thank those players who, on top of exploring and having fun during the test runs, are also sending reports and giving us vital feedback. Thanks, dudes! Our game gets better thanks to all of your efforts.

Currently, we are working on the Battle system, which you will be able to try out later during this test run. (We do advise you not to plan large scale combat before that.)

In other news, when the open beta starts, we are going to remove the ability to alter client program files by the players — this will solve the majority of issues surrounding fair play. All settings will be stored server-side and will be protected from client-side changes.

Thanks for checking out this week’s blog, remember to tune in next time for more news and updates!

— The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #60 - ‘Aid the Trade, Battles and Security’

Post by Khan- » 14 Jul 2017, 17:11

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

:D
Last edited by Khan- on 14 Jul 2017, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 14 Jul 2017, 17:12

Trad en cours

Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragodor » 14 Jul 2017, 17:19

:D
Very nice!
:beer:

JackStark
Zealous Believer

Post by JackStark » 14 Jul 2017, 17:25

Arrakis, is it safe to presume there will be another testing phase for wave 1 after this phase? : :)

Barlor
Beta Tester

Post by Barlor » 14 Jul 2017, 18:20

Cool!
Last edited by Barlor on 15 Jul 2017, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

Ragemaster9999
True Believer

Post by Ragemaster9999 » 14 Jul 2017, 19:50

JackStark wrote:Arrakis, is it safe to presume there will be another testing phase for wave 1 after this phase? : :)

I dang well hope so... Especially since core things that were implemented MONTHs ago I personal claims... Are still not working]

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 14 Jul 2017, 20:16

JackStark wrote:Arrakis, is it safe to presume there will be another testing phase for wave 1 after this phase? : :)

That's very probable.

JackStark
Zealous Believer

Post by JackStark » 14 Jul 2017, 21:08

is there a chance you guys can leave the servers up for more than two weeks every 1.5 months? every phase less and less people come back because they lose interest over the breaks.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Jul 2017, 22:39

If the next phase were to last for 4-6 weeks - I think we could get a large number of people back on the servers for some serious 'testing'. ':'
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Xzg0
True Believer

Post by Xzg0 » 15 Jul 2017, 07:50

XENO TAVERN
TS: ts3.xenotavern.com
http://youtube.com/xenotavern
http://facebook.com/XenoTavern
Zapraszamy umiłowanych w PvP i coop.

Solo_Kamen
True Believer

Post by Solo_Kamen » 16 Jul 2017, 14:02

How do you earn the ingame currency?

Zerozucka
True Believer

Post by Zerozucka » 17 Jul 2017, 13:56

Arrakis wrote:

In other news, when the open beta starts, we are going to remove the ability to alter client program files by the players — this will solve the majority of issues surrounding fair play. All settings will be stored server-side and will be protected from client-side changes.

— The team

What about interface plug-ins? Will the function exec('..cs') be removed from the game?
Inventory sorting scripts are very useful, especially as an alchemist.

Eale

Post by Eale » 20 Jul 2017, 00:16

I've been waiting so long for this game to hit open beta that I don't even want to play it anymore. honestly, you guys take so long to do patches and updates that I'm not even interested in playing. I cant even remember when I bought this game and got excited for its release anymore, its been so god damn long.

I know you guys are probably working hard, but you obviously aren't the best in the world, I can accept this. but what I cant accept is you posting the same things over and over again saying this and that, then breaking your word on when open beta will happen over and over again.

I've purchased this game for myself and 4 other people in the hopes that it would help and the open beta would be accessible at some point, then I find out I have to buy a believer pack too??? its not enough that I purchased Lif-lite now I have to buy it again to play in your closed beta. how greedy are you?

This isn't me bitching, this is me telling you I'm done waiting for your game and I'm not going to be participating in your open beta, or game (if they ever release). I haven't been so disappointed since Sony destroyed SWG and SW:ToR flopped.

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 20 Jul 2017, 08:35

Eale wrote:I've been waiting so long for this game to hit open beta that I don't even want to play it anymore. honestly, you guys take so long to do patches and updates that I'm not even interested in playing. I cant even remember when I bought this game and got excited for its release anymore, its been so god damn long.

I know you guys are probably working hard, but you obviously aren't the best in the world, I can accept this. but what I cant accept is you posting the same things over and over again saying this and that, then breaking your word on when open beta will happen over and over again.

I've purchased this game for myself and 4 other people in the hopes that it would help and the open beta would be accessible at some point, then I find out I have to buy a believer pack too??? its not enough that I purchased Lif-lite now I have to buy it again to play in your closed beta. how greedy are you?

This isn't me bitching, this is me telling you I'm done waiting for your game and I'm not going to be participating in your open beta, or game (if they ever release). I haven't been so disappointed since Sony destroyed SWG and SW:ToR flopped.

You should take into account that Bobik's team is not Ubisoft, Sony or any other 1000 people staff game developer. They started as an indie-game developers, and if you compare them to other indie game developers, they are one of the best. Best because 80% of indie developers release the game at early access, promise much, make people believe them, grab money and than just stop developping the game at all, like a pyramid scheme.

Instead, they are still working and developing the game for years. That is called dedication. Yes, they cant make huge updates every month like blizzard, cant introduce new mechanics and tweaks every week and cant please you every day. But they really want to make the game of their dreams, not a money-sucking machine like WOW or anything else.

If they sought only to grab people's money, they would have left the project long ago, since the inflow of new players right now is extremely low. Actually 80% of people who are playing it right now bought it 2 or more years ago. With that inlfow you would have left the game as it is as it is not profitable at all. But the profit is not the aim. Realization of a dream is the aim. That is called dedication. And huge game developers have no dedication. They want to make a good to sell, not a masterpiece to imress.

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 20 Jul 2017, 08:47

I just replay the first original devloper's livestream of the game dated from 2013.
It's a good reminder to show how much the game has improved over the year since 2013 in term of world environment, textures, game interface, HUD, 3D models, animations, game mecanics and more.
Huge progress has be made and now in 2017 devlopment tools have also improved and ease devlopper's work.

As you say, dev team is Russian made, and are dedicated by nature. :crazy:

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 20 Jul 2017, 09:11

Zohann wrote:
Eale wrote:I've been waiting so long for this game to hit open beta that I don't even want to play it anymore. honestly, you guys take so long to do patches and updates that I'm not even interested in playing. I cant even remember when I bought this game and got excited for its release anymore, its been so god damn long.

You should take into account that Bobik's team is not Ubisoft, Sony or any other 1000 people staff game developer. They started as an indie-game developers, and if you compare them to other indie game developers, they are one of the best. Best because 80% of indie developers release the game at early access, promise much, make people believe them, grab money and than just stop developping the game at all, like a pyramid scheme.

Instead, they are still working and developing the game for years. That is called dedication. Yes, they cant make huge updates every month like blizzard, cant introduce new mechanics and tweaks every week and cant please you every day. But they really want to make the game of their dreams, not a money-sucking machine like WOW or anything else.

If they sought only to grab people's money, they would have left the project long ago, since the inflow of new players right now is extremely low. Actually 80% of people who are playing it right now bought it 2 or more years ago. With that inlfow you would have left the game as it is as it is not profitable at all. But the profit is not the aim. Realization of a dream is the aim. That is called dedication. And huge game developers have no dedication. They want to make a good to sell, not a masterpiece to imress.

+1

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 20 Jul 2017, 16:55

I have been following this game since 2014. I didnt buy YO, and no one said you had to.. you wanted to. They even said it doesnt give you the MMO if you bought YO. So I said my piece and waited. If you are this impatient then perhaps indie development isnt something you should follow.

These companies dont have millions of dollars and dozens of employees to throw at a project. They have at best a handful of people. And one tenth the money to work with.

In closing.
Life is full of disappointments, get used to it.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Jul 2017, 17:07

Hodo wrote:They even said it doesnt give you the MMO if you bought YO.

Uh, what? Where did you hear that? :shock: I mean, there's an actual announcement on top of general discussion section since 2014 -> lif-yo-owners-will-receive-some-premium-currency-in-lif-mmo-t1941/

So basically everyone who bought LiF:YO will get one free character ticket upon release along with full access to the Wave #2. It was repeated many, many times, so please, don't spread false information. :no:

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 20 Jul 2017, 19:58

Arrakis wrote:
Hodo wrote:They even said it doesnt give you the MMO if you bought YO.

Uh, what? Where did you hear that? :shock: I mean, there's an actual announcement on top of general discussion section since 2014 -> lif-yo-owners-will-receive-some-premium-currency-in-lif-mmo-t1941/

So basically everyone who bought LiF:YO will get one free character ticket upon release along with full access to the Wave #2. It was repeated many, many times, so please, don't spread false information. :no:

I missed that. Then he didnt need to buy it again as he stated.

Return to Development News