[Suggestion] Periodic catastrophic regional event

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Baal
True Believer

[Suggestion] Periodic catastrophic regional event

Post by Baal » 16 Jul 2017, 19:30

To add immersion and create some random minor event in the world that can have some realistic impact on human (player) development or create period of scarcity, low yield and tensions between region, increasing trade of goods between regions, it can be cool to add some random event, like climatic seasonnal event i propose.

In winter, some year it can happen a more harsh winter with low yield for crops, low reproductiv rate for animals, and make some trees dying.

In summer, some year it can happen a more dryer summer (heat wave) with low yield, lost of crops, lost of cattle, and make some trees dying.

For instance, the game can trigger a harsh winter (or summer) once 2 or 3 years (in-game) on a regional scale or on a single server scale.

The result will create an event windows (like those little ingame event that happen when crafting) with a text that announce there will be a harsh winter/summer in your server area.
A code can simply select randomly some trees ID across the server to replace them with a very low quality tree <10 with the dying, dark leafless 3D model. And maybe a forced aging tree's rate.
It will chose a certain quantity of tree ID randomly in the wild and also in player claim, affecting tree nursery planted by guilds, forcing forester to manage, cut and replace dead trees.

The quantity of tree have to be balance to not create large dying forest but simply few hundred tree.

For players crops only in summer the code will cut in half some tiles of crops, randomly across the server.
In summer, a heat wave event will also make tree dying and switch randomly to low quality dead trees.

The code will be a random dice roll and some guild will not suffer from the event and some other guilds will suffer a little more. It's all about luck.

Tristan81

Re: [Suggestion] Periodic catastrophic regional event

Post by Tristan81 » 15 Aug 2017, 14:45

I completely agree with this post.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Aug 2017, 15:32

I'm a bit leery of this. Players will be providing plenty of events on their own. Perhaps if a server becomes too tame.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 15 Aug 2017, 20:38

I understand what you mean, players actions and wars will be catastrophic event in a way, putting crops on fire, plundering warehouses, killing cattle, cutting trees and orchards.

But between wars i know well organised guilds will quickly crumble under thousands of material and resources and this will not create many needs and trade, except for regional and rare resources.

I'm just thinking to find a way to make at least winter very hard and an important gameplay to consider. To force players to plan carefully before winter. I mean no apple in winter, no hazelnut, less animals except in southern regions. If a guild do not plan good enough they will be forced to trade, to travel south to find food or eat mushrooms, fish, berry and roots to not starve. (if not what the point to add roots in the game)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas