Need a mimimum of Players to create a guild?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

LordOfWar19
True Believer

Need a mimimum of Players to create a guild?

Post by LordOfWar19 » 17 Jul 2017, 15:09

Is there a minimum of players to create a guild with a monument in the mmo, or can you have "a guild" for your own claim with like 2-3 players?

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Need a mimimum of Players to create a guild?

Post by Sharana » 17 Jul 2017, 15:13

You can place down monument if you have at least 10. Till that point you will be band without land and political influence, but still "guild" and not randomers.

Balandar
Zealous Believer

Post by Balandar » 17 Jul 2017, 16:34

You can sort of utilize your own claim for all members in your band. Use the website to assign the guild to your personal claim for access to all assets, then everyone in your 'guild/band' can use the personal claim (build, terraform, use bark boxes, etc).
Discord | Forum Lurker

LordOfWar19
True Believer

Post by LordOfWar19 » 17 Jul 2017, 19:18

So you cant build a Monument without having at least 10 people? But you can claim land for yourself without having a munument?
(not quite sure if I got it right, I am not native english speaker)
Me and some friends (less than 10) want to play the mmo in the upcoming open beta but if you cant claim land you get robbed all the time and the decay destroys your village.
In YO you could create a guild with les than 10 ppl, but in the mmo beta run it didnt work anymore...

Masteroliw
True Believer

Post by Masteroliw » 18 Jul 2017, 18:52

You can claim land without a monument by creating a personal claim, which is kinda a mini monument visually.

The size is determined by the skill authority, which is not large at max. Also as Balandar wrote you can add access for all your guild members to it.

It works almost the same as a normal monument, the stuff you build on it doesn't decay, and you can protect your stuff from others accessing it.

The only thing that you can't do with it is declaring war on other guilds to do instance battles and sieges. And in the future the way for bandits to pillage your personal claim is through a long and tedious ritual, which may take hours. But it is certainly easier for them than the normal way of war against a guild with a normal monument that has enough land to build proper walls and defences, and that might take days instead. So it is not wise just having a personal claim.

Also if a guild decides to build a monument near your claim and their claim covers your land they can evict you and take your stuff. Not sure if it is immediate or not, so you might have a chance to leave. Or they might just impose a tax on you.

LordOfWar19
True Believer

Post by LordOfWar19 » 18 Jul 2017, 19:50

thanks a lot, that helped me.

LordOfWar19
True Believer

Post by LordOfWar19 » 19 Jul 2017, 07:39

I have a further question regarding the personal claim: somehow i cant manage to increase the claim area. I started with 9 Tiles, but when i click on the ground with authority to increase my claim area it doenst work. I chose some tiles on the ground and it says f.e. 25/100 and he does his prayers, but when hes finiished the claimed area is not bigger.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 19 Jul 2017, 08:08

LordOfWar19 wrote:I have a further question regarding the personal claim: somehow i cant manage to increase the claim area. I started with 9 Tiles, but when i click on the ground with authority to increase my claim area it doenst work. I chose some tiles on the ground and it says f.e. 25/100 and he does his prayers, but when hes finiished the claimed area is not bigger.

It should take effect next ingame day.

Masteroliw
True Believer

Post by Masteroliw » 19 Jul 2017, 14:02

LordOfWar19 wrote:I have a further question regarding the personal claim: somehow i cant manage to increase the claim area. I started with 9 Tiles, but when i click on the ground with authority to increase my claim area it doenst work. I chose some tiles on the ground and it says f.e. 25/100 and he does his prayers, but when hes finiished the claimed area is not bigger.

In system chat it should say something like "Your new land is yours tomorrow" if you did it right.

If not it might be because you didn't select the land that the little monument is on with the new land you want to claim. Also if you don't want to lose the old land you already have claimed, you need to select it too in the resize of your claim.
Last edited by Masteroliw on 05 Sep 2017, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Newcomer Section