LiF currently encourages AFK macro skill increase (aka DF)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Zohann

Re: LiF currently encourages AFK macro skill increase (aka D

Post by Zohann » 18 Jul 2017, 11:59

Bobik wrote:For combat skills progression we plan instanced battle arenas. Just random matchmaking, when you and bunch of random players from all the server will be mixed up and divided evenly into two teams of random players to have a battle for fun and for wager.

If someone will prefer macro hitting each other AFK in their city instead of having fun in a battle arena, well, that is going to be their choice. As I've stated before, we will not kick/ban for that.

Bobik, could you give more details on that?
Does it mean, that this mathcmaking will have a possibility to effectively substitute the current combat skill macro lvling in terms of speed of lvling?

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 18 Jul 2017, 12:17

Bobik wrote:For combat skills progression we plan instanced battle arenas. Just random matchmaking, when you and bunch of random players from all the server will be mixed up and divided evenly into two teams of random players to have a battle for fun and for wager.

What will be next? PvE Raids with teleport to the instance, so we can avoide the open world. If any PvP action is instanced, whats left in the open world? Feeding the animals?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jul 2017, 13:45

Zohann wrote:Bobik, could you give more details on that?
Does it mean, that this mathcmaking will have a possibility to effectively substitute the current combat skill macro lvling in terms of speed of lvling?

Substitute? Not really. Leveling skills on each other will be possible but won't be too effective.

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 18 Jul 2017, 14:05

Arrakis wrote:
Zohann wrote:Bobik, could you give more details on that?

Substitute? Not really. Leveling skills on each other will be possible but won't be too effective.

Basically, the only thing, that is lvled *on each other* right now is archer branch tier 2 skill (dont remember it). You lvl it to 30, take the "training" normal leather armor piece and put it on, and the other guy hits you with the hilt of the 1h weapon or something like that right into this armor piece, since this armor is bound to that skill. Thats it. Every other military fighting skills are macro raised by hitting with your weapon a destructble object (people use movable palisade or how is it called, since it is as sturdy as the training dummy, but the latter one was made too expensive since last updates, as I remember it). The ranger skill is macro raised through picking/dropping pavise.

Ah, and equipment maintain skill for poisons, of course. The guys just stockpile primitive wooden shields, ask their friend to hit it with the broadaxe until it destroys and repeats with all other shields. Than the guy repairs everything and the sequence repeats.. :crazy:

I dont think that was the concept of how it should be, but its interesting how the dev guys are going to solve it).

Hodo
True Believer

Re: LiF currently encourages AFK macro skill increase (aka DF)

Post by Hodo » 18 Jul 2017, 17:55

Zohann wrote:
Hodo wrote:I always love this debate...
Macro or not to Macro.
For crafting it is an issue, but crafters are often alts of main characters anyway.

As for macroing your combat skills, doesnt make you better at actually fighting. Your characters skills can only get you so far.

Yep, since everyone uses macro to lvl combat skills, especially for the beta. Or you think there are still some people who are attacking a dummy to reach 90 two-hand skill with their bare finger on the left button? Maybe, there are people like this, but, uh...That is very enthusiastic,.. or excentric. And what about the MMO, where the skill progression will be twice as low as it is on the beta right now...

Oddly enough that is what I have been doing with my sling.

But I understand where you are coming from. If I wanted I could easily setup a macro to run for a set time and do some actions then restart. But it is beta so I am not doing that right now.. I am actually testing out how the grind works and what doesnt work and what does.

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 18 Jul 2017, 19:04

They've done a pretty good job of not rewarding AFK Macro-ing or making it not really relevant. LIF's Attribute/Skill gain formula/play boils actions down into three categories. Free Automated Actions, Automated Actions with Durability, and Single Actions with Durability.

Generally the game rewards Free<Automated Dura<Single. In theory could you get.. lets say.. 100 Natures Lore from smacking weeds? Yes. However, it's going to be horribly inefficient as free actions have a steep skill gain drop after the initial grind.

As far as Attributes go, the maximizers will have multiple toons with the proper Stat builds for their role. Hard switching the use of a macro would be terribly inefficient. Being that any weapons of note are T4 or T3 crafting skills, and need regents from a semi developed economy. (Rope, Forge, Bowsmith, Con/Tanning) A rush to attribute would be... not terribly helpful.

The only place I've seen macros be terribly useful.. is in the "smack this" occasion. Hitting a training dummy or archery target or horse over and over. Smacking something with a siege torch over and over. I do wish the developers would consider turning these obnoxiously repetitive events into Automated Durability events and not Single Action Durability events. As these will likely just get macro'd anyways.
======================================

All that said,

That's kind of a charm of this game. You can move a mountain if you really want to. It's not so much a question of can you, but is it worth it. And that's a pretty complicated question. Macro's included.

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 19 Jul 2017, 08:36

Hodo wrote:
Zohann wrote:
Hodo wrote:I always love this debate...
Macro or not to Macro.
For crafting it is an issue, but crafters are often alts of main characters anyway.

As for macroing your combat skills, doesnt make you better at actually fighting. Your characters skills can only get you so far.

Yep, since everyone uses macro to lvl combat skills, especially for the beta. Or you think there are still some people who are attacking a dummy to reach 90 two-hand skill with their bare finger on the left button? Maybe, there are people like this, but, uh...That is very enthusiastic,.. or excentric. And what about the MMO, where the skill progression will be twice as low as it is on the beta right now...

Oddly enough that is what I have been doing with my sling.

But I understand where you are coming from. If I wanted I could easily setup a macro to run for a set time and do some actions then restart. But it is beta so I am not doing that right now.. I am actually testing out how the grind works and what doesnt work and what does.

Yep. And we are testing combat, that is why we need high level combat skills fast to start testing. And not slings).

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 19 Jul 2017, 18:23

Zohann wrote:
Yep. And we are testing combat, that is why we need high level combat skills fast to start testing. And not slings).

Watch what you say about the sling!
It is by far the best cheap hunting tool out there.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 24 Nov 2017, 14:02

Heya everyone,

Doesn't mean to neco this, but it's important for me to understand: is this still valid? Is AFK macroing, as long as its not hacking the game's memory or network stream, ok?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 24 Nov 2017, 14:13

HolyAvengerOne wrote:Heya everyone,

Doesn't mean to neco this, but it's important for me to understand: is this still valid? Is AFK macroing, as long as its not hacking the game's memory or network stream, ok?

Good luck macroing anything here without your tool breaking or something or someone killing you.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 24 Nov 2017, 14:54

Hodo wrote:

Good luck macroing anything here without your tool breaking or something or someone killing you.

There are plenty of ways if you're creative, namely on newbie island. I just want to know if its legit or not, I'll worry about the rest, ok? Thanks :)
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

BlackDeath01
Devoted Believer

Post by BlackDeath01 » 24 Nov 2017, 17:01

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
Hodo wrote:

There are plenty of ways if you're creative, namely on newbie island. I just want to know if its legit or not, I'll worry about the rest, ok? Thanks :)

i think he answered ur question indirectly so yes its legit

Vekkuza

Post by Vekkuza » 24 Nov 2017, 17:19

Coming from a heavy pvp sandbox called Mortal I know it doesn't come down to macroing your skills up since everyone gets there quick. It all depends on simply how well you play. If people macroing is an issue for you than simply do it yourself even though if you pvp well it shouldn't be an issue. It was the same for Darkfall also.

Return to General Discussion