[MOD] BasilMod::Pack

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own
Custodian
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] BasilMod::Pack

Post by Custodian » 15 Apr 2017, 10:15

Sensus_Moon wrote:Hi, I cannot get this workaround to work on my server, is there a specific position to place the line in the main.cs file? thanks

This line should be added by your players on LiF clients to the end of main.cs file

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 15 Apr 2017, 11:50

on client, not serverside in the main.cs last line under handjob :lol:

Sensus_Moon

Post by Sensus_Moon » 17 Apr 2017, 07:32

Michael_von_Westphal wrote:on client, not serverside in the main.cs last line under handjob :lol:

Thanks for the reply, I have done this and all looked good as I was asked to restart as Basil Mod had updated, but on restart there was no sign of the mod in game. I have restarted the server to the same effect/

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 18 Apr 2017, 12:10

Sensus_Moon wrote:I have done this and all looked good as I was asked to restart as Basil Mod had updated

If you have BasilMod version shown at bottom-right corner of the client game screen, client-side mod is loaded. Since you have been asked for a restart after some game files have been updated, mod is working fine, i.e. it has downloaded updated content from the server.

Sensus_Moon wrote:but on restart there was no sign of the mod in game

What do you expect to see in game? Changes depends on server and server-mod configuration.

Catall
Devoted Believer

Post by Catall » 11 May 2017, 19:14

And once again there was a Patch and another once again Basilmod Server and Client-side don't like each other.

I wish they would stop patching, as there is nothing important done.

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 11 May 2017, 19:19

Same here. And we don't know how to or which file changed that. If we disable BasilMod, everyone can connect but they can't interact with objects.

I thought the skill_types could be an issue but to rollback this file does nothing. :(

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 11 May 2017, 19:33

remove Basilmodloader for now and let check LiF folder per Steam to get originalfiles back, so u can play, again

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 11 May 2017, 22:37

I will be able to review this issue after this weekend

Pouget007

Post by Pouget007 » 13 May 2017, 16:58

Hello i have problem with my server, i installed BasilMod in my server but when i try to joind i have have this "You joined server witch does not support BasilMod: Pack"

Here my file

(In pack)

In my config

In my Image

I puted "exec("BasilMod/pack/pack.cs");" on main.cs

Did i miss something ? or done something wrong ?

Thx for your help.

Catall
Devoted Believer

Post by Catall » 13 May 2017, 20:56

Pouget007 wrote:Hello i have problem with my server

Everyone has this Problem since last Patch.

Cornwall
True Believer

Post by Cornwall » 16 May 2017, 23:30

Is Basil Mod still all screwed up since last patch?

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 22 May 2017, 04:38

Hi Custodian,

do you working on it? Hope you can release a update soon :)

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 22 May 2017, 09:17

Halvdal wrote:do you working on it? Hope you can release a update soon :)

Still working on it, but no eta for the fix

TheSavior

Post by TheSavior » 24 Jun 2017, 00:24

This game is not the same without Basilmod.... everyday i'm coming here to see if it works again... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 29 Jun 2017, 23:14

TheSavior wrote:This game is not the same without Basilmod.... everyday i'm coming here to see if it works again... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Basilmod::pack works with lastest LiF patch.
As of now, you need to manually start basilmodloader on clients, i.e. download and place basilmodloader.zip into LiF game folder, and add
Code: Select all
exec("basilmodloader/loader.cs");

to the end of main.cs file.

Updated version of basilmodloader.zip will be released soon.

TheSavior

Post by TheSavior » 30 Jun 2017, 03:10

спасибо Custodian, ты лучший :good: :good:

Jakub.jochim

Post by Jakub.jochim » 30 Jun 2017, 08:42

Hello. Maybe im just stupid, but i cant find anywhere how can I install mods in my server. Should I download same files as client and for server? Or its there different files? If I download mod files i just put them into my server files and cofigure config.cs file and content.cs files? Or its working without configuration files? Because its not working for me. Sorry, im not good at it and i need explanation. Thank you so much.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 30 Jun 2017, 09:14

Jakub.jochim wrote:i cant find anywhere how can I install mods in my server

Head post contains installation instructions for both, server and client under the spoiler.

Jakub.jochim wrote:Should I download same files as client and for server? Or its there different files? /quote]
Files are different.

Jakub.jochim wrote:If I download mod files i just put them into my server files and cofigure config.cs file and content.cs files?

Installation manual contains steps on mods configuration and enabling.

Skyff85
True Believer

Post by Skyff85 » 02 Jul 2017, 13:06

I dont know what happen but now mod downloading updates restart clien and again download update and restart, again again and again...

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 02 Jul 2017, 13:34

Skyff85 wrote:I dont know what happen but now mod downloading updates restart clien and again download update and restart, again again and again...

Client stuck in a download loop, because it either cannot download and replace file, or get crc for existing file due to lack of permissions, or other malfunction. Client log contains the details.

Skyff85
True Believer

Post by Skyff85 » 02 Jul 2017, 13:43

Seileen
Zealous Believer

Post by Seileen » 02 Jul 2017, 21:54

Custodian wrote:
Skyff85 wrote:I dont know what happen but now mod downloading updates restart clien and again download update and restart, again again and again...

Client stuck in a download loop, because it either cannot download and replace file, or get crc for existing file due to lack of permissions, or other malfunction. Client log contains the details.

I've encountered the same thing whenever I have ravens and/or tides enabled. Currently I keep them disabled to avoid the loop.

Jakub.jochim

Post by Jakub.jochim » 03 Jul 2017, 07:27

Hello, please can you help me? I have BasilMod installed in my server. When i want to join everything is ok, mods downloading etc. But I dont see BasilMod settings anywhere. What should i do?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 03 Jul 2017, 08:45

Jakub.jochim wrote:But I dont see BasilMod settings anywhere.

config.cs and content.cs are configuration files for basilmod::pack. Head post contains configuration details under the spoiler.

GoliathsMarbles

Post by GoliathsMarbles » 20 Jul 2017, 09:55

Hi, I tried installing the client-side version of the mod so I can play on a server, and I can boot up the game and begin joining the server, but I get an error message about base64decoder.exe not being found, so I was wondering how to resolve this? I have tried moving the base64decoder.exe from the .zip file to where the error message says it is required, except the .exe file needs a password in order to unpack it. The other files in the .zip are fine, and do not need passwords.

Also, I can click ok and go past the error message, but the server loading gets stuck on "Downloading Content Updates [1/4] 100%"

*EDIT* I have fixed this problem by downloading the base64decoder.exe from the manual installation link, and moving that file into the specified path from the popup error message. If anyone else gets this problem, just do this and you should be good!

Thanks

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 16 Aug 2017, 23:20

BasilMod::Pack updated to v10, LiF version "1.3.2.5".

Content is now synced before character list is loaded for the player.

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 06 Sep 2017, 05:00

Seileen wrote:
Custodian wrote:

I've encountered the same thing whenever I have ravens and/or tides enabled. Currently I keep them disabled to avoid the loop.

We also have this download loop. Deactivate Raven and clearing the cache doesn't work. :(

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 07 Sep 2017, 14:24

Halvdal wrote:We also have this download loop. Deactivate Raven and clearing the cache doesn't work. :(

Make sure you are using latest basilmod::pack version.

Client log contains information about the reason of download loop. Most common reasons are:
  • client does not have base64decoder installed
  • client cannot access required content file (files does not exist, or lack of file read access)
  • client cannot calculate CRC of the file
  • CRC calculated by client is different from one known by the server

Zorbatschev

Post by Zorbatschev » 15 Sep 2017, 13:25

Hi,
I downloaded the "BasilMod : Pack" and imported it into LIF root folder according to the manual from the first page of this thread but after the server restart there is displayed the BasilMode version 9 in the game. If I understand correctly the version available in the dropbox should be v10. Because of this inconsistency i am not able to login into the game because the game restart is requested again and again...

COuld you please give me advice or solution how to resolve this problem?

Thank you

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 15 Sep 2017, 20:46

Zorbatschev wrote:BasilMode version 9 in the game. If I understand correctly the version available in the dropbox should be v10

Latest client version available is v9. Latest server version is v10.
Client will be autoupdated to latest version supported by the server (files will be downloaded from the server).

If you stuck in download loop, read my previous post about most common pitfalls.

Return to Game mods