One-hand vs Two-Hand

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Sainse1

One-hand vs Two-Hand

Post by Sainse1 » 06 Jul 2017, 23:19

Good evening Feudalist,

Well, after last few patches in YO i had a many fight againts one handed fighters... From the start of the Life is Feudal, i only used Two Handed sword, cuz i like it. But now it not really equal...

How is it possible that guy with 35 strg, and one-hand 80q, can hit me to HalfPlate (q 80) for 20-28 slashing ??? I have two handed sword, which need more strg, (i use 50+ strg) a which was nerfed by last patch (slowed) give a hits for 20-30 too ? Of course, somettimes i can hit for 40-50 but its only special attacks or head. But one handed can hit me to head also about 35.

I think its really sucks, cuz why anybody should use Two Hand swords, thn one hand sword have same hits ???

Why shouldnt be one handed nerfed in dmg or give a two hands bigger dmg ??? I really dont understand why in this game, have one hand swords same damage as two handed swords

Thank you

Thehelleri0

Re: One-hand vs Two-Hand

Post by Thehelleri0 » 09 Jul 2017, 10:23

They actually got it completely backwards in regards to that. It takes a lot more agility and stamina to effectively use a single handed blade than it does to use a two handed blade.

But they have for all their effort fallen into the old video game trope regarding what weapons are like. And I fear there is no recovering from how far gone it is. So the best we can hope for re-balancing by the numbers where needed.

The problem is every time you "fix" something like this. It tends to create a new issue somewhere else in the system. When you start from a place of having stats matter at all (as apposed to things that really matter like reach advantage and level of actual skill of the user) It's unfortunately inevitable.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 11 Jul 2017, 08:35

Sainse1 wrote:Why shouldnt be one handed nerfed in dmg or give a two hands bigger dmg ??? I really dont understand why in this game, have one hand swords same damage as two handed swords

Because both one and two hand should have the same dmg, difference is in reach, not dmg.
Anyway, weapon ballancing is totaly fucked up and it seems to get even worse with every patch. Try to compare knight sword with gross messer and you will see how useless one hand is at the moment. If they didnt change it with the last mmo patch, boar spear is the only weapon of choice, while everything else is more or less useless.

Devs should get rid of all the differences in weapon and armor stats and make them nearly the same. Let Players choose a style not the best weapon stats whise. They already showed many times that they are unable to ballance weapons and armors at all.

Sainse1

Post by Sainse1 » 11 Jul 2017, 17:20

Well, that "range" of the weapon is useless, cuz everybody know how this hits working. Sometimes you can hit with 2h from few step from opponents, and sometimes you can hit with 1h opponent who is a few meters from u, lul.

But, its logic and normal, that 2h weapons which needs more strg, gives better dmg, than 1h.

Actually , now in the Life is Feudal is good only 1h swords or spears. Anything else (expect rangers) is useless, cuz of unbalance.

I think, after that years it is time for repair.

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 19 Aug 2017, 14:43

I'm asking about one handed spear+shield vs two handed spears, i discover attack with two handed spear is much slower than an attack with a spear+shield wich is much faster and more efficient in combat.

It's not normal because the spear has the same weight one handed or two handed, it should have the same attack speed.
In addition a two handed spear must have a little more damage bonus versus a one handed spear who should not have the same force and benefit a defence bonus with the shield.

Then it can give the choice to use double handed spear to go full damage or a spear+shield to get more defence but less deadly.

Return to Feedback Section