CBT5 wipe includes characters?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Herbey
Zealous Believer

CBT5 wipe includes characters?

Post by Herbey » 19 Aug 2017, 13:58

sorry, I don't know how it works; does the last wipe includes characters? Should I play or wait for the OBT?
I wouldn't want to spend few weeks just to find out that I have to start all over again. Buildings wipe and such, no problem, it's practicing. Leveling up however, wow, wouldn't want to go through that all over again.
please let us know.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Re: CBT5 wipe includes characters?

Post by Jakeman » 19 Aug 2017, 14:24

yes your characters will be wiped. it would suck pretty hard for new players coming in if CBT characters were not wiped/i dont know how much experience u have with LIF but if your new to the game the cbt could be a good time to learn stuff/dick around/join a guild/figure out where your ganna be building on the map

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 19 Aug 2017, 15:00

Total wipe?
meaning you have to create the character again and give it a name hoping that no-one bits us to it?
I thought since we paid for it so it's ours.
as for new players, well, we are in trouble, since hopefully there will be a lot of them in the years to come we will have to wipe our characters every month to give everybody a fair chance.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 19 Aug 2017, 15:19

Goodwillhunter wrote:Total wipe?
meaning you have to create the character again and give it a name hoping that no-one bits us to it?
I thought since we paid for it so it's ours.
as for new players, well, we are in trouble, since hopefully there will be a lot of them in the years to come we will have to wipe our characters every month to give everybody a fair chance.

total wipe and u should only be competeing with others who have the 24h early access start u get from the gold founder pack. just looked at the founder packs again says u get 72h for name reservation

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 19 Aug 2017, 16:53

just lost appetite to play... No worries, just need a break, too much of a shocker. It is what it is, I'm all in for the OBT ;)

OK, one more thing, what about the Guilds registered on the LiF page?
do I have to register it again? They must be wiped as well in case the Master cannot get his name. How is it going to be done?

Herbey
Zealous Believer

Post by Herbey » 19 Aug 2017, 17:14

thanks, good to know.
what was all that talk about aliment points? why would anybody worry about it now? don't see the logic behind it.
I thought keeping the skills was the Devs way of rewording players for dealing with unfinished game.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 19 Aug 2017, 17:42

Goodwillhunter wrote:just lost appetite to play... No worries, just need a break, too much of a shocker. It is what it is, I'm all in for the OBT ;)

OK, one more thing, what about the Guilds registered on the LiF page?
do I have to register it again? They must be wiped as well in case the Master cannot get his name. How is it going to be done?

i would imagine guilds get wiped to not sure :cry:

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 19 Aug 2017, 17:44

Herbey wrote:thanks, good to know.
what was all that talk about aliment points? why would anybody worry about it now? don't see the logic behind it.
I thought keeping the skills was the Devs way of rewording players for dealing with unfinished game.

yea with a full wipe theres no reason to care about alignment points/imagine if CBT characters didnt get wiped and kept all their skills into OBT there would be castles/fully armored players in 1-2 days and those players would have nothing to do but kill new players who have no skills lvled up

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 19 Aug 2017, 18:18

Our characters are beta test characters, so it's normal that everybody restart from 0 at the next stable wave without wipe. Kingdoms take time to build. I know it can be annoying to lost all this grinding, but it's part of the deal of beta tester. For me this time is not lost from the moment when you had the occasion to get familiar with MMO skill progression setup, craft and profession.

It can be done simply by reset to zero stats and skill without deleting characters.

But to avoid some kind of troll taking your name before you just to piss of a guild member, they should give us choice to select your main character among the dozen you have maybe created on the CBT, in the limitation your believer pack allow you, of course.

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 19 Aug 2017, 22:46

But to avoid some kind of troll taking your name before you just to piss of a guild member, they should give us choice to select your main character among the dozen you have maybe created on the CBT, in the limitation your believer pack allow you, of course.

Actually, if we are wiping, let's wipe. I would want to have a chance to get a name that wasn't available when I was creating my character. Not to piss anybody off, I simply like the name.

Come to think about it, we should be able to choose overlapping names anyway. I know this is done with the intention to ID players but this could be done by other means. Let say adding a code to the name. (like discord). Or simply make it that the full name should not double.
many of the players made friends and are known by one name in other games so it's kind of a bummer if you have to give it up for LiF

and by the way, I got over the "wipe it all" shocking news.
back on the horse again.
Enjoy the game Everyone.

Return to Newcomer Section