Any chance for fountains to get fixed?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Aendiin

Any chance for fountains to get fixed?

Post by Aendiin » 14 Jan 2017, 16:24

Noticed that for a long while now that the water animation that fountains use is broken and static rather than being a flowing motion.
It used to be perfect and flowed nicely, as shown here:
https://youtu.be/Ssr_4410djI?t=97

However for almost a year now the fountain has remain broken and instead of having a flowing water animation it is static as shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBe6EMMkBYI

..Is there any chance that the fountains' animation could be fixed? Hate to think a grandmaster architect gets the shaft for their 100 skill perk.

Aendiin

Re: Any chance for fountains to get fixed?

Post by Aendiin » 20 Aug 2017, 02:55

Bumping ... Been half a year.. Hope this gets resolved. It's such a minor thing but I've noticed it has killed players' interests in playing. The mentality is usually 'Why bother setting up great cities if the animations are broken.'

I love the game and only wish for it to prosper.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Aug 2017, 17:52

Aendiin wrote:Bumping ... Been half a year.. Hope this gets resolved. It's such a minor thing but I've noticed it has killed players' interests in playing. The mentality is usually 'Why bother setting up great cities if the animations are broken.'

Few will be setting up great cities when the MMO goes live for quite some time, just because of all the grinding that will need to take place to get there. Regardless - players who lose interest on this when there are so many other more important things to work on are - a bit needy.

Yes, fixing it would be great, but it's low on my priority list.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 20 Aug 2017, 23:34

Aendiin wrote:Bumping ... Been half a year.. Hope this gets resolved. It's such a minor thing but I've noticed it has killed players' interests in playing. The mentality is usually 'Why bother setting up great cities if the animations are broken.'

players are loseing interest over buggy water fountains? L O freaking L bro.

Aendiin

Post by Aendiin » 24 Aug 2017, 10:57

Jakeman wrote:

players are loseing interest over buggy water fountains? L O freaking L bro.

Ive seen a few different types of players who flock to LiF:YO -- PvPers looking for a Mount&Blade-esque style of combat with base building and those that use it as a glorified minecraft.

Those that are the latter I've noticed almost always use a fountain somewhere in their 'masterpieces' and then get upset when the water is just frozen.. especially when it was working then they borked it.

Granted I'm with Azzer and it's low on my priority list as there's so much else to do for that extra flair than the fountain and even then I build my bases for practicality / sieges rather than prettiness.. just thought I'd bring it up since the playerbase is already small figured a quick fix to this might help keep it alive a little longer. Every person helps ./shrug

Return to Feedback Section