How does Trade Post work?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

How does Trade Post work?

Post by Forresthunt » 28 Aug 2017, 04:39

Sorry, never had a chance to build one and don't have the money to test buy anything via the LiF page.

how does Trade Post work?
Why can I not interact with it when in game?
Do I have to ask owner permission to put my goods on sale?

Nymity
Zealous Believer

Re: How does Trade Post work?

Post by Nymity » 28 Aug 2017, 04:42

If you are in the MMO and trying to interact with the Trading Post on another claim, then yes, you need permission to do that.

Also, I'm not certain you can put your goods up for sale from someone else's Trading Post as they would be able to deny you access at any time. To sell, you need one on your own claim.

xoxo
Patience Gadabout
(of the sisters Gadabout: Patience, Atsuko and Jax)

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 28 Aug 2017, 06:05

Also, I'm not certain you can put your goods up for sale from someone else's Trading Post as they would be able to deny you access at any time. To sell, you need one on your own claim.

Not much of a Trade Post now, is it?

are there plans to fix that?
Trade Post owner should be able set transaction taxes for individual players who asked to use the Post. That way the building would be profitable for the owner and all the local peasants, like myself, would come to trade.
win, win situation and the game is on the roll.
After all that's how Trade Posts work.

Nymity
Zealous Believer

Post by Nymity » 28 Aug 2017, 10:07

The trading post itself has fees per transaction and daily fees for over weight storage fees.

The trading post owner also has to give access to the people coming to buy the goods (I'm not sure if this part is permanent). Which means they would be denying sales to anyone they are at war with, and would have to consider each neutral buyer. This isn't something I'd want to have to manage for a bunch of peasants. Since there would also be some managing of individual guild members going on. =)

You are able to search what's available for sale through your dashboard. This gives you access to ALL the trading posts sales.

You have to travel to, and get access to, each trading post you want to do business with. This is to promote travel and interaction.

If you want to sell .. you need your own trading post. You can negotiate to purchase foundation placement services through the discord trade channel. I've placed a few for smaller bases that didn't have anyone with access to architecture.

xoxo

**Login to lifeisfeudal.com (top right) and then you can see the things your character has access to.**
Patience Gadabout

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 29 Aug 2017, 08:35

Thanks a lot, good info

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 29 Aug 2017, 14:14

So, if I have a trading post on my claim, and I have others that live nearby like small groups and individuals (personal claims on our realm claim) will they have access to trade at the trading post, or can I give them permissions to do so?

Nymity
Zealous Believer

Post by Nymity » 29 Aug 2017, 17:49

You will have to give them access.

This access was still a bit buggy the last I heard though .. as in, you give them access to the Trading Post and they can also open your Gates. So test with friends. :friends:

Also, I don't think they can sell through your Trading Post, only buy.

xoxo
Patience Gadabout

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 30 Aug 2017, 00:14

Getting the owner permission to trade is a must, I agree.
I just hope they fix it so a peasant can go to ask about access to it.
Accordingly to the deal both sides agree on, one would have to pay transaction tax.
Settings just like for Personal Claims, standard options for all, groups or player name input.
All transactions being done in game from inside Trade Post

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Aug 2017, 00:37

There is all kinds of work that needs to be done. As an example, I might have 3 trading posts built.

1) The TP that only my guild has access to.
2) The TP my alliance might have access to.
3) The TP everyone has access to.

Currently you can only set permissions based on your town claim and your realm claim, so you could conceivably make this work. However, you also open up the TP outside your realm claim to damage from wandering players or just decay. You could drop a personal claim for it, but then you have to manually set permissions.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 30 Aug 2017, 09:20

1) The TP that only my guild has access to.
2) The TP my alliance might have access to.
3) The TP everyone has access to.

wow! tell me which server you are on when the OBT starts and you will have a customer.
We will cherish your name in our village :)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Aug 2017, 15:01

We will be on the NA server. Our new location is being kept close to the vest. ;)

Playing around with this more last night, I discovered that the items/coinage in a TP is tied to the account, so it is a secure way of transferring items between characters, regardless of guild affiliation. All they need is access.

The downside is that players can store their gear there as well, which contributes to the weight of the TP. This raises an issue with players storing things on the TP, then quitting the game. Since there is no monthly charge to play, those items will stay in perpetuity, which will have a significant cost to the TP.

Before we go live - guild leaders MUST be able to pull items that are in storage at a TP. That or some other mechanism needs to be in place to deal with this.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 30 Aug 2017, 23:43

We will be on the NA server. Our new location is being kept close to the vest. ;)

Playing around with this more last night, I discovered that the items/coinage in a TP is tied to the account, so it is a secure way of transferring items between characters, regardless of guild affiliation. All they need is access.

The downside is that players can store their gear there as well, which contributes to the weight of the TP. This raises an issue with players storing things on the TP, then quitting the game. Since there is no monthly charge to play, those items will stay in perpetuity, which will have a significant cost to the TP.

Thank you, great info. NA server you say... hummm, we haven't decided yet.

You are right; storing things in the Trade Post it's going to be a very big problem as game goes on and people quit.

I would suggest two things:

1. Items inputed to Trade Post cannot be taken back unless bought (transaction fee always active)

2. All items in Trade Post looses value with time.

I'm guessing, right now, I can input items and set ridiculously high price on it so nobody would buy it. That way the item is "safe" for as long as I decide to keep it there.
That would change if I would have to buy it back and pay hefty transaction fee.

Second point is implemented for items that are abandoned or forgotten.
As time goes the set price would slowly go down till it becomes attractive enough for someone to buy it.

Well, that's just from top of my head, I'm sure you guys can think of other solutions.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 31 Aug 2017, 15:38

Azzerhoden wrote:The downside is that players can store their gear there as well, which contributes to the weight of the TP.

The weight of the trading post?

I haven't messed with TP's yet...what is this about the weight of the trading post?

Nymity
Zealous Believer

Post by Nymity » 31 Aug 2017, 16:33

The TP holds items up to 100 stone in weight at no charge.

If the total objects on sale exceeds 100 stone, then a daily overage charge is incurred.

You can deposit money to cover those fees. My assumption is that if the fees are not paid, stuff is ejected from the sales list.

I hadn't realized that the 100 stone was for the whole building (that seems small) I had assumed, since you could set individual sales, that the individual was responsible for their own weight overage charges.

Or, as Azzerhoden has indicated, an individual account, since they have access.

That means, 1 cow for sale and your building is full? I think that's a little tight. And if no fees are paid, whose items are ejected?

Although if it is not managed by the individual, I agree that the leader should be able to go in and make adjustments or removals.

xoxo
Patience Gadabout

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 01 Sep 2017, 02:00

I really like the idea of Trade Post, but clearly the logistics are not holding up at the moment.
If they want us to interact and use it the system need to be work out.
Are Devs. aware of the problem?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 01 Sep 2017, 13:04

Jaxwyn wrote:If the total objects on sale exceeds 100 stone, then a daily overage charge is incurred.

It appeared to me that it isn't just the items on sale. The weight counter went up even when I just put things in the storage window. Sp using it as storage would also 'cost'.

Matheryn
Zealous Believer

Post by Matheryn » 12 Nov 2017, 10:00

so if ive read this right the trading post works simular to the way the vendor contracts did in Ultima Online which sounds fantastic as I used to love going from place to place viewing all the vendors and from what ive gathered the person whos claim the trading posts are on would initially give permissions with the 00000 permissions command assuming one of the 0's is for trading post interaction

Return to Newcomer Section