Ravens

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Ravens

Post by Bubba » 25 Aug 2017, 15:02

after launch, it would be cool to be able to craft Raven Coops that allow people to send messages between claims, in game, without using global or whispers.

You breed ravens and when released anywhere on the map they fly back to the coop in which they were bred.

You can exchange them with other claim holders keeping them in the other claim's coops until needed.

Messages would take between 5 and 20 minutes depending on distance and could hold up to 255 characters.

People would occasionally have to replenish there stock of other's ravens.

i think this would add an element not seen in any other game that would add a lot of potential for RP, immersion, and fun gameplay.
My Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon 4.0 GHz
Cooling: CORSAIR H100i Water Cooling
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
MOBO: MSI Z97-Gaming 7
RAM: 24GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz
GPU: 2xGigabyte 1080GTX 8GB
Disk 1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD (system disk)
Disk 2: 2xWD 2TB HDD RAID 0 (data disk)
Screen: 27" Asus Monitor

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Re: Ravens

Post by Nomeatloaf » 25 Aug 2017, 16:50

The RPer in me agrees wholeheartedly. the Pvper in me laughs at the idea. the realist in me says that if you truly used them for anything except peaceful RP scenarios, they would take too long to get there.
Take a defense request. if you were under attack, and requesting assistance from your allies, and you sent a raven, it might take 5-15 minutes. however, if you sent a steam message, it would be instantly.
i think its a cool addition, but it would have to be a much lower priority implementation.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 Aug 2017, 17:07

No. Not in favor of this at all. Easy to abuse the mechanic by flooding people with 'ravens' when they are in the middle of a fight.

Steam and Discord provide instant messages. No need for spending time building something that already exists out of game.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 25 Aug 2017, 17:15

Azzerhoden wrote:No. Not in favor of this at all. Easy to abuse the mechanic by flooding people with 'ravens' when they are in the middle of a fight.

Steam and Discord provide instant messages. No need for spending time building something that already exists out of game.

In my example, you can only send ravens to locations you have been given ravens to.

Enemies would not have your ravens, and you would have a limited number of ravens from any particular locations.

is there a global chat in the MMO?
My Rig:

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 25 Aug 2017, 18:00

Azzerhoden wrote:No. Not in favor of this at all. Easy to abuse the mechanic by flooding people with 'ravens' when they are in the middle of a fight.

i was thinking sending ravens to a specific building, like you could only send a raven to another guild with a raven "Coop" sort of like carrier pigeons, so it wouldn't be able to spam.

And no, there is will be no global chat
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 Aug 2017, 19:40

Nomeatloaf wrote:
i was thinking sending ravens to a specific building, like you could only send a raven to another guild with a raven "Coop" sort of like carrier pigeons, so it wouldn't be able to spam.

Ahh, that would be interesting then. I'd be in favor of that after launch. Thank you for the additional details.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Nymity
Zealous Believer

Post by Nymity » 25 Aug 2017, 19:51

I think it sounds wonderful as an addition after launch too.

Would be nice to find a mail raven waiting on log-in =)

xoxo
Patience Gadabout
(of the sisters Gadabout: Patience, Atsuko and Jax)

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 25 Aug 2017, 20:58

Nomeatloaf wrote:

that's exactly what i meant, lol.
My Rig:

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 25 Aug 2017, 22:37

Bubba wrote:
Nomeatloaf wrote:

that's exactly what i meant, lol.

I gotchu bro =)

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 08 Sep 2017, 23:57

I agree, we need option to send messages/proposals to chosen Guilds. Guess pigeons would do the job.
Besides they are already in game with all the mechanics just add to traps random for rabbit, chicken, pigeon.
90+ on Animal Lore or Authority to use them.

also, it would be great to have option to modify the Guild Territorial message.
or, better yet. Let us write limited words on already existing in game city/road sings.
enough for Guild name or "welcome" or "stay out" or "open for trade"

Paparia
Beta Tester

Post by Paparia » 09 Sep 2017, 02:17

so you are telling me i need to take care and breed more animals cos you like GOT and you want to rp

no no no no no no send a peasant to carry the messege stay away of my coops bad kidz :evil:

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 09 Sep 2017, 16:22

Paparia wrote:so you are telling me i need to take care and breed more animals cos you like GOT and you want to rp

no no no no no no send a peasant to carry the messege stay away of my coops bad kidz :evil:

1. there is no in-game mail system; this was an idea of how to impliment one so people could be contacted when offline OR to be used for RP.

2. unless you choose chicken breeding of your 400 skill points, no - you wont have to take care of ravens.

3. it doesnt have to be ravens, it could be pigeons, doves, ninja cats, etc...

4. yes, i like Game of Thrones.
My Rig:

Return to Suggestions and Ideas