MMO Questions

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Ves

MMO Questions

Post by Ves » 12 Sep 2017, 16:23

Just a few questions before I buy into the beta

1. Is the beta server up right now and if so for how long?

2. Is the MMO full loot/PvP anywhere at anytime like a normal sandbox?

KPEBETKA
True Believer

Re: MMO Questions

Post by KPEBETKA » 12 Sep 2017, 17:16

full loot/PvP anywhere at anytime, but only with defeated enemies

BiGEdge
True Believer

Post by BiGEdge » 13 Sep 2017, 00:11

First Question:

Right now CBT#5 is running.
You need a valid Package to get your created Char to the mainworld Abella by signing in at the faryman in the Startzone.

Right now and until the EA starts in some weeks you still need one of the packages here and youll buy a valid ticket (Charslot to mainworld)

http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=buypack

Adter that you just need the YO what includes a valid ticket when the EA gets started.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080/Life_is_Feudal_Your_Own/

CBT is the Testing phase thats running right now and you need min a Package.
EA is the Phase that starts after this one in some weeks and you need min YO
After another ~2-3 Month everyone is able to go to the Starterworlds dosnt matter if you have bought the game or own a Ticket, but to talk to the Faryman that will send you to Abelle its required to have a Ticket.

Second Question:

Youre able to loot every other Player youve killed as long as he is not on a Claim. A Claim is a Zone that where you cannot loot, or destroy anything until you have War against this claim or it is your claim.
This System might change in the future to prevent RDM.

You got a Alignmentsystem that can prevent RDM and random PVP.
You need to pray every day up to 5 days a reallife day and rise your Alignment a bit (between 0.3 and 1 Alignment)
Your Alignment can rise up to 1000 and down to -1000
Every time you kill, injure or knock down an other player your alignment will drop for about 3-8 points.
If it drops lower than -50 its no turning back for your character and he will be permanently marked as a criminal.
The lower your Alignment the more Skillpoints you will loose when you die.

So Yes you can loot but not at all cirkumstances.
And You will get a bad punishement if youre playing a criminal or harm any other player.

Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Post by Grimmblut » 13 Sep 2017, 03:55

@BigEdge
Maybe you should ask players who actually have done PVP before you give wrong answers to newbie questions regarding PVP.

BiGEdge wrote:Youre able to loot every other Player youve killed as long as he is not on a Claim.

If you've killed a player, you (and others) will be able to loot his corpse, no matter if the corpse is on a claim or not.

BiGEdge wrote:A Claim is a Zone that where you cannot loot, or destroy anything until you have War against this claim or it is your claim.

You can kill and loot players and horses on claims, no matter if your tribe is at war with them or not. You can destroy siege equipment (trebuchets) on foreign claims. You can't loot, manage or destroy containers and buildings on foreign claims unless during special events. In earlier stages of the game such an event was the "judgement hour", a set timespan on a set date. The MMO is currently in transition to a different system which is not finished yet. It's safe to say that at the moment items and animals stashed away in buildings or containers are safe on claims and that buildings can only be used by tribe members as long as those buildings are on the claim of the tribe. It will be possible in the future for tribes that are at war with each other to access buildings/containers on enemy claims, but only under certain circumstances that are not implemented yet and that may be subject to change. The developers have made clear that they want to make sure that it's neither easy nor quickly to achieve to be able to loot foreign claims.

BiGEdge wrote:You got a Alignmentsystem that can prevent RDM and random PVP.

The alignment system most certainly does not prevent random PVP or RDM. You can ALWAYS be killed by ANYONE. The wiki explains the alignment system quite well: https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Alignment

BiGEdge
True Believer

Post by BiGEdge » 13 Sep 2017, 22:02

Many thanks Grimmblut for turning it right.

Mistakes happen all the time in LiF and its such a huge game, that you cannot know everything in exect detail.

Because of that we are a community and can discuss about it.
Thats what i like the most about this game... No trolls
Exept the guys hoo, i really dunno why, always talk about Camels xD

Best Regards and i hope you will have lots of fun with LiF

Uno

Post by Uno » 15 Sep 2017, 15:06

Last I knew you were able to loot without killing characters, as long as they surrendered.

Seanisreallycool
Devoted Believer

Post by Seanisreallycool » 15 Sep 2017, 18:53

hey guys very new to mmo, not vteran to LIF YO but have put in as much I can on aussie servers, just a quick question have looked around but cant find answer so I write it myself, trying to connect to mmo servers, ive downloaded client a few weeks ago updated and watnot logged in through steam I have bought the silver mmo package and Your Own, ive picked the server which there is only one and made character, now ive loaded the server then ( 2 weeks ago) and now for atleast 2 hours ive been stuck on initializing, any idea why?

Return to General Discussion