open beta and Wipe?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Angelus.listrell

open beta and Wipe?

Post by Angelus.listrell » 17 Sep 2017, 13:33

Greetings all

I have had my eyes on this game for awhile and have now seen on a couple of places that, When open beta starts there will be now more wipes and you get to keep you char and progress even after full release. So is that true? and if so, when do the open beta start?

Arrakis

Re: open beta and Wipe?

Post by Arrakis » 17 Sep 2017, 16:42

All the info is here: http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/topic24083/

The only wipe will happen after CBT is over.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 17 Sep 2017, 20:39

Arrakis - curious if you have any inkling on what the new timeline is, since it *appears* we won't be keeping the one in that timeline image.

I could be wrong, but that was posted Aug 18 and we're 4 weeks past that with NA not being available, instanced battles still being worked out, etc...

Obviously it takes time and it needs to be working or the launch will go poorly, but just curious if there was going to be an update on expected timeline.

Angelus.listrell

Post by Angelus.listrell » 17 Sep 2017, 21:43

So you are saying that we can expect 2-3 months more before open beta?

Angelus.listrell

Post by Angelus.listrell » 17 Sep 2017, 21:48

And you say the only wipe that will happen is when CBT is over. But the steam early access that is supposed to be 2-3 months running after that? what is that then. Do the people on steam get 2-3 months ahead and then the open beta comes and other can join in? and play a few months until the full release. Or which phase here is off?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Sep 2017, 21:49

Angelus.listrell wrote:So you are saying that we can expect 2-3 months more before open beta?

Yup. But if you own Life is Feudal: Your Own, you'll be able to join during Early Access.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 17 Sep 2017, 22:13

Right now is CLOSED BETA.
Soon it will end (how soon is TBD).

When CLOSED BETA ends, the servers will wipe for the LAST TIME.

Then EARLY ACCESS will start and everyone from closed beta and everyone who owns LIFE IS FEUDAL YOUR OWN can play in the EARLY ACCESS. If you buy LIF YO during the early access phase I suppose you also get access to the MMO.

After that is opens to everyone.

Angelus.listrell

Post by Angelus.listrell » 17 Sep 2017, 22:37

why would you buy true believer or zealous believer packs, for like 60-90 euros if that would mean that i would have to wait like 2-3 months longer then the ones who buy the other game, : Your own. for like 30 euros and get to play right away at early access. That doesnt really make sense to me. But wanted to verify that i understand correctly since it sounds really illogical to me.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 17 Sep 2017, 22:51

The believer packs were to get into CLOSED BETA phases, which have been going on for awhile now but are almost over.

I would not personally suggest buying a believer pack right now except for if you like the perks. Closed beta will end soon and Early access will start and then everyone with YO can get in.

Angelus.listrell

Post by Angelus.listrell » 17 Sep 2017, 22:55

And i asked Saxxon about this, He is answering question as a developer for :Your own on steam and The mmo.

He said this

Owners of Life is Feudal:Your Own, people that previously bought packages and people who buy Life is Feudal: MMO when it enters early access
will be able to play very soon. Life is Feudal: MMO is buy to play.
Yes, we will have an open beta and it will allow anyone to download and play MMO on the starter islands free.
To gain access to the main MMO gameworld will require purchase of the MMO.

So if we read what he writes it seems that you will get to play early access of you buy the packages or life is feudal Mmo aswell?

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 18 Sep 2017, 01:10

Yes.

The believer packs gave access to the Closed Beta, but also granted a "ticket" for one character to play the game come Early Access.

Owning LIF Your Own does not give access to the Closed Beta, but grants a "ticket" for one character to play the game in Early Access.

Since Closed Beta is almost over, the packs are kinda pointless unless you want the perks that come from them.

People that bought LIF Your Own *AND* a believer pack were granted 2 tickets for characters to play the game in Early Access (and beyond)

** EARLY ACCESS IS SOFT LAUNCH **
If that helps it make sense. They will not wipe after that.

Also, the tickets are how your character gets from the starter island to the main game. You can TRY the game on the newbie island but cant do much and you're not part of the overall MMO world until you use your ticket to "sail" to the mainland.

Angelus.listrell

Post by Angelus.listrell » 18 Sep 2017, 10:32

So if i buy a pack. I will get early access that should start very soon. and the tickets to the main island. Since the other guy said that i had to buy :Your own to get early access and the packs only gave access to the open beta?

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 18 Sep 2017, 12:36

Take a look at the packs - http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=buypack

They say "1 Ticket to the mainland", that means you get to take one character into the main game world. Additional character slots might be able to be purchased from the shop later on...not sure yet.

So yes, if you buy a pack you will be buying access to the MMO - closed beta, early access, open beta, release (1 character slot)

If you buy LIF YO you are buying access to the MMO as well - just without access to closed beta, and without the perks listed on that site I linked above - only difference. Closed beta is almost over, just something to remember.

Packs are as low as $50 USD, YO is $40 USD right now, so its up to you. If you can find a sale on YO that might be a better deal, but if not and you want the perks that come with the packs, those might be better for you.

Angelus.listrell

Post by Angelus.listrell » 18 Sep 2017, 12:50

Thanks. Sorry for all the repeating. But have heard so much disinformation, So needed to verify it.
But truly thanks. And i will prob go with a pack. since you get some favor and premium in it. Do you have any idea what those two entail by the way?

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 18 Sep 2017, 20:31

Favor I think is the currency for the game store?
That's my guess.

As for the premium account for a month or whatever I have no clue....that's a question for Arrakis.

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 19 Sep 2017, 04:49

What makes it confusing is the liberal use of benchmarks that mean something to developers, but mean very little to the players. Plus, the disconnect between an evolving development process and the information presented. So let's clear it up.

On the LIFMMO Packages you have a series of benefits.

When the development team is happy with the results of CBT5 (closed beta testing version 5), it will be closed and the game world will be wiped. This is the last time they are planning to wipe the game world.

This starts Early Access, which is estimated to last until they feel it is good enough to go to open beta. They will likely use this time to fix minor technical issues and rebalances, make a little more published for the nontest-tolerant public. The benefits of starting stage are that you get to build and effect the earth before the general public even gets a chance to play! However, expect there to be a little heartache with investment vs rebalancing.

=========================================
Package Perks: http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=features

**If you own LIFYO, you get a discount on packages AND you get one character ticket to the MMO in Early Access Stage.**

The Rest of These are Pack Specific Perks.

The first perk is "Early Access to Open Beta". This is actually out of date, by what I understand. What it actually means is "Early Access to Early Access". This means when CBT5 ends, they will stagger the flood of people into the MMO by having multiple "launch times". The more expensive your package, the earlier your launch time is. IF you have a LIFYO ticket, your launch time is the actual launch time of early access and not earlier.

Example: Early Access officially opens at 10PM on Saturday for everyone, while Zealous (gold) pack purchases can get in at 10PM on Friday. ((These times are made up))

Character Tickets are used to travel from the "Newbie World" which is essentially a testing ground with very little persistence, to the "Main World" which is where the MMO is actually hosted. To transfer a character, you will need to spend a ticket. LIFYO gets 1 Ticket, Bronze gets 1 Ticket, Silver gets 2 Tickets, and Gold get's 3 Tickets. This means you can have 1, 2, 3, or 4 characters in the main world depending on what combination of tickets you currently have purchased. I believe they intend in the future to make ticket purchasing a little more straightforward.

Gods Favor is currency you can use out of game, to buy aesthetic stuff for your character. They're stated goal is you will be able to use real world money to buy things that make you look cool.. but will not have a significant effect on your gameplay. No Pay to Win.

Reserving your character name early is self explanatory, especially if you have an extremely common name. Historically you can have the same last name, but first names are unique.

Premium Account Status as to my understanding has not been explained, I think they're still working on what exactly that means.

Newbie Tool Sets are a set of tools with higher durability than normal that makes starting out slightly less painful. They cannot be dropped on death.

Digital Copy to LIFYO, Robe, and Forum Tag Color are gold pack bonuses. Pretty self explanatory.

Return to Newcomer Section