MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Prexstore
True Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Prexstore » 07 Sep 2017, 12:33

673.This question about 1st tier guild claims. After wipe I`m going to buy 10 characters, build my own guild claim and craft some stuff to barter - something between hermit and merchant.
So I want to clarify one moment about 1st tier claims: as I understood, you are planning to make them 100% safe and unraidable. If another guild declares war on my guild all they can do - destroy everything on realm claim, but capital zone will be protected+they cant create instance battle against me. It seems logical, because its impossible to build any normal settlement on 1T capital zone. Also, this is MMO for a different type of players, and a lot of them prefer peacefull crafting and communicating with other people instead of killing them. Or am I wrong and this is Rust v2.0 when everyone can be raided? Please, tell me.

And in case of I`m wrong, there is another question:

674. Its just the matter of time when bandits starts massive raids on players like me. I`m definetly not good in PvP and the only way I can protect my settlement from raiding is
mercenaries. The only thing I can offer to community which can give me 10-15-20 soldiers to fight on my side is real life money. Just have no idea what else alone player can offer to big guild. But will it be legal?

REATKOM
True Believer

Post by REATKOM » 10 Sep 2017, 09:51

675. It's not a secret that the key to a successful number of players depends on the entry-threshold for beginners. If the game at the beginning pushes the player away, he can remove it and not return, especially for games such as LIF "for a particular circle of people", and online - one of the most important rods of playability. And so I have a simple question: do you have plans before the game is out on the Steam (the most important stage for our game ) to make the interface more friendly for beginners. For example, at some failure (wrong resource for the feed of the monument, the not-so-drawn grid of the clime and many other actions) lead to the playback of the "sound of failure" and the lack of a result to be achieved, why not to bring out the cause of the failure and its possible solution in the notification?
I am also intrested why the "craft" action takes place first (calling the battle near the monument, drawing the clime's cells and others), and failure occurred after. Why you can not immediately tell what's wrong and do not waste time of players for waiting to "empty craft"?

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 17 Sep 2017, 13:32

676. Since the last patch 9.15.1 all trees are taller and for my personnal opinion don't look very well and this make forest rendering a bit ugly or odd. The game's world looked much better before that.
Can you explain the technical justifications for this change ? because i don't find any good reason.

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 21 Sep 2017, 01:54

677. What guidance and enforcement does the Staff have in store for any exploitation issues come Early Access plus? I personally dislike exploits, but I also understand that playerbases follow the path of least resistance. To fight against that is noble, but also generally a severe handicap. Are there any plans to referee this, or is it in the "use it until we fix it" territory?

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 22 Sep 2017, 08:20

678. Do you plan in the future to improve the stone walls like you did for the castle walls ? Specially the diagnol stone wall where u can jump between the crenels

679. Are you gonna re work the maintenance system ? I think it's very good idea but it should be reworked from the beginning. Currently (for example) you making few smelting sessions, and your bloomery is dead. It takes soooo fast to break every buildings, even with a Q90 ... It's not logic. I understand the fact you want to complicate the game, but you should slow down about the degradation.

Another fact, have you ever seen a stone tower fixed with leather ? Nooooo ^^ Why don't you implemant a realistic maintenance system which needs the materials you took to build it ?

Broken wall : stone, clay to fix it
Broken blacksmithshop : shaped rock, leather, anvil ... ?
House/shops : door, window, tiles ?

It would be really more realistic and would add more gameplay

680. improve the chance to have blue prints. It's understanble that you want to rarefy the armors, but it's not fair/realistic to lose your blueprints every single time ... And you should improve the chane to have them

681. dropping max system instead of you cannot put more than X materials. Life the herborist garden, you need to split water and the other components.

682. regional components more chance to have them ?

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 22 Sep 2017, 16:15

683. With the Castle Wall and Keep rework, will we be seeing Stone Walls without battlements? Would be nice to have a simple flat stone wall model. =)

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 23 Sep 2017, 01:26

Spoiler

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 26 Sep 2017, 19:06

Spoiler

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 27 Sep 2017, 02:59

Spoiler

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 28 Sep 2017, 07:25

700. Q: - what is the SIZE of defenders battle area, where the tickets will be counted - where houses and keep/tents will give tickets??
in numbers, please !!!
Is it some radius around the guild monyment? or some squer area x*y with center on monument?
clarify this pleaseee !!!!!!!!
numbers "about 120-160"- is not a clear answer ... we dont understatn it was counted with large storehouse+large stables+all set of workshops+walls on it? or only keeps+houses standing wall-to-wall :shock: :shock: :shock:
it is super-importatnt for base planing and building. and no clear answer in Q&A session.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 30 Sep 2017, 10:29

701. Historically, servers have been "locked" when they reach a certain number of players. If players are pulled into an instanced siege from that tile, should the cap go above the "locked" limitations during battle, will they be able to return to the real world?

Example: 200 Players are in Server 30. 140 Players are pulled from Server 30 into an Instanced Siege Server. Three hours later 160 Players are in Server 30 and the siege ends. Which leaves 300 players trying to occupy a server with a 200 player limitation (in this example).

Is there some sort of "reserved" slots feature? Or not an issue?

702. The system doesn't seem to account for Troll Burning Tickets and Same Team Attacks. In a 70v70 siege, all it takes is one player to work for the other side, and he can burn his entire sides tickets by either attacking his own players, running out to the enemy, or committing suicide over and over. Is there any plans in the work to protect sieges from this extreme metagaming? Like a "kick panel" that can be used by "Battle Commanders".

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 01 Oct 2017, 10:14

703. What's the point to keep a skill like "general activities" ? 100 "useless" points ? Or is there a secret behind this skill ? Could you tell us a little more about the need to level up ?
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 02 Oct 2017, 15:20

704. Currently with how small objects disappear after X amount of distance, structures like keeps and towers give archers a theoretical maximum range that exceeds "travel distance before despawn". Is there any plan to scale arrow/bolt distance (including volley) to the actual travel distance before it disappears or preferably increase the distance these objects travel before disappearing?

Completely understand it's a low priority adjustment if any, just curious if there where any plans for it (within the MMO or YO)?

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 10 Oct 2017, 15:43

705. We all know that u have to plan a modular building system with wood, plaster, bricks walls ... Will be like medieval engineers ? You build your house like you want, or the skin of the buildings gonna change ?

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 21 Oct 2017, 20:35

706. Will players be able to download the client prior to November 17th? I (and others with slow connections) would be quite frustrated if we had to spend our early access period downloading the client rather than playing the game.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 28 Oct 2017, 09:08

707,why the NA and EU server couldnt share with the same charators.... i mean just name and skins
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 02 Nov 2017, 16:42

708. Will blood graphics be expanded across all classes? Currently shield users receive a massive visual debuff while other classes get little to no indication of level of health.

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 02 Nov 2017, 18:00

709. Is there a reason bolts where changed to slashing damage from piercing damage? Plate is an obvious meta right now, the only low tier piercing damage available are javelins/spears. A Crossbow obviously has more piercing power than a guy throwing a sharp stick.. doesn't make any sense.

Deathstar
Beta Tester

Post by Deathstar » 03 Nov 2017, 13:56

710. Currently, you can fully destroy a castle gate with drawbridge by only targeting the wooden landing at the end of the bridge even whilst the gate is closed and the bridge raised. Is this intended, or will you consider making the platform impervious to damage?

711. To expand on this, I did some testing with the new castle walls. When using average quality resources, I got about 11.000 durability on an average single wall segment. With trebuchets dealing upwards of 700 damage per shot, fully tearing these walls down is rather easy. Is this to balance the fact that defenders are supposed to sally out and take out trebuchets before they are ever erected?

712. Aside from making them premium purchases, have you got plans to introduce regional variants for buildings, clothing and weapons with bonuses tied to the climate? If there ever is harsher survival system with temperate to consider, should people not wearing appropriate attire not suffer severe penalties? This, besides access to regional resources, could be a good reason to settle in the desert or in the icy mountains up north - Invaders would need to come well prepared.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 03 Nov 2017, 18:33

Deathstar wrote:710. Currently, you can fully destroy a castle gate with drawbridge by only targeting the wooden landing at the end of the bridge even whilst the gate is closed and the bridge raised. Is this intended, or will you consider making the platform impervious to damage?

Answer : Reported as a bug few weeks ago, support closed the bug report as fixed in the next incoming patch :)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

IvanGray

Post by IvanGray » 09 Nov 2017, 11:37

713. In the Q&A yesterday, you mentioned likely removing the ability to steepen terrain with pavement on the MMO, like you had already done with clay and snow. This removes a gigantic amount of things you could do previously with terraforming. I'd ask the dev team to reconsider, as in addition to removing an element of realism, this greatly harms build diversity, wouldn't you think?
Leader of Forsaken

yukky
True Believer

Post by yukky » 19 Nov 2017, 08:00

how I do Voice chat?

Gothic_octopus
Zealous Believer

Post by Gothic_octopus » 03 Dec 2017, 08:19

So about the Icy Hermits, is it possible to grow farms and trees there?

Return to General Discussion