Skill Cap

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Doglawur
Devoted Believer

Skill Cap

Post by Doglawur » 14 Oct 2017, 04:39

Although I plan on joining a guild, (if I continue playing, which is tenuous at best) I'd like not to have to rely on others with crafting items. I didn't realize when I purchased the game that it is impossible to do that in LIFMMO. Why not have a skill cap high enough to cover all crafting? It seems most YO servers have very high skill caps which I think should be a real indication of what players like.

binart

Re: Skill Cap

Post by binart » 14 Oct 2017, 11:39

This game is all about team play, and this is the reason why one player can not master all skills in one character.

Falkvard
Beta Tester

Post by Falkvard » 14 Oct 2017, 18:12

Although I think that increasing skill cap for crafting skills to 500 or 600 would be a good thing. The current 400 cap makes it really difficult even for guilds of 10-15 people. Makes everyone really dependent on each other.
If, say, the only blacksimth from the guild falls ill or goes on a vacation for a week, it leaves the guild with a few options I can think of: a) make a lot of stuff in advance (not possible with all crafts!), if the break is expected, or b) get someone else make a new character with blacksmith skills, which will take a lot of time to grind and the person will not be doing their original job, or c) share your account with other people, which in my opinion will cause much sadness and anger.
As of now, people who actually really ever played on a server with 400 skillcap, be it YO or MMO, when they needed a craft, they simply created a new char. But remember that after release, new char will cost you some money, and skill multiplier should be much slower than is now on mmo.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Oct 2017, 18:18

Falkvard wrote:Although I think that increasing skill cap for crafting skills to 500 or 600 would be a good thing. The current 400 cap makes it really difficult even for guilds of 10-15 people. Makes everyone really dependent on each other.

Exactly what the intention is. It also encourages trade between smaller guilds.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Falkvard
Beta Tester

Post by Falkvard » 14 Oct 2017, 18:58

Azzerhoden wrote:
Falkvard wrote:Although I think that increasing skill cap for crafting skills to 500 or 600 would be a good thing. The current 400 cap makes it really difficult even for guilds of 10-15 people. Makes everyone really dependent on each other.

Exactly what the intention is. It also encourages trade between smaller guilds.

But there is a line where a game that you enjoyed playing becomes a nuisance where you can not do what you want and should do because someone else has not done what they were supposed to do, but you try to do it anyway, because there are other people relying on you.
I hope that this intention will not discourage too many people from playing the game for longer than a month.

As for trade, I agree with you on that, and I hope it will work that way.

Hereward
True Believer

Post by Hereward » 14 Oct 2017, 22:31

I agree with you OP i read their web page http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=info and looked on the forum nothing about skillcaps or you have to join a clan. Wait till it goes on steam and count the bad reveiws.
To me its misselling a product

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 14 Oct 2017, 23:31

It's not designed or balanced around higher skill caps. Which is why in LIFYO Servers you get Lancers with Tower shields and Longbows with full potency Poisons. The reason those settings are popular is because an organizations growth is extremely limited by the 64 player limit.

In the MMO "even 10-15 players" is barely enough to create a guild, much less be successful. Organizations will be forced to be involved in local and global politics and trade, join factions and alliances, and sometimes even become a vassal of larger organizations to survive.

Because of this, Guilds are not just cosmetic. To be successful you need to be or find an organization that is designed to handle the many community hurdles that you'll face advancing towards whatever goals your group has. =)

Hereward
True Believer

Post by Hereward » 14 Oct 2017, 23:58

JohnValentine wrote:It's not designed or balanced around higher skill caps. Which is why in LIFYO Servers you get Lancers with Tower shields and Longbows with full potency Poisons. The reason those settings are popular is because an organizations growth is extremely limited by the 64 player limit.

In the MMO "even 10-15 players" is barely enough to create a guild, much less be successful. Organizations will be forced to be involved in local and global politics and trade, join factions and alliances, and sometimes even become a vassal of larger organizations to survive.

Because of this, Guilds are not just cosmetic. To be successful you need to be or find an organization that is designed to handle the many community hurdles that you'll face advancing towards whatever goals your group has. =)

Where does state what you say no their web page where they sell the product http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=info

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 15 Oct 2017, 02:31

Hereward wrote:
JohnValentine wrote:It's not designed or balanced around higher skill caps. Which is why in LIFYO Servers you get Lancers with Tower shields and Longbows with full potency Poisons. The reason those settings are popular is because an organizations growth is extremely limited by the 64 player limit.

Where does state what you say no their web page where they sell the product http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=info

If you based your purchase off a cover page and not multiple sources, and feel it was a bad buy, they openly allow full refunds. A basic search before purchase would have clearly illustrated skill cap limitations Which implies that to achieve end game content, you will need to interact with the community. LIFYO already caters to small groups and solo players, the MMO caters to the greater community.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas