Development News #75 — Schedule and Details!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #75 — Schedule and Details!

Post by Arrakis » 27 Oct 2017, 17:43

Hey, Feudalists!

Today we would like to update you with a detailed schedule of our OBT launch.

1. 14th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 0:00 15th of November (MSK))
    Zealous Believer pack owners can reserve nicknames for their characters.
  2. 15th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 0:00 16th of November (MSK))
    Devoted Believer pack owners can reserve nicknames for their characters.
  3. 16th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 0:00 17th of November(MSK))
    True Believer pack owners can reserve nicknames for their characters, Zealous Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.
  4. 17th of November 2017 at 9:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK))
    Devoted Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.
  5. 17th of November 2017 at 15:00 (UTC) (10:00 am (EST) / 07:00 am (PST) / 18:00 (MSK))
    True Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.
  6. 17th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 0:00 18th of November (MSK))
    Official start of OBT and Steam Early Access of LiF:MMO. Owners of LiF:YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs can enter the world.

We would also like to present a short FAQ about this schedule and what you should expect during the given time frames.

Q: How to reserve my nickname?
A: According with the schedule above you should be able to login to our game and create a character with a desired nickname. That is how you actually reserve your nickname.
Keep in mind, that reserving a nickname on EU server means that someone can still reserve the same exact nickname on the NA server.

Q: What can premium pack owners do during early access period?
A: They can do everything, but claiming lands. Thus, players during early access period will not be able to place private claims and erect guild monuments. Yet they can level up their skills, construct buildings (which will decay over time without claims protection), explore the world and gather resources.

P.S. All our alpha testers will receive the benefits of a Zealous pack ownership, including nickname reservations and early access benefits along with a special unique robe!

P.P.S Feel free to take a look on an extended version of our FAQ here: http://lifeisfeudal.com/Soft-Launch-Guide/All-Pages

— The team

Piegefull
Beta Tester

Re: Development News #75 — Schedule and Details!

Post by Piegefull » 27 Oct 2017, 17:45

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com
Last edited by Piegefull on 27 Oct 2017, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Palach
Beta Tester

Post by Palach » 27 Oct 2017, 17:58

Что дает Премиум статус? :Bravo:

Styo
Alpha Tester

Post by Styo » 27 Oct 2017, 18:15

Palach wrote:Что дает Премиум статус? :Bravo:

Q: What is premium?

A: Premium Subscription unlocks the following benefits:

One random full set of armor skins unlocked each month while the subscription is active. Important: unlocked skin will not automatically grant a set of armor to a player, neither will it grant the necessary skills essential for wearing it. Players will still have to increase the skills themselves. Same goes with armor: skins will be available for wearing only after the corresponding type of armor will be forged;
One random weapon skin unlocked each month while the subscription is active. Important: Like with armor skin sets, unlocked weapon skins will not automatically grant a free weapon or additional skill increase and will be available for wearing only after obtaining the corresponding type of weapon;
Trading Post free storage size increased to 500 stones in the Central City Trade.
Posts and up to 1000 stones in all other Trade Posts without paying God's Favor for upkeep. According to that, a player will be able to store and sell a larger amount of items in Trading Posts without any additional expenses. This will be very useful for trading and transporting goods from point to point;
Up to 150 tiles of land available for private claiming without God's Favor payments required;
Once a real-time day you can turn on the 'Power Hour' feature, which will double the growth of your combat and crafting skills for one hour;
“Death Insurance” makes your post-death skill loss lowered by 5 skill points. For instance, if in case of death you’ll lose 7 skill points without a Premium subscription, you will lose only 7-5=2 skill points with a Premium subscription.

Peachy

Post by Peachy » 27 Oct 2017, 18:21

So sad, when I bought this in 2014 I was promised full access to MMo.

Null7238
Zealous Believer

Post by Null7238 » 27 Oct 2017, 18:49

Peachy wrote:So sad, when I bought this in 2014 I was promised full access to MMo.

you get one ticket with LiF: YO, so you will have access, on Nov 17

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 27 Oct 2017, 18:50

Peachy wrote:So sad, when I bought this in 2014 I was promised full access to MMO.

And you'll get it soon. Just make sure to link your Steam account and verify game ownership.

AlexGrivas

Post by AlexGrivas » 27 Oct 2017, 18:53

So you are making the game pay to win after all i would suggest changing this just give skins and some more storage not anything more like skill multiplier please change asap

Simonred
Devoted Believer

Post by Simonred » 27 Oct 2017, 18:57

Peachy wrote:So sad, when I bought this in 2014 I was promised full access to MMo.

and you are getting full access to the MMO, I dont see the problem here, care to explain alittle more in detail what you mean?

Akarian
Zealous Believer

Post by Akarian » 27 Oct 2017, 19:22

Great news!!! :beer: :beer:

Disponible en Castellano! :

http://cuervosdelatormenta.wixsite.com/ ... y-detalles
Los CUERVOS siempre viven, trabajan, viajan y matan en grupo.

http://cuervosdelatormenta.wix.com/cuervosdelatormenta

Golem
Zealous Believer

Post by Golem » 27 Oct 2017, 19:36

Arrakis wrote:
Peachy wrote:So sad, when I bought this in 2014 I was promised full access to MMO.

And you'll get it soon. Just make sure to link your Steam account and verify game ownership.

What about all YO players , players who wont get his own account at website , who dont have Verifies YO ownership. Players who dont have any info about it, they lost their chance ?

I believe not
Arrakis wrote:All Life is Feudal:YO owners will receive one character to gain full access to Life is Feudal:MMO open beta tests and release.

But i confulsed from This Info
Author wrote: Below is a step by step instruction how you can be sure that all conditions are met to receive a ticket.... ...After you have verified your Steam account...
All conditions .. make me mad

Thanks

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 27 Oct 2017, 21:37

Golem wrote:What about all YO players , players who wont get his own account at website , who dont have Verifies YO ownership. Players who dont have any info about it, they lost their chance ?
Not everyone may be interested in MMO. YO and MMO are targeted at a bit different audiences. But if someone is interested, they can read the dev blog in steam discussion and also on facebook page. We obviously cannot force anybody to register on our website, though.

Golem wrote:But i confulsed from This Info

All conditions .. make me mad
I don't understand what are you mad about. You obviously need to have Life is Feudal: Your Own in your Steam library, you need to register on our website, link your Steam profile with website account and verify game ownership in the account settings. What's the problem with that?

Brett5290
Zealous Believer

Post by Brett5290 » 27 Oct 2017, 22:16

Would like to upgrade my pack before the times comes we need the option asap

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 28 Oct 2017, 00:26

:beer:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 28 Oct 2017, 03:49

Q: When do we get our tickets? How do we transfer them to other people?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Whis
Zealous Believer

Post by Whis » 28 Oct 2017, 21:44

Azzerhoden wrote:Q: When do we get our tickets? How do we transfer them to other people?

Same Question.. Please someone clarify!

Thanks!!

Xavierf2
True Believer

Post by Xavierf2 » 30 Oct 2017, 01:28

I tried linking my steam account for YO but I got the following.

{"error":{"code":"010-008","description":"This social account is already linked to another user"}}

Which I have not linked my steam to my LiF:MMO account yet.

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 30 Oct 2017, 08:16

Arrakis wrote:

Hey, Feudalists!

Today we would like to update you with a detailed schedule of our OBT launch.

1. 14th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 0:00 15th of November (MSK))
    Zealous Believer pack owners can reserve nicknames for their characters.
  2. 15th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 0:00 16th of November (MSK))
    Devoted Believer pack owners can reserve nicknames for their characters.
  3. 16th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 0:00 17th of November(MSK))
    True Believer pack owners can reserve nicknames for their characters, Zealous Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.
  4. 17th of November 2017 at 9:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK))
    Devoted Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.
  5. 17th of November 2017 at 15:00 (UTC) (10:00 am (EST) / 07:00 am (PST) / 18:00 (MSK))
    True Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.
  6. 17th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 0:00 18th of November (MSK))
    Official start of OBT and Steam Early Access of LiF:MMO. Owners of LiF:YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs can enter the world.

I dont use to moan on LIF but ...

It's not fair for the access ! What about the old backers who bought only the early access ? Except the early access on the OBT, buy a pack is useless ... I don't want to pay twice the game.

You don't reward your old backers, you ask them to re buy the game to be the first on the OBT.

The guy who has money just buy a pack and gonna have the access the 14th. Is that a way to thank the old players who have thousands and thousands hours ?

Skare

Post by Skare » 30 Oct 2017, 08:23

Totally agree it's not normal!!! :evil: :evil:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 30 Oct 2017, 11:52

• Our backers aka Alpha Testers get the same privileges as Zealous Believers + some additional bonus.
  • Owners of Life is Feudal: Your Own get full access to the game upon Steam Early Access release.
I really don't see what's the problem here. If receiving full access to the game isn't enough of thank you and you feel mistreated, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. :(

Mahtafa
True Believer

Post by Mahtafa » 30 Oct 2017, 12:48

People seem to think that just because the bought the game in steam they need something more than access to the mmo, which was promised to them

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 30 Oct 2017, 13:09

its not like anyone who doesnt have 24h-12h-6h early access is missing much theres probably going to be lots of crashing

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 30 Oct 2017, 17:09

Jakeman wrote: lots of crashing

Nailed it.

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 30 Oct 2017, 17:50

Arrakis wrote:
  • Our backers aka Alpha Testers get the same privileges as Zealous Believers + some additional bonus.
  • Owners of Life is Feudal: Your Own get full access to the game upon Steam Early Access release.
I really don't see what's the problem here. If receiving full access to the game isn't enough of thank you and you feel mistreated, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. :(

Well, I did not know that, so i apologize ! Thank you !

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 30 Oct 2017, 18:05

Jakeman wrote:its not like anyone who doesnt have 24h-12h-6h early access is missing much theres probably going to be lots of crashing

Hopefully not. But building houses and monuments won't be possible during that time. People can explore, pick their spots and wait for the grand opening.

Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragodor » 30 Oct 2017, 20:35

Yes, it's really sad.
They really promised full access to MMO... and now...?
It's not full access.
:no:

Arrakis wrote:...building houses and monuments won't be possible during that time. People can explore, pick their spots and wait for the grand opening.

Erm... Arrakis?
It's already sad enough that we can't build monuments, although full access to MMO was promised, but now you post contradictory informations...
:%) :%) :%)

Here (Post by Arrakis » 27 Oct 2017, 20:43) you wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Q: What can premium pack owners do during early access period?
A: They can do everything, but claiming lands. Thus, players during early access period will not be able to place private claims and erect guild monuments. Yet they can level up their skills, construct buildings (which will decay over time without claims protection), explore the world and gather resources.

and now you write (by Arrakis » Today, 21:05)
Arrakis wrote:...building houses and monuments won't be possible during that time. People can explore, pick their spots and wait for the grand opening.
So I have 2 simple questions right now:

1. Why do you limit the promised "full access to MMO" now for the "Believer Packs"?
  2. What is the right information? :) Can we build or not?

I guess we can't build monuments but we can build buildings which will decay because we can't claim land. Claiming lands and build monuments will be possible at Open Beta start at 17th November at 21:00 (UTC). Is that right?
So, we are waiting for it! :beer:

Rosebud

Post by Rosebud » 31 Oct 2017, 23:24

All conditions .. make me mad[/quote]I don't understand what are you mad about. You obviously need to have Life is Feudal: Your Own in your Steam library, you need to register on our website, link your Steam profile with website account and verify game ownership in the account settings. What's the problem with that?[/quote]

Here's the problem with that.
1) I paid money to own both games. It should not be my responsibility to jump through hoops or sign up to a separate location to access what I paid for.
2) The system you offer to gain access is long and confusing. Log in here, sign in here, log into another account to retrieve information so as to return to current account. Then add information hit proper button and ERROR 10-300...repeat twice more.

Here's a suggestion. just make it so I can log into steam and hit the LIF MMO button. Simple and neat.

Switchkin

Post by Switchkin » 02 Nov 2017, 19:52

All conditions ..make me mad I don't understand what are you mad about. You obviously need to have Life is Feudal: Your Own in your Steam library, you need to register on our website, link your Steam profile with website account and verify game ownership in the account settings. What's the problem with that?

1) I paid money to own both games. It should not be my responsibility to jump through hoops or sign up to a separate location to access what I paid for.
2) The system you offer to gain access is long and confusing. Log in here, sign in here, log into another account to retrieve information so as to return to current account. Then add information hit proper button and ERROR 10-300...repeat twice more.

Here's a suggestion. just make it so I can log into steam and hit the LIF MMO button. Simple and neat.

Are you really complaining about a 1 time thing you need to do that takes 3 minutes? Or are you trolling?....

Hutt
True Believer

Post by Hutt » 02 Nov 2017, 21:53

Rosebud wrote:All conditions .. make me madI don't understand what are you mad about. You obviously need to have Life is Feudal: Your Own in your Steam library, you need to register on our website, link your Steam profile with website account and verify game ownership in the account settings. What's the problem with that?

Sorry, but if you are complaining about something that takes 60s and you have instructions with screenshots with big red arrows, I think this game is too complicated for you.

Darlgon

Post by Darlgon » 03 Nov 2017, 18:42

Arrakis wrote:

Hi Arrakis. First post here and all. Just synced my Steam account with the game forums. Still trying to catch up, as I have been in other games since buying this LIF:YO quite a while back.

I.. think part of the issue here is the same as the one I am having. People who bought LIF:YO are confused about how the MMO access will work, on the billing side.

Can you clarify:
1. Is LiF:MMO still a "buy once, pay optional sub" model, like I kind of remember when I bought YO? Or will access die after x number of days?
2. Will the people who bought LIF:YO be at a significant disadvantage vs those who bought Believer tiers? (meaning we should now pay more money to get on the same level as them)
3. Is the 35 dollars I paid back then REALLY only worth 10 dollars, since that is how much you are giving us as a discount to get a believer pack? (BTW, if I had been playing LIF:YO as much as I should have, the answer would be: "No, you got x hours of gameplay and now know how to play the game better than the new believers.)

Sorry if this sounds, kinda pushy. I am both trying to ask my questions and maybe what that guy is trying to say.

Return to Development News