Improve Villager Behavior for Larger Villages.

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: Forest Village? Post it here!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Improve Villager Behavior for Larger Villages.

Post by sunleader » 04 Nov 2017, 06:02

Well.
This is a bit of a list of Suggestions. But I.ll make it one Topic cause its all about the same Topic.

Currently Larger Villages run into alot of Problems.
While Ressources can be Moved by Donkeys. There is no way to Set Targets of how much. Thus you either dont get enough over. Or you end up draining one Storage.

Villagers die from Cold and Starvation on their way to Work. Because if they Work 100 tiles away they cant get back to their House to Eat or Warm up.

Villagers are completely useless because they just move to the opposite side of the City for whatever reason and then cant work anymore cause they need so long back and forth for work that by the time they arrive at work they start going back.

Houses more than 2 houses away from a Barn often run out of Fuel or Food and then someone Dies because they need too long to get Food or Fuel to the House.

So what we need.

Allow Villagers to Eat on their Workplaces and on the Barn.
So they dont have to walk back to their House for each Meal.

Allow Villagers to Warm up their Workplaces. (can also cost Fuel)
So they dont have to walk back from a Damn Smithy to Warm up lol

Add a new Building called Shelter.
The Shelter Building has no Living Space. But can be used by Villagers to Warm up and Eat.
(Used for Outdoor Workers and Laborers)
Such Shelters were actually used in Reality when People worked in the Fields.
After all in Reality People sometimes worked over an hour of walking away from their Home. And guess what they did not Starve or Freeze to Death lol.

Add the Option for Caravans to Balance a Ressource rather than just Moving it.
Meaning that the Caravan will attempt to Keep the Ressources on Equal level in both Storages.

Increase Villagers Attention on their House and on how far they are from the next Source of Fuel and Food.
So that if they are further away from a Barn. Keep larger Stockpiles so they Survive long enough to get new Fuel and Food.

The Game is Great.
And I like it alot.

But there is also tons of Issues left :)
And especially for Building anything beyond 100 People. You effectively have little Choice but to Build 1 Small Village after the other. So each of them is Independent.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Re: Improve Villager Behavior for Larger Villages.

Post by JTCrowder1 » 18 Nov 2017, 08:06

Sunleader wrote:You effectively have little Choice but to Build 1 Small Village after the other. So each of them is Independent.

This. This is true and this is a problem.

Sanshi44

Post by Sanshi44 » 02 Jan 2018, 08:50

JTCrowder1 wrote:
Sunleader wrote:You effectively have little Choice but to Build 1 Small Village after the other. So each of them is Independent.

This. This is true and this is a problem.

yeah it is, i always get to the stage where i try building a city around 40-50 year mark and remake because it gets frustrating managing resource caravans and if you slip up you starve or freeze and area to death :(

LadyA

Post by LadyA » 11 Aug 2018, 09:50

I second this!

Mr.soprano

Post by Mr.soprano » 03 Nov 2020, 10:48

Same here, i agreee 100% with all these problems / bugs
Please fix it!

Same happen if you have 2 villages far each other.
When you set to gather stones example.
citizen from far village comes to gather and place into storage, then go back them home to eat or warm but they die on the road.

This is SUPER STUPID!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas