Development News #75 — Schedule and Details!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Re: Development News #75 — Schedule and Details!

Post by Arrakis » 03 Nov 2017, 21:51

Darlgon wrote:Can you clarify:
1. Is LiF:MMO still a "buy once, pay optional sub" model, like I kind of remember when I bought YO? Or will access die after x number of days?
2. Will the people who bought LIF:YO be at a significant disadvantage vs those who bought Believer tiers? (meaning we should now pay more money to get on the same level as them)
3. Is the 35 dollars I paid back then REALLY only worth 10 dollars, since that is how much you are giving us as a discount to get a believer pack? (BTW, if I had been playing LIF:YO as much as I should have, the answer would be: "No, you got x hours of gameplay and now know how to play the game better than the new believers.)

Sorry if this sounds, kinda pushy. I am both trying to ask my questions and maybe what that guy is trying to say.

1. It's basically B2P, but testing the game for free will be possible on what we currently call a 'newbie island' with some limitations and regular wipes. And B2P, in this case, means purchasing a ticket to transfer one character from the newbie island to the mainland and getting access to the full game. This ticket is of one-time use and cannot be retrieved once used. Access is, of course, permanent, but make sure that you don't mess up your alignment by senseless killing. ;)
2. Buying a pack doesn't give any real advantage. YO player with hundreds of hours of experience in the game will have an advantage over a new player with the supporter pack.
3. Well, YO owners do get full access to the game once OBT starts. Discount is only for those who wish to purchase supporter pack on top of that and gain immediate access and some additional bonuses. It's optional.

Talbion

Post by Talbion » 04 Nov 2017, 15:46

Sad to say, if I knew then what I knew now I would have waited to buy the game....Full access...great.

I have been playing and tinkering with this before they even started selling premium packs via their website. But now I found out for ALL the waiting, and work, and feedback...

I get in to play the game only at OBT when everyone else can...not an early start, not access to the CBT...just treated like an ordinary smo.

Normally you buy in at the start of a game and it only gets better....RIP that idea...ya just get a small gift and a "Bugger off".

Arebon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arebon » 04 Nov 2017, 16:07

Talbion wrote:Sad to say, if I knew then what I knew now I would have waited to buy the game....Full access...great.

I have been playing and tinkering with this before they even started selling premium packs via their website. But now I found out for ALL the waiting, and work, and feedback...

I get in to play the game only at OBT when everyone else can...not an early start, not access to the CBT...just treated like an ordinary smo.

Normally you buy in at the start of a game and it only gets better....RIP that idea...ya just get a small gift and a "Bugger off".

You bought a game called LIF:YO and you can play this game LIF:YO! so dont cry, be happy that you can have full access with 1 charr to a other game called LIF:MMO!

Return to Development News