[MMO] Message to players about wipe and release schedule postpone

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Desmas

Re: [MMO] Message to players about wipe and release schedule postpone

Post by Desmas » 17 Nov 2017, 12:08

When will preload start for YO, shouldn't it be already started?

Nyuu
Zealous Believer

Post by Nyuu » 17 Nov 2017, 12:39

Feels bad :/

I've got the day off to get to play today (1pm for True Believer here in Brazil), will have to wait until 1am (don't know if I'll be able to play late tonight).

Hope everything works as planned now! Good luck guys!

LeshiyKivan
Devoted Believer

Post by LeshiyKivan » 17 Nov 2017, 12:52

Хватит ныть. Не мешайте работать. Не дали вам- дали им, чаго за дети? Пускай. Тем более они больше вашего вложили в эту игру. И не токо деньги. Дайте сделать игру.

Noogymonster

Post by Noogymonster » 17 Nov 2017, 13:06

"Estimated postpone of all release schedule - 12 hours. That means that we’re going to postpone all the following founder packs access waves and OBT itself for 12 hours. All founder’s packs owners will get their promised 24-12-6 hours of the head start."

People who didn't buy one of the packs have to wait 36 hours now?? :evil:

Xkrakenx
Alpha Tester

Post by Xkrakenx » 17 Nov 2017, 14:00

Dont postpone the other players, im a zealous package and not leasing the steam on time is going to cause rage

Maxmir85

Post by Maxmir85 » 17 Nov 2017, 14:02

Полностью согласен и поддерживаю его(DrakeHawkins) мнение в этом вопросе.

DrakeHawkins wrote:Please BitBox, if there is ANY way to track down the players who used these powers and did not report them PLEASE for the sake of the entire community Ban these players for life and retract all accounts with no refund. THIS IS DISGUSTING behavior and clear indication they can NOT be trusted and have made clear breaches in the EULA.

Perhaps some would think this harsh but there has to be a ZERO tolerance for theft and cheating and there is very few things that could have been calculated to produce a nastier blot on the reputation and public image of the game and company.

IF they are not found and punished then the statement is clear. Cheat and you will get bonus free stuff, bonus months of play time and as much extra time to experience the game ahead of the other honest people waiting (who also likely planned days and such off to play when their turns came which is now wrecked) and you will slip by being asked to find more ways to cheat in the future.

Please Let us know as a community what you will do about this vile cheaters.

Drake Hawkins (and the other thousands who wanted to say this as well)

PS. If you read this and agree something should be done to remove the guilty parties please reply and rate this up so BitBox Knows to take it seriously!

TheOrigin
True Believer

Post by TheOrigin » 17 Nov 2017, 14:12

Your "compensation" feels pretty one-sided - not to say it feels like two class customer behaviour. I paid you 50€ for a service and get NO compensation for the promised service which you didnt provide in time as promised.

I dont care about money, but now i am glad that i didnt bought the "bigger" package because i dont want to support companies which show such a bad business practice. You can keep the money, you can keep the game but dont expect any good reputation or opinion out of this behaviour. With this decision you lost the already dwingling trust i had in your project. But after this i wont play the game or put any more money into it.

You did a mistake. But your decision how the handle the mistake is completely wrong. Especially for a game launch.

Good luck with that - i am already reading the tomorrow game magazine headlines....

Weedzy

Post by Weedzy » 17 Nov 2017, 14:41

So that means people who only owned LiF: YO will be able to play the MMO in 30+ hours? I feel so scammed and the thirst for greed is real in here.

You had one job to do, and you had 4 years or more to prepare for this event.

WilliamWallace
Devoted Believer

Post by WilliamWallace » 17 Nov 2017, 14:47

So devoter etc gets no compensation! I want a refund as I took a day off work and paid £65 to play this today! , not tomorrow. I have paid £65 for nothing. And a day off work is equivalent to £300. Great start to your open beta, what a way to show how incompetent you are.

Weedzy

Post by Weedzy » 17 Nov 2017, 15:00

I forgot to mention, the player-base of LiF is around 7.000, give or take, with this stunt you just pulled, you should expect those numbers to lower. How will you manage to release this game for a broader audience when you scam the very few of us who backed you up from the beginning? You really had to **** up with your head-start shit just to get more money.

WilliamWallace
Devoted Believer

Post by WilliamWallace » 17 Nov 2017, 15:07

And to only compensate the assholes that caused it. Are you actually serious? Lack of a response from you won't change the fact you have just scammed the main portion of your player base. I will be speaking to paypal if you do not provide proper compensation or a refund. FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!!!

Prive
True Believer

Post by Prive » 17 Nov 2017, 15:08

What the hell? So I'm supposed to have access right now, but I literally have to wait another 12 hours... even though the servers are up right now? This is a public relations nightmare lmao

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Post by TalisStormbringer » 17 Nov 2017, 15:23

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal: MMO

Dear, Feudalists!

   We are very sorry, but we had to bring running servers down and wipe them. The reason for that is that a random bug that occurred during the transfer of some characters from newbie island on the Abella has caused them to have a GM powers during the game session. Some players have used it to their advantage and damage was beyond the repair once we’ve detected it.
   Right now we’ve brought servers down and we’re wiping them. Even though that newbie islands were not affected by this bug, due to the player’s request we’re going to wipe them as well.
   Estimated postpone of all release schedule - 12 hours. That means that we’re going to postpone all the following founder packs access waves and OBT itself for 12 hours. All founder’s packs owners will get their promised 24-12-6 hours of the head start.
   Guilds with their guild names and guild tags, unfortunately, will be wiped and will have to be recreated once we bring servers up again. But the good news is that your characters’ nicknames will be saved. Characters from the mainland will be transferred back to the newbie islands with all their skills, stats and customization settings returned to the default values leaving only first names intact. We HIGHLY recommend you to recreate those characters with the customization and starting skills that you want.
   Naturally, we’re going to compensate all spent tickets to Abella and tool packs that were consumed during those 4 hours of gameplay. Premium skins and other non-consumable items should remain intact in your account premium inventory. We also want to provide all Zealous pack owners and alpha test users with an extra 1 month of a Premium subscription and additional 18000 God’s Favor as a compensation for the lost time and frustration that we have caused.
   We know that many of you took a day off or even a vacation to get the maximum of Life is Feudal: MMO experience. We are, and I am personally, very sorry for the inconvenience we’ve caused by letting this bug to slip our radars and the wipe that we had to do because of it.

Thank you, for understanding!

P.S. Underground resources will not be shuffled.

— Vladimir “Bobik” Piskunov

YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT THINKING! :crazy:

you said
ZEALOUS BELIEVERS EARLY ACCESS: 16th of November
- 21:00 (UTC) | 4:00 pm (EST) | 1:00 pm (PST) | 0:00 17th of Nov (MSK)
DEVOTED BELIEVERS EARLY ACCESS: 17th of November
- 9:00 (UTC) | 4:00 am (EST) | 1:00 am (PST) | 12:00 (MSK)
TRUE BELIEVERS EARLY ACCESS: 17th of November
- 15:00 (UTC) | 10:00 am (EST) | 07:00 am (PST) | 18:00 (MSK)

You don't think that me as a True Believer did not take a day off work. I am suppose to work at 7:00 am, no i am here and now i find out i don't get to play until 7 PM. So i essentially loose my whole day and i will only get about 3-4 hours of game play instead of 16 hours of game play.

YOU SAID
All founder’s packs owners will get their promised 24-12-6 hours of the head start.

and YOU SAID
We also want to provide all Zealous pack owners and alpha test users with an extra 1 month of a Premium subscription and additional 18000 God’s Favor as a compensation for the lost time and frustration that we have caused.

You need to give this to all different founder pack owners at the 24/12/6 ratio. I am sorry you have hurt everyone because of your lack to fix the god admin command and it is not fair that everyone is made to loose out but only the Zealous pack owners and alpha test users get the compensation.

Prive
True Believer

Post by Prive » 17 Nov 2017, 15:29

TalisStormbringer wrote:

Dear, Feudalists!

   We are very sorry, but we had to bring running servers down and wipe them. The reason for that is that a random bug that occurred during the transfer of some characters from newbie island on the Abella has caused them to have a GM powers during the game session. Some players have used it to their advantage and damage was beyond the repair once we’ve detected it.
   Right now we’ve brought servers down and we’re wiping them. Even though that newbie islands were not affected by this bug, due to the player’s request we’re going to wipe them as well.
   Estimated postpone of all release schedule - 12 hours. That means that we’re going to postpone all the following founder packs access waves and OBT itself for 12 hours. All founder’s packs owners will get their promised 24-12-6 hours of the head start.
   Guilds with their guild names and guild tags, unfortunately, will be wiped and will have to be recreated once we bring servers up again. But the good news is that your characters’ nicknames will be saved. Characters from the mainland will be transferred back to the newbie islands with all their skills, stats and customization settings returned to the default values leaving only first names intact. We HIGHLY recommend you to recreate those characters with the customization and starting skills that you want.
   Naturally, we’re going to compensate all spent tickets to Abella and tool packs that were consumed during those 4 hours of gameplay. Premium skins and other non-consumable items should remain intact in your account premium inventory. We also want to provide all Zealous pack owners and alpha test users with an extra 1 month of a Premium subscription and additional 18000 God’s Favor as a compensation for the lost time and frustration that we have caused.
   We know that many of you took a day off or even a vacation to get the maximum of Life is Feudal: MMO experience. We are, and I am personally, very sorry for the inconvenience we’ve caused by letting this bug to slip our radars and the wipe that we had to do because of it.

Thank you, for understanding!

P.S. Underground resources will not be shuffled.

— Vladimir “Bobik” Piskunov

YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT THINKING! :crazy:

you said
ZEALOUS BELIEVERS EARLY ACCESS: 16th of November
- 21:00 (UTC) | 4:00 pm (EST) | 1:00 pm (PST) | 0:00 17th of Nov (MSK)
DEVOTED BELIEVERS EARLY ACCESS: 17th of November
- 9:00 (UTC) | 4:00 am (EST) | 1:00 am (PST) | 12:00 (MSK)
TRUE BELIEVERS EARLY ACCESS: 17th of November
- 15:00 (UTC) | 10:00 am (EST) | 07:00 am (PST) | 18:00 (MSK)

You don't think that me as a True Believer did not take a day off work. I am suppose to work at 7:00 am, no i am here and now i find out i don't get to play until 7 PM. So i essentially loose my whole day and i will only get about 3-4 hours of game play instead of 16 hours of game play.

YOU SAID
All founder’s packs owners will get their promised 24-12-6 hours of the head start.

and YOU SAID
We also want to provide all Zealous pack owners and alpha test users with an extra 1 month of a Premium subscription and additional 18000 God’s Favor as a compensation for the lost time and frustration that we have caused.

You need to give this to all different founder pack owners at the 24/12/6 ratio. I am sorry you have hurt everyone because of your lack to fix the god admin command and it is not fair that everyone is made to loose out but only the Zealous pack owners and alpha test users get the compensation.

Yea I'm a true believer and I took off to play today. I'm supposed to be playing right now... :(
I just don't understand why we can't play now even though others are playing now?

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Post by TalisStormbringer » 17 Nov 2017, 15:34

I just submitted a support ticket

https://lifeisfeudal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

i would recommend everyone who is being affected by this to do the same and we flood them with requests.

:x

Jamaicus
True Believer

Post by Jamaicus » 17 Nov 2017, 15:49

Just open the servers up. JUST DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 17 Nov 2017, 15:56

You sure you not going to change your promises around? So far you've done it every time you guys come up with a new "pack" or something to bump your other promises down the list?

Nkferguson
True Believer

Post by Nkferguson » 17 Nov 2017, 16:04

So y'all left in an extreme game breaking bug that caused Armageddon, then decided to compensate only those who gave you the most money, and then screwed over everyone else by shoving our access time firmly into the depths of night?

As someone who only recently decided to try out life is feudal, this gives me an extremely poor impression of y'alls 'community outreach'. Kind of like getting suplexed as soon as you walk in the door.

Don't y'just love that early access mentality? :twisted:
Last edited by Nkferguson on 17 Nov 2017, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 16:09

Nkferguson wrote:Do y'all left in an extreme game breaking bug that caused Armageddon, then decided to compensate only those who gave you the most money, and then screwed over everyone else by shoving our access time firmly into the depths of night?

We have compensated those players, who spent - or rather wasted - several hours playing the game, grinding and exploring, and then faced the wipe of their characters. Devoted and True believers did not have access to the game yet by the time that time so they did not experience this pain of losing that progress.

Jeremy0
Zealous Believer

Post by Jeremy0 » 17 Nov 2017, 16:16

i think its ok =)

cassie
True Believer

Post by cassie » 17 Nov 2017, 16:18

Are you guys CRAZY? you did not just post that cheaters are being rewarded and everyone else "just sit tight", while we reward the ppl exploiting the game. This is NOT good please rectify this or you are going to loose your fan base over this DUMB ASS news update.

I am a True Believer and I cannot get on the damn game, and searching around I found the reason and then was subjected to reading about how you guys are rewarding the ppl that caused everyone else to have to wait an additional 12/hrs..REALLY???????????, while the cheaters get to still play and do some other dumb ass thing to ruin it for everyone else. :evil: :evil:
Last edited by cassie on 17 Nov 2017, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

Habuwulfr
True Believer

Post by Habuwulfr » 17 Nov 2017, 16:21

Arrakis wrote:
Nkferguson wrote:Do y'all left in an extreme game breaking bug that caused Armageddon, then decided to compensate only those who gave you the most money, and then screwed over everyone else by shoving our access time firmly into the depths of night?

We have compensated those players, who spent - or rather wasted - several hours playing the game, grinding and exploring, and then faced the wipe of their characters. Devoted and True believers did not have access to the game yet by the time that time so they did not experience this pain of losing that progress.

schon klar aber die haben den bug nicht gemeldet also sind sie selbst schuld und der hauptgrund warum es zu dem wipe gekommen ist. :evil:

ich zünd mal ne kerze an.
habs gern romantisch wen ich GEFICKT werde.! :twisted:

cassie
True Believer

Post by cassie » 17 Nov 2017, 16:21

Jeremy0 wrote:i think its ok =)

You think its "OKAY" to reward cheaters, that pushed the game out for everyone else??? Really are you one of those players and logged into another acct to say this?

Highspy
True Believer

Post by Highspy » 17 Nov 2017, 16:24

True Believer account -: This is absolutely crazy. Things happen and things get delayed but to respond back that you are only compensating the very set of users that caused the issue is ludicrous and scandalous. People took time off in RL jobs to play this game. People backed your MMO and were promised so much time ahead of others, etc...

I guess we now know how unethical you are and will probably continue to be going forward.

Shame on the person who made these decisions.

Uther
Beta Tester

Post by Uther » 17 Nov 2017, 16:31

Wow, so just because you guys messed up and let everyone have GM powers (random bug, right) we all have to wait even longer. Good job on your launch so far :crazy:

Nkferguson
True Believer

Post by Nkferguson » 17 Nov 2017, 16:37

I do not begrudge Zealous believers for being compensated for their frustration. One of my friends is one. His enthusiasm for the game was part of what drew me to the game. At the time of posting, I haven't heard from him today and do not know what he thinks of this.

What I am taking exception to, is the loss of progress that will be felt by Devoted and True Believers. From reading other posts on the forum and talk to people I know, the twelve hour postponement equates to a full day's delay. The access time for Bronze packs has been pushed back to 10p.m. (EST). If I am incorrect on the time, please let me know.

Those with jobs will need their sleep. Setting access at 10p.m. prevents much of the progress they would have made, due to other life obligations. With most workplaces running until approximately five pm or later, the time many will be able to access the game will be pushed back to then or later.

By my pattern of thought, Devoted and True believers are losing progress as well, except it is the progress they would have made today. They are losing much closer to a day, than twelve hours.

Cappy

Post by Cappy » 17 Nov 2017, 16:41

IMO the push back is not the biggest issue here, Yeah we all have to play the game later now. My main frustration is rewarding the group that actually caused this mess........

Synthoras
True Believer

Post by Synthoras » 17 Nov 2017, 16:50

Im fine with it. i don`t think every one of them used the GM-Powers without saying a word. I also can understand the furstration of all the other players. As a true Beliver im still waiting and it is allready after 15 UTC.

STOGGYRETURNS
True Believer

Post by STOGGYRETURNS » 17 Nov 2017, 16:54

Arrakis let me say this in a simple way. You cost people days of work and their lives because they planned them around you guys. You didn't have a bug you failed to properly do your jobs and we all got burned. Put the F-up aside. As a service provider who said when and where for us to be and then left us all standing/sitting there doing nothing.... that is solely your fault and in no way shape or form our faults. Unless we are being blamed for your cock-up why would you anger us so and then over compensate the zealous people despite us all being hurt by it.

Don't expect us to trust you again since you only care about those who made it in the "club" and payed you $160 verses the people who paid you $40 four years ago only to have you treat us like this. We all know the LIF:YO was the pre-alpha testing bed for the creation of MMO. We all paid for the creation of the MMO but who cares about the people who made it all happen I guess we aren't important.

This is me putting my wallet away and downsizing my in-game char plans. Arrakis no compensation is already costing you money!!

thurman619
True Believer

Post by thurman619 » 17 Nov 2017, 16:55

If this happened day one how are you going to not let this happen six months from now. If this happened's in a few months your going to lose most of the player base

Return to News and Information