[MMO] Message to players about wipe and release schedule postpone

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

Re: [MMO] Message to players about wipe and release schedule postpone

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 16:58

It's true, we messed up quite a bit with that and we apologize for this mess. But on the other hand, wipe and postponing launch would not be needed if those people who got on the 'happy' end of this bug have reported it immediately to us instead of wrecking havoc and doing damage that was beyond repair. We are sorry that this happened and we can only hope, that you will try to give us a chance and stick with us.

cassie
True Believer

Post by cassie » 17 Nov 2017, 17:02

Nkferguson wrote:
We have compensated those players, who spent - or rather wasted - several hours playing the game, grinding and exploring, and then faced the wipe of their characters. Devoted and True believers did not have access to the game yet by the time that time so they did not experience this pain of losing that progress.

I do not begrudge Zealous believers for being compensated for their frustration. One of my friends is one. His enthusiasm for the game was part of what drew me to the game. At the time of posting, I haven't heard from him today and do not know what he thinks of this.

What I am taking exception to, is the loss of progress that will be felt by Devoted and True Believers. From reading other posts on the forum and talk to people I know, the twelve hour postponement equates to a full day's delay. The access time for Bronze packs has been pushed back to 10p.m. (EST). If I am incorrect on the time, please let me know.

Those with jobs will need their sleep. Setting access at 10p.m. prevents much of the progress they would have made, due to other life obligations. With most workplaces running until approximately five pm or later, the time many will be able to access the game will be pushed back to then or later.

By my pattern of thought, Devoted and True believers are losing progress as well, except it is the progress they would have made today. They are losing much closer to a day, than twelve hours.

I understand your post, but to be honest everyone of the Zealous believers knew there was something wrong, as a GM, you have increased carry weight, your tools don't break, and you terraform faster. You nor anyone else can say "Some" may not have known they were cheating, they ALL knew something was wrong.

Highspy
True Believer

Post by Highspy » 17 Nov 2017, 17:09

Arrakis wrote:It's true, we messed up quite a bit with that and we apologize for this mess. But on the other hand, wipe and postponing launch would not be needed if those people who got on the 'happy' end of this bug have reported it immediately to us instead of wrecking havoc and doing damage that was beyond repair. We are sorry that this happened and we can only hope, that you will try to give us a chance and stick with us.

For me it's not what happened (most understand things happen) - it is your resolution that is scandalous. You should be fair to all - not just a group that paid the most. Yes their time spent is being wiped but we also lose our time as we are not on now (I can't even reserve my name) and won't be compensated at all. You leave a bad taste in one's mouth by discriminating like this...

Nebiru
True Believer

Post by Nebiru » 17 Nov 2017, 17:22

Arrakis wrote:[...] wipe and postponing launch would not be needed if those people who got on the 'happy' end of this bug have reported it immediately [...]

That is exactly what people are complaining about. Even if the ones on the 'happy' are just a minority, you are still rewarding them too. You must admit that causes unnecessary frustation even bevor most of us have logged in.

TheOrigin
True Believer

Post by TheOrigin » 17 Nov 2017, 17:25

Arrakis wrote:It's true, we messed up quite a bit with that and we apologize for this mess. But on the other hand, wipe and postponing launch would not be needed if those people who got on the 'happy' end of this bug have reported it immediately to us instead of wrecking havoc and doing damage that was beyond repair. We are sorry that this happened and we can only hope, that you will try to give us a chance and stick with us.

You got my money over TWO YEARS ago to be able to develop this game. This is NOT how you treat customers. Sadly i didnt buy over steam because i trusted you - if i had - i would have a refund by now.

shadyme
Devoted Believer

Post by shadyme » 17 Nov 2017, 17:27

Dear Arrakis, first half a day without any response, now 2 in in hour i can only hope that this is cause the gravity /impact of the situation is starting to sink in?

You are a service provider, u make a game we pay for it. There was a shedulle there where specifik times so people planned their real life around it. One of the preorder groups noticed a bug? THAT YOU LEFT IN the game. And yes if restarting the server was the only response then that is the right response. But to then go on & only acknowledge the one group that was already playing as the involved party & compensate only them does not make any sense to me.
Espescialy with ur lattest post witch i quoted here that says that that group must have known it was bugged & most of them didnt report. Why then only compensate them? it doesnt make any sense...

This is not the behavour that u would expect from a gamecompagny that is gone need all the traction en positive news/pr it can get. & now u got the opposite of that, goodjob!

For me my grievance is that i lost a whole day; i payed 80€ expecting to got to play today from 10u CET, what good i'm i with starting at 22u i got something to do at 21u & after i will sleep. So ill get up at what ... 9u in the morning so I can use 1hour of my 12 hour headstart, great 80€ spend...

For me if this lack of acknowledgement for all preorders continues i will just cancel my preorder (Witch is possible until 90days after any purchase) through paypall & u shall not get 1€ from me.
Last edited by shadyme on 17 Nov 2017, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

Chairman
True Believer

Post by Chairman » 17 Nov 2017, 17:29

I hope you banned everyone that did. If not, you are setting a very bad precedent and encouraging foul play.

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 17 Nov 2017, 17:31

Arrakis wrote:
Nkferguson wrote:Do y'all left in an extreme game breaking bug that caused Armageddon, then decided to compensate only those who gave you the most money, and then screwed over everyone else by shoving our access time firmly into the depths of night?

We have compensated those players, who spent - or rather wasted - several hours playing the game, grinding and exploring, and then faced the wipe of their characters. Devoted and True believers did not have access to the game yet by the time that time so they did not experience this pain of losing that progress.

Problem with that is you gave them a rather significant compensation, while everyone else who ARE STILL IMPACTED got nothing. That's never going to sit well with people. It's just compounding the mistake by upsetting everyone else. Yes, that would be frustrating to play and have that time wiped.

At the same time, when you have three tiers of people who have invested in the MMO to help you test closed beta, and who for the most part were all waiting and making plans to get in (including days off work, being less than an hour away from access when this was noted, etc.) compensating only one set of those people is going to generate a shit storm.

Simply put, it's a terrible idea from a customer relations standpoint. If you had given them a smaller compensation, or made a gesture toward other tiers of some sort, people likely wouldn't be upset like this. Not saying it should have been a 4/2/1 split on compensation, I personally think just noting the issue and taking action against abusers was what should have been done.

The problem is, now you have offered compensation, and now you have upset everyone else invested in the game. Which is a terrible way to start. You can't survive with gold members only...

STOGGYRETURNS
True Believer

Post by STOGGYRETURNS » 17 Nov 2017, 17:32

Arrakis I accept and appreciate your apology. I respect you for saying it so bluntly. I understand the position we are all in and I humbly ask for a simple token of good will. Just a little something to get all our engines going again and to make us feel like the right people got punished and not us all. Could we all get a small amount of "God's Favor" so we too can feel appreciated. Maybe some free death insurance for a bit. I will leave the "what" up to you but I would say this.... I'd much rather remember this moment as the day we got a gift instead of remembering the day wasted.

Thank you for your time Arrakis and a merry OBT launch to everyone reading!!

cassie
True Believer

Post by cassie » 17 Nov 2017, 17:40

STOGGYRETURNS wrote:Arrakis I accept and appreciate your apology. I respect you for saying it so bluntly. I understand the position we are all in and I humbly ask for a simple token of good will. Just a little something to get all our engines going again and to make us feel like the right people got punished and not us all. Could we all get a small amount of "God's Favor" so we too can feel appreciated. Maybe some free death insurance for a bit. I will leave the "what" up to you but I would say this.... I'd much rather remember this moment as the day we got a gift instead of remembering the day wasted.

Thank you for your time Arrakis and a merry OBT launch to everyone reading!!

I don't think we need compensation, I think the people that exploited the bug should be punished, maybe a temporary acct band for 2-3/days I don't know, but to reward them is INSANE.

I for one took time off which is lost money and my day to be told that I can't play, But in reality its not the issue, I have played enough games to know that launch is never perfect and we are lucky to get into any game on day one.

What has upset me and others is the quote by Vladimir “Bobik” Piskunov

"We also want to provide all Zealous pack owners and alpha test users with an extra 1 month of a Premium subscription and additional 18000 God’s Favor as a compensation for the lost time and frustration that we have caused."

This is what is upsetting me and others. I have requested a refund due to this POST.
Last edited by cassie on 17 Nov 2017, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

Jonesr
Zealous Believer

Post by Jonesr » 17 Nov 2017, 17:43

Hopefully they are awarding the Zealous players that wasted their time spent playing yesterday and banning the few players that exploited this bug.

You can hardly call all of us cheaters....

I've been playing MMO's since late 90's and launch days are more then not always problematic. Yet people still take time off work expecting everything to be perfect. I can't help but laugh, I am sorry.

Dev's should have thrown the other pack owners a bone for inconvenience though. Would have stopped all this negative shit you don't want on your forums on launch day.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 17:48

Those responsible for abusing the GM bug will face punishment once we deal with the priorities, such as game fixes that need to be implemented.

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 17:52

I recognize the apology but do not accept it! Thank you though for wasting my time and vacation hours! I so enjoy wasting stuff like that as well as finding out that the GOLDEN privileged monkeys who screwed it all up gets compensated but everyone else gets a nice chunk used coal! Sure I'll still stick w/ you and play the game but holy gravy smothered on rotten grapes! Anger! Loud Noises! Riot! Ok, not riot but Rage!

Lucrecevella

Post by Lucrecevella » 17 Nov 2017, 17:54

:evil: Je vais post mon message en français après tout faut pas non plus déconner , je peux lire donc :

Nous souhaitons également offrir à tous les possesseurs de packs Zealous et aux utilisateurs de tests alpha un mois supplémentaire d'abonnement Premium et 18 000 God's Favour supplémentaire pour compenser le temps perdu et la frustration que nous avons causés.Nous savons que beaucoup d'entre vous ont pris un jour de congé ou même des vacances pour profiter au maximum de Life is feudal mmo.

Pour ma part je n'ai pas acheté de pack mais sachez que je suis frustré :

1) toujours pas d'accès au dl du jeu (sachant que j'habite a la campagne et que j'ai une connection de merde ) en gros tel que c'est partis je ne jouerai pas du week end et que oui mon groupe d'amis et famille avait posé 4 jours pour pouvoir jouer tranquille mais comme apparament y a que ceux qui ont claquer des € dans les packs qui vous interresse !!!

Ma question serai est ce possible d'ouvrir le dl pour tout le monde histoire de gagner du temps sur notre connection a venir ????

honnêtement y en a marre arrêter de prendre les joueurs pour des vaches a lait certain ont acheter life is feudal you own depuis plusieurs année parfois dans une même famille ont acheter 5/6 jeux pour au final se retrouver coincer ne pouvant acheter de pack au vu du coût .c'est dommage qu'ils ne reconnaisse pas la valeurs des anciens joueurs qui pourtant leurs ont permis de développer le MMO (puisque YO était en réalité une aplha test pour le mmo)

allez y bichonner bien ceux qui ont claqué 160 € pour un pack d'outils et quelques heures de jeux avant les autres mais n'oublier pas que ce ne sont qu'une minorité .

A bon entendeur ce post et pour toute les personnes qui j'en suis sur n'en pense pas moins mais qui ne disent rien !!!!!!! :evil:
Last edited by Lucrecevella on 17 Nov 2017, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 17:56

Mx11foxracing wrote:I recognize the apology but do not accept it! Thank you though for wasting my time and vacation hours! I so enjoy wasting stuff like that as well as finding out that the GOLDEN privileged monkeys who screwed it all up gets compensated but everyone else gets a nice chunk used coal! Sure I'll still stick w/ you and play the game but holy gravy smothered on rotten grapes! Anger! Loud Noises! Riot! Ok, not riot but Rage!

As stated above, golden privileged monkeys that screwed it all up will face punishment.

Nkferguson
True Believer

Post by Nkferguson » 17 Nov 2017, 17:57

Jonesr wrote:Hopefully they are awarding the Zealous players that wasted their time spent playing yesterday and banning the few players that exploited this bug.

I've been playing MMO's since late 90's and launch days are more then not always problematic. Yet people still take time off work expecting everything to be perfect. I can't help but laugh, I am sorry.

Dev's should have thrown the other pack owners a bone for inconvenience though. Would have stopped all this negative shit you don't want on your forums on launch day.

So let's see...

"Hopefully they are (re)warding the zealous players that wasted their time spent playing the game yesterday and are banning the players that exploited this bug."

What about the dozens if not hundreds of people who wasted their time making themselves available when they expected the game to launch? Take a stance. Either everyone gets their time wasted, or no one has.

"You can hardly call all of us cheaters."

No, we're calling those who exploited the bug, all of whom were Zealous, cheaters. We're also calling bullshit on the other Zealous people for not notifying the Devs when they realized shit was going south.

"I've been playing MMO's since late 90's and launch days are more then not always problematic. Yet people still take time off work expecting everything to be perfect. I can't help but laugh, I am sorry."

Yeah and I've been making my own sandwiches since the 90's but that doesn't mean I can tell the guy working at Subway how to do his job. People expect, and more importantly -paid for- access to the game before its initial launch window, at a specified date. If I pay for a sandwich from Jersey Mikes, and it arrives the day AFTER I ordered it, I have every right to be upset.

"Dev's should have thrown the other pack owners a bone for inconvenience though. Would have stopped all this negative shit you don't want on your forums on launch day."

What would have stopped all the negativity was the Dev's not giving the same group whose members caused the problem in the first place something like thirty dollars or more of free stuff. People probably would have just sucked it up, but this only drives a division in peoples minds.

Kind of a bourgeois response.

Ricardoferreira1991

Post by Ricardoferreira1991 » 17 Nov 2017, 18:03

It seems there was a communication problem. The developers never said they were going to compensate the people who abused the GM bug. Although it seemed that way from the initial post. At the very least the forum/in-game nickname of the players who abused the bug should be made public and they should get a temporary ban as punishment for ruining the launch for a lot of people.
We should all be grateful this happened before it even started and not a couple of months down the road, because it would of been a disaster. I understand what everybody is going through right now, I also took a day off and made plans for this launch, but cool off and let the developers handle it.

STOGGYRETURNS
True Believer

Post by STOGGYRETURNS » 17 Nov 2017, 18:06

See Arrakis it is better to comp everyone now versus fight everyone now and later. Throw the dogs a bone mate or else have the dogs chew on your legs til you go mental!!

I accept your apology but at a baseline we should be compensated something and the violators should be perma-banned for ruining launch day. It's good business!!

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 18:13

Arrakis wrote:
Mx11foxracing wrote:I recognize the apology but do not accept it! Thank you though for wasting my time and vacation hours! I so enjoy wasting stuff like that as well as finding out that the GOLDEN privileged monkeys who screwed it all up gets compensated but everyone else gets a nice chunk used coal! Sure I'll still stick w/ you and play the game but holy gravy smothered on rotten grapes! Anger! Loud Noises! Riot! Ok, not riot but Rage!

As stated above, golden privileged monkeys that screwed it all up will face punishment.

Now that Mr. Arrakis makes me smile, bring down the rain of pain!

Shalee
Zealous Believer

Post by Shalee » 17 Nov 2017, 18:17

Ugh. You guys should stop acting like all gold members were in on some big conspiracy and were breaking the rules. Most of us didn't do anything wrong.

I do appreciate the compensation, though I feel something should be given to the others who paid to start at a certain time and cannot because of the setbacks.

Anyhow, I'm so looking forward to playing! :Yahoo!: I love this game.

Alexander
True Believer

Post by Alexander » 17 Nov 2017, 18:17

I'm glad they compensated the ZEALOUS BELIEVERS, but they should let the DEVOTED/TRUE BELIEVERS in a little earlier since they screwed everyone who bought packs.

ChuDin

Post by ChuDin » 17 Nov 2017, 18:20

Самое отвратительное в данной ситуации, то что разработчики даже не понимают что именно сделали не так.
Люди покупающие золотой пакет с предварительным доступом в игру за 24 часа, заранее планировали время на отдых. И абсолютно логичным выглядел запуск этих пакетов, в ночное время. Серебряные же пакеты стартовали днём, что тоже достаточно неплохо. Бронза в прайм тайм, что выглядело вполне логичным, с их маленьким зазором в 6 часов.
Что же не так сделали разработчики сдвинув расписание на 12 часов? Золотые пакеты по сути и не почувствовали разницу, 24 часа в какое время не запусти, это сутки, и отдыхать все равно придется. Серебряные пакеты доступа лишили 6 и более часов игры, а бронзовые и вовсе запустили ночью. Вопрос к тем кто руководил сдвигом времени - вы в своем уме? Вы компенсировали золотому пакету неудобства??? Какие они испытали неудобства кроме как пробный старт (что я считаю бонусом) так как можно учесть свои ошибки и начать вновь. Вы принесли извинения обладателям золотого и серебряного пакета извинения, но забыли про бронзу, ВЫ ПОНИМАЕТЕ ЧТО ЭТО БОЛЬШАЯ ЧАСТЬ СООБЩЕСТВА? Вы наплевали на людей, лишив их раннего доступа по сути, и не компенсировав это вообще никак. Вы вспомнили о 260 голдмемберах на европе и 150 на америке, наплевав на 90% остального коммьюнити. А ведь игру делают именно они..(
Если бы вы сдвинули расписание на 24 часа, проблем было бы гораздо меньше.
Горький привкус разочарования...

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 18:37

Nkferguson wrote:
Jonesr wrote:Hopefully they are awarding the Zealous players that wasted their time spent playing yesterday and banning the few players that exploited this bug.

So let's see...

"Hopefully they are (re)warding the zealous players that wasted their time spent playing the game yesterday and are banning the players that exploited this bug."

What about the dozens if not hundreds of people who wasted their time making themselves available when they expected the game to launch? Take a stance. Either everyone gets their time wasted, or no one has.

No, we're calling those who exploited the bug, all of whom were Zealous, cheaters. We're also calling bullshit on the other Zealous people for not notifying the Devs when they realized shit was going south.

"I've been playing MMO's since late 90's and launch days are more then not always problematic. Yet people still take time off work expecting everything to be perfect. I can't help but laugh, I am sorry."

Yeah and I've been making my own sandwiches since the 90's but that doesn't mean I can tell the guy working at Subway how to do his job. People expect, and more importantly -paid for- access to the game before its initial launch window, at a specified date. If I pay for a sandwich from Jersey Mikes, and it arrives the day AFTER I ordered it, I have every right to be upset.

"Dev's should have thrown the other pack owners a bone for inconvenience though. Would have stopped all this negative shit you don't want on your forums on launch day."

What would have stopped all the negativity was the Dev's not giving the same group whose members caused the problem in the first place something like thirty dollars or more of free stuff. People probably would have just sucked it up, but this only drives a division in peoples minds.

Well said, fair share for all!

Jonesr
Zealous Believer

Post by Jonesr » 17 Nov 2017, 18:42

Nkferguson wrote:

So let's see...

If I said the sky was blue I'm sure you would find a way to say no it is orange..

1. What about the dozens if not hundreds of people who wasted their time making themselves available when they expected the game to launch? Take a stance. Either everyone gets their time wasted, or no one has.

-I already said in this same post that the other pack owners should also be compensated. Nowhere did I say only Zealous players should be compensated.

2. No, we're calling those who exploited the bug, all of whom were Zealous, cheaters. We're also calling bullshit on the other Zealous people for not notifying the Devs when they realized shit was going south.

- Cheaters are going to cheat. It was a small majority of people. This is a big world how are you suppose to see people spawning in shit with GM power in the middle of nowhere ? We are lucky anyone caught it at all. Imagine getting a week into the game and having to do a wipe.

3. Yeah and I've been making my own sandwiches since the 90's but that doesn't mean I can tell the guy working at Subway how to do his job. People expect, and more importantly -paid for- access to the game before its initial launch window, at a specified date. If I pay for a sandwich from Jersey Mikes, and it arrives the day AFTER I ordered it, I have every right to be upset.

- I'm not sure how anyone could make it any clearer to you. This is no launch. This is "Open Beta" You paid for early access to beta. Your still going to get an early access to beta. Expect and plan for there to be problems. This isn't a f*cking sandwich from subway.

4. What would have stopped all the negativity was the Dev's not giving the same group whose members caused the problem in the first place something like thirty dollars or more of free stuff. People probably would have just sucked it up, but this only drives a division in peoples minds.

- They are rewarding the people that lost their progress in the game and hopefully banning the cheaters. Stop blaming Zealous players as a group for cheating.

I wouldn't be surprized if they take another look at compensating other pack owners after they get everything sorted out.

"This is where I put a lame insult to your post"

STOGGYRETURNS
True Believer

Post by STOGGYRETURNS » 17 Nov 2017, 18:59

Launch day is already ruined let us all play in 2 hours as originally planned!!!

Gizimoo86
True Believer

Post by Gizimoo86 » 17 Nov 2017, 19:34

Not going to stay up 3.00 morning, so that early access was just a waste :lol:

Xxlethargyxx
True Believer

Post by Xxlethargyxx » 17 Nov 2017, 19:42

so devs, heres a third option, how about you refund everyone who paid for early access.

Velius

Post by Velius » 17 Nov 2017, 19:45

I can understand and accept that an unforeseen issue caused a delay in the initial release of an open beta. I've tested numerous MMOs and have been there for launch events of even more. Delays are almost expected at this point as I don't believe any game launched without some form of issue with servers.

What I, personally, do not agree with is the amount of compensation being offered. 1 month of additional premium account status would be acceptable and, while it would be wonderful if all players received this, I can live with only Gold-level founders receiving it.

The big issue for me is granting them double the amount of GF in addition to that. While I do not know the prices for items in the store, nor the dollar-to-GF conversion rate, giving players 36,000 GF, more than triple the next-highest tier, seems like a sure way to create far more issues within the community. In a game where a character's speed of progression directly determines whether they are a have or a have-not, and whether they are going to thrive or be slaughtered on sight, giving that much additional premium currency is handing them the keys to the castle.

Xxlethargyxx
True Believer

Post by Xxlethargyxx » 17 Nov 2017, 19:58

Velius wrote:
The big issue for me is granting them double the amount of GF in addition to that. While I do not know the prices for items in the store, nor the dollar-to-GF conversion rate, giving players 36,000 GF, more than triple the next-highest tier, seems like a sure way to create far more issues within the community. In a game where a character's speed of progression directly determines whether they are a have or a have-not, and whether they are going to thrive or be slaughtered on sight, giving that much additional premium currency is handing them the keys to the castle.

i never even considered this. your right. thouse who have paid for an advantage (which is fine in my books) now receive another massive advantage for free, while the rest of us get hung out to dry. so what, are we gonna have a bunch of zelous beleivers in full plate with small castles running around slaughtering everyone else the second obt actualy starts. great job bit box, you realy butchered this.

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 20:25

Xxlethargyxx wrote:
Velius wrote:

i never even considered this. your right. thouse who have paid for an advantage (which is fine in my books) now receive another massive advantage for free, while the rest of us get hung out to dry. so what, are we gonna have a bunch of zelous beleivers in full plate with small castles running around slaughtering everyone else the second obt actualy starts. great job bit box, you realy butchered this.

Just give everyone double GF and make a little peace. How much "progress" was actually lost anyways w/ the few hours played?

Return to News and Information