Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 17:09

Hey, Feudalists!

The OBT of Life is feudal: MMO is right around the corner!

The lucky ones, who got themselves Zealous believer packs - as well as our beloved Alpha testers - are already able to enter the MMO worlds. (Don't be afraid, though, they are not allowed to claim land before anyone else).

However, due to an unforeseen bug that made it possible for some players to get GM powers (shame on those who abused the bug!), we had to wipe the worlds after only a few hours of early access. More detail here.

Because of this, we had to make the decision to postpone all of the scheduled early access waves for all the pack owners for 12 hours each. So the updated schedule of OBT access is as follows:

17th of November 2017 at 09:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK)) - Zealous Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

17th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 00:00 18th of November (MSK))
    Devoted Believer pack owners will get an early access to the world.

17th of November 2017 at 03:00 18th of November (UTC) (10:00 pm (EST) / 07:00 pm (PST) / 06:00 18th of November (MSK))
    True Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

18th of November 2017 at 9:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK))
    The official start of OBT and Owners of LiF:YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs will be able to enter the world.

For the owners of LiF:YO, we would like to draw special attention to the fact that, due to Steam's policy, we are not able to launch LiF:MMO in early access directly on Steam this upcoming weekend.

However, you are able to register your account at www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher).

You then need to LOG IN to the launcher USING YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT that has Life is feudal: Your Own in its library.

After that, you will be able to enter the world at the abovementioned date and time and will have a ticket to Abella in your in-game shop inventory (you can access it by pressing Esc -> Shop -> Inventory).

We put together a little guide to help you redeem the ticket. Life is Feudal: MMO will be automatically added to your Steam library at a later date, as soon as it is possible!

Thank you for being awesome and patient while we were figuring this out!

— The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Khan- » 17 Nov 2017, 17:12

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

:D
Last edited by Khan- on 17 Nov 2017, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 17 Nov 2017, 17:14

Traduction disponible sur vonCulm.fr
Last edited by Saar on 17 Nov 2017, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Mustafa
True Believer

Post by Mustafa » 17 Nov 2017, 17:16

Thanks for the update! :Yahoo!:

Rulant

Post by Rulant » 17 Nov 2017, 17:18

Stop putting out new updates and actually help the YO people download the game.

Riptose
Zealous Believer

Post by Riptose » 17 Nov 2017, 17:19

Not all people are in the game...... dont lie. On the NA server 50% of my guild mates are having the 0/9 patching problems. In the closed beta it was initializing issues which cause me to loose out on weeks of not being able to play. Now i loose my 24 hour head start.....
Last edited by Riptose on 17 Nov 2017, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » 17 Nov 2017, 17:20

mmo still down for how long?

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 17:24

Arrakis wrote:

Hey, Feudalists!

The lucky ones, who got themselves Zealous believer packs - as well as our beloved Alpha testers - are already able to enter the MMO worlds. (Don't be afraid, though, they are not allowed to claim land before anyone else).

However, due to an unforeseen bug that made it possible for some players to get GM powers (shame on those who abused the bug!), we had to wipe the worlds after only a few hours of early access. More detail here.

Because of this, we had to make the decision to postpone all of the scheduled early access waves for all the pack owners for 12 hours each. So the updated schedule of OBT access is as follows:

17th of November 2017 at 09:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK)) - Zealous Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

17th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 00:00 18th of November (MSK))

18th of November 2017 at 03:00 (UTC) (10:00 pm (EST) / 07:00 pm (PST) / 06:00 18th of November (MSK))

18th of November 2017 at 9:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK))
    The official start of OBT and Owners of LiF:YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs will be able to enter the world.

For the owners of LiF:YO, we would like to draw special attention to the fact that, due to Steam's policy, we are not able to launch LiF:MMO in early access directly on Steam this upcoming weekend.

However, you are able to register your account at www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher).

You then need to LOG IN to the launcher USING YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT that has Life is feudal: Your Own in its library.

After that, you will be able to enter the world at the abovementioned date and time and will have a ticket to Abella in your in-game shop inventory (you can access it by pressing Esc -> Shop -> Inventory).

We put together a little guide to help you redeem the ticket. Life is Feudal: MMO will be automatically added to your Steam library at a later date, as soon as it is possible!

— The team

This make no sense! How does OBT start at 4am EST on the 18th but True Believer EA starts at 10pm EST on the 18th...last I knew the morning is before night time in which True Believers get late access??? Bad enough my time and vacation hours got wasted for some BS and yet lets compensate them and forget everyone else. What are you guys doing over there!?

Donatelobg

Post by Donatelobg » 17 Nov 2017, 17:28

i dont have download button anywhere ?

Dakkon

Post by Dakkon » 17 Nov 2017, 17:30

"However, you are able to register your account at http://www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher)"

There is no special button on my account details page or dashboard. I'm logged in, YO ownership is verified, but the download button is not there.

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » 17 Nov 2017, 17:35

it was that the maintenance is going to be 30 minutes now its about one hour and stil nothing?....

Tetricz
True Believer

Post by Tetricz » 17 Nov 2017, 17:40

Mx11foxracing wrote:
Arrakis wrote:

Hey, Feudalists!

18th of November 2017 at 03:00 (UTC) (10:00 pm (EST) / 07:00 pm (PST) / 06:00 18th of November (MSK))

— The team

This make no sense! How does OBT start at 4am EST on the 18th but True Believer EA starts at 10pm EST on the 18th...last I knew the morning is before night time in which True Believers get late access??? Bad enough my time and vacation hours got wasted for some BS and yet lets compensate them and forget everyone else. What are you guys doing over there!?

Don't worry it's 10:00 pm EST on the 17th. They messed up when they typed it.

thurman619
True Believer

Post by thurman619 » 17 Nov 2017, 17:41

Tetricz wrote:
Mx11foxracing wrote:
Arrakis wrote:...

plz fix

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 17:45

Tetricz wrote:
Mx11foxracing wrote:
Arrakis wrote:...

So you're saying its a typo? A bloody TYPO!? Best hope thats the case because is some complete BS! WHY am I wasting my time on the forums instead of playing an MMO I was suppose to be in almost 3 hours ago...Fine, I realize the Golden privileged guys messed it all up and had to wipe but come on already.

Diablo1903
Zealous Believer

Post by Diablo1903 » 17 Nov 2017, 18:06

Owners of LiF: YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs will be able to enter the world

This wording seems to suggest people who don't own YO, or have beta access wont be able to enter the world at all.

Does this mean Zealous Believers wont be able to trade extra tickets to people whom don't otherwise have access to the MMO already?

Otherwise should the wording not be that they would "receive their free tickets" on the 18th, and everybody should be able to access the world?

Harold
Zealous Believer

Post by Harold » 17 Nov 2017, 18:11

Still waiting for the maintenance which should have finished at 18 o'clock ... Another 1 hour lost! :good:
Last edited by Harold on 17 Nov 2017, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Urlic

Post by Urlic » 17 Nov 2017, 18:15

yeah this doesnt work, launcher is still showing only BUY button

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 17 Nov 2017, 18:16

I don't have a download button either, its obviously broken

Ryancathcartmech

Post by Ryancathcartmech » 17 Nov 2017, 18:29

So, we still cant download the game until 4 am?? I downloaded the launcher, but it is not downloading the game, still just has the buy button even though i signed in through steam like you suggested. you really need to let people pre download so that it doesnt crash your servers when everyone is trying to download at the same time. Especially now that we wont be abl to download through steam this weekend. Steam servers are made to handle heavy download volumes, i doubt people will be able to download the game from your servers very fast.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 18:33

There was a typo for True Believers. It's 17th of Nov, and 6:00am 18th of Nov for MSK. Fixed in the text and the graph.

Hollygrzedzicki

Post by Hollygrzedzicki » 17 Nov 2017, 18:35

Not sure how this is an update, when nothing has changed since yesterday that I can glean. Why is the launcher still not fixed? Why are people being fobbed off to an automated reply support bot at Xsolla for a solution?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 18:54

Hollygrzedzicki wrote:Why are people being fobbed off to an automated reply support bot at Xsolla for a solution?

Because it's Xsolla that deals with launcher, logging in and pack issues.

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 19:00

Arrakis wrote:There was a typo for True Believers. It's 17th of Nov, and 6:00am 18th of Nov for MSK. Fixed in the text and the graph.

Thank you Mr. Arrakis!

Dakgu35

Post by Dakgu35 » 17 Nov 2017, 19:07

Yea this launch has been performed pretty horribly

Bjarkan

Post by Bjarkan » 17 Nov 2017, 21:03

tiket ?

mammalsauce
True Believer

Post by mammalsauce » 17 Nov 2017, 21:04

If you're going to have a significant change in initial access times, you need to send out another email alerting people to this, not get them hyped up to have the client refuse access to the world and then consequently have to figure out wtf went wrong. Clean it up guys.

Uno

Post by Uno » 17 Nov 2017, 21:23

Mx11foxracing wrote:
Arrakis wrote:

Hey, Feudalists!

True Believer EA starts at 3am UTC of the 18th, that's what it's written. Why don't you invest 5 minutes of your life to learn something useful like what is UTC instead of writing nonsense? That way you MIGHT understand what 10pm EST actually mean.

Uno

Post by Uno » 17 Nov 2017, 21:29

Arrakis wrote:However, you are able to register your account at www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher).

That guide is a joke. There is no such button as the one shown and we still cannot download the game.
The launcher itself manages to crash 90% of the times without even doing anything since for some "unexplicable" reason you won't let players download the game before they have access to the world. I can't imagine how well will this launcher perform when it will actually have something to do.

Return to Development News