In Game Cash Shop

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Leihjir

In Game Cash Shop

Post by Leihjir » 17 Nov 2017, 22:44

Hello there o/

One thing that stop me to buy the game atm are some of cash shop item, dont you think that item like Insurance on gear which avoid to drop his gear is kinda game breaking for a full loot MMO ?

Or the Xp booster for combat or gathering, dont you think its beyond the convenience for a grinding based game ?

I wish to hear some vet voice concerning those points !

Ty for reading and maybe see you in game !

Rodar

Re: In Game Cash Shop

Post by Rodar » 17 Nov 2017, 22:56

Yes this is complete nonsense, but unfortunately, this is a worldwide practice. Games have long ceased to be games, it's business. The only option is not to buy, but who cares to live third of life by digging a piece of land?

Leihjir

Post by Leihjir » 17 Nov 2017, 23:38

Hmm it's what i feared :( Sad that the cash shop goes korean style F2p .... i suppose i'll take a look at Gloria Victis

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 23:57

Leihjir wrote:Hello there o/

One thing that stop me to buy the game atm are some of cash shop item, dont you think that item like Insurance on gear which avoid to drop his gear is kinda game breaking for a full loot MMO ?

Or the Xp booster for combat or gathering, dont you think its beyond the convenience for a grinding based game ?

I wish to hear some vet voice concerning those points !

Ty for reading and maybe see you in game !

Players can use each booster only once every 24hrs and it lasts for an hour only. It won't provide such cruel advantage as you might imagine.

Leihjir

Post by Leihjir » 18 Nov 2017, 00:03

I used to accept any kind of booster till they dont impact gameplay that hard.

But why those damn insurance in a full loot mmo -.- its obviously an heavy cash grab and as i said it sound to me very game breaking :/

You should at least tweak it and just copy paste the insurance of EvE Online and of course dont add it in a cash shop but as EvE did in game with an Npc or whatever you want.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Nov 2017, 01:13

Insurance doesn't save that much either. None of those items provide any significant advantage as we don't want our game to be P2W. So we have couple boosters, minor insurances for skill loss and skins. LiF will never be a P2W game, I promise you that.

Lazzie_Puca
True Believer

Post by Lazzie_Puca » 19 Nov 2017, 17:33

Dumb question about the booster, but is it consumable or is something I can use every 24 hours for a one time purchase?

AlexGrivas

Post by AlexGrivas » 19 Nov 2017, 17:37

Arrakis i would suggest removing the boosters from the game i mean its not a good idea its still a p2w method even if its a very small one i mean look at companies like EA And Warner bros they putted micro transactions in their games and people hated them because they had to buy the game and it still had microtransactions i dont say to remove it all let the skins to be bough only by gods favor but remove the things that change gameplay like the 1 hour boost

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Nov 2017, 18:33

AlexGrivas wrote:Arrakis i would suggest removing the boosters from the game i mean its not a good idea its still a p2w method even if its a very small one i mean look at companies like EA And Warner bros they putted micro transactions in their games and people hated them because they had to buy the game and it still had microtransactions i dont say to remove it all let the skins to be bough only by gods favor but remove the things that change gameplay like the 1 hour boost

Remember that skills can be as easily lost as gained. Every time you die, you lose a portion of your skills. So even if someone used a booster, they are still as vulnerable as anyone else and can lose the skills they've gained just as easy. In the light of that and other variables, it doesn't provide any significant advantage. A well-organized team can base on high-quality food only to keep their high skill multiplier up.

AlexGrivas

Post by AlexGrivas » 19 Nov 2017, 18:36

i agree with you on that and i wanted to ask you something can a person without skins get skins if a guy with a skin on his armor gives him his armor?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Nov 2017, 18:46

AlexGrivas wrote:i agree with you on that and i wanted to ask you something can a person without skins get skins if a guy with a skin on his armor gives him his armor?

No, that's not possible. Skins are bound to account.

AlexGrivas

Post by AlexGrivas » 19 Nov 2017, 18:57

could you please consider when you make a lot more skins for armor and weapons to put these amazing skins that there are now for more versitility in armors and weapons because im sick of the old ones

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Nov 2017, 19:10

Well, the current skins that you can find in the itemshop change the look of armor sets significantly. I'm sure you will love it. :)

AlexGrivas

Post by AlexGrivas » 19 Nov 2017, 19:24

I have an idea i would like to suggest what if you putted a cap of 10 boosters only on each character i mean you cant buy more than 10 boosters in one character please suggest this to the dev team its a very good idea

Wonderbear

Post by Wonderbear » 20 Nov 2017, 10:52

Arrakis wrote:Well, the current skins that you can find in the itemshop change the look of armor sets significantly. I'm sure you will love it. :)

Question about premium, how come it's set at the rather high price of 19 Dollars?

Wouldn't a lower price attract more subscribers? You're not really getting much out of it which is good for game balance, but paying 19 a month is a lot of money for very little features.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Nov 2017, 12:13

Neither skins nor premium subscription is mandatory. If the price is too steep for you, it's absolutely fine. If you like the game, you will will enjoy it just as much without it.

AlexGrivas

Post by AlexGrivas » 20 Nov 2017, 13:18

i meant arrakis that you could put the skins as default for every faction because at the moment they are super expensive like 70 euro each set

Brett5290
Zealous Believer

Post by Brett5290 » 25 Dec 2017, 02:37

Well get your alignment past 12 and have a premium account you get 0 skill lose everytime you die, while you have premium still active... That's pay to win.... People without premium and don't pay for contracts are at a skill disadvantage when they die..?

Brett5290
Zealous Believer

Post by Brett5290 » 25 Dec 2017, 02:45

And as for the power hour + food multiplier and with knowledge I can get 0-60 in 1 hour with little effort, plus and extra 30 on the next skill within the same hour. If I didn't have power hour it probably take me 4 hours? It's concerning.... And the monthly price is far too high imo. Maybe bring it down 5 more euros and you will get alot more people buying the monthy premium. Just my advice ofc.

bowlin12
Alpha Tester

Post by bowlin12 » 25 Dec 2017, 21:19

I think the skin prices are high of course yet in the end it's all about what is it's worth to you. There are alot of people out there that will shell out any amount of cash to look like an individual amongst the crowd. Just because it is a little to pricey compared to other games that have skin shops doesn't mean they need to change this. Anyway these types of games always attract the more wealthy of gamers (for whatever reason). Atleast this is what I've seen.

Also about power hour and skill insurance for sub, I agree that it is very strong and I bought it first day because I knew how good 2x skill gain every day is. Yet I wouldn't call it P2W seeing as someone without these bonus can kill anyone if they are skilled enough(player skill not ingame numbers). I've got a few members in my guild that are strictly unsubbed (because they hate the price) and are surpassing alot of guys that have sub because they put more time into the game, and are efficient with that time. So Idk if there is really a problem there.

Return to Newcomer Section