Fix The Game or Give Us A Refund

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Donut310
Devoted Believer

Fix The Game or Give Us A Refund

Post by Donut310 » 18 Nov 2017, 19:27

Let me start off saying that the game had a lot of potential... But... It was stuck on the "Patching World" loading screen and the only fix was to open the command prompt while in the loading screen and paste in a server refresh code last night.

What started the original problem was respawning over and over and kept dying while loading into the world, figured a complete restart of the game client would work, and now I can't get online at all past the loading screen without the server query pasted into the command prompt (connecttogameserver().

I assume that because of the death penalty and now also the loading screen bug, I can neither log in properly or play normally as the game was intended because I now have zero stats from a potentially "never logging in again" bug.

I'm seriously considering a refund because this is unacceptable to be punished like this over no control of my own. I've tried numerous times to get in touch with somebody but only get the redirect "email support staff" even contacting in Live Chat is the same and they close the chat. I'd love for them to be able to fix the game but at this point I'm going on 12hrs which is a little ridiculous.

Between the bugs in game and server issues, this game is nowhere near release ready. Surely, I hope the game can get patched but if not, I would like a refund as I shouldn't have to go through all of this just to play a game that should be "launch ready".

Arrakis

Re: Fix The Game or Give Us A Refund

Post by Arrakis » 18 Nov 2017, 20:40

We understand that people are angry. Hell, none is more pissed off about those issues than us. But it's not easy to prepare for thousands of players to flood the servers. We were hoping for the best scenario, but something went wrong when we opened the gates. More players, more variables came into the equation and stuff went off balance. But as stated here, we are aware of those issues and we are working towards resolving this nasty situation.

And naturally, we understand all those who do not wish to support us any longer. Not everyone has patience and hope, we get it. Development of Life is Feudal was and still is a rough road for us, but in the end, we'll get through it. and we can only hope that you (players) will decide to stick with us even though it's hard to keep faith seeing that it's far from smooth.

Donut310
Devoted Believer

Post by Donut310 » 18 Nov 2017, 21:03

Thank you. I really enjoyed while I could actually play and I have been able to get into the game by copying EU game files. However starting from zero skills really sucks I just hit 8 Artisan where I'd be almost 40 or even 50 by now if I hadn't hit that death bug...

Hoping for a patch soon but yes, following the Star Citizen development since 2013 I do understand that nothing really goes according to plan.

Again, thank you.

Greasegunner
Devoted Believer

Post by Greasegunner » 18 Nov 2017, 21:07

Arrakis wrote:We understand that people are angry. Hell, none is more pissed off about those issues than us. But it's not easy to prepare for thousands of players to flood the servers. We were hoping for the best scenario, but something went wrong when we opened the gates. More players, more variables came into the equation and shit went off balance. But as stated here, we are aware of those issues and we are working towards resolving this nasty situation.

And naturally, we understand all those who do not wish to support us any longer. Not everyone has patience and hope, we get it. Development of Life is Feudal was and still is a rough road for us, but in the end, we'll get through it. and we can only hope that you (players) will decide to stick with us even though it's not hard to keep faith seeing that it's far from smooth.

Can it be safe to assume that there will be some compensation for believers who were unable to use their head start or some compensation for the players were not only unable to use their head start but are now almost a full day behind the people who were able to get in?

I know hindsight is 20/20 but you guys probably should have had an open beta stress test so you could have seen this sort of thing coming. It seems pretty unacceptable that there isn't going to be another wipe after this.

Konrad-II

Post by Konrad-II » 18 Nov 2017, 21:11

When start the servers eu again? 12 Houers oder 24 oder 36 whats going on :%)

Alderon

Post by Alderon » 18 Nov 2017, 21:18

well, nvm.
Last edited by Alderon on 18 Nov 2017, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Donut310
Devoted Believer

Post by Donut310 » 18 Nov 2017, 21:29

Let's be respectful here. Sure, perhaps some hindsight to some issues would have been nice, but nobody expected all of this to happen.

It's frustrating, and I would still like a refund if none of this can be fixed, however I don't believe anybody expected this to happen.

I'll continue to support them and hope that we get compensated once the issues are fixed, especially for cases like mine which completely ruined the experience starting off in the game. I lost all of my points, and currently going from zero across all skills.

Darthbanedap
True Believer

Post by Darthbanedap » 18 Nov 2017, 21:30

If any of the developers are from Aventurine SA, then better start asking for the refunds. Otherwise, I'll give them until Monday to get this login issue fixed. I do agree with the fact that maybe they should have been more prepared for the large amount of players logging on and crashing the servers. Looking at other MMO launches, who has had any without headaches?

Ironveins
Zealous Believer

Post by Ironveins » 18 Nov 2017, 22:44

I'm in game now so I'm not feeling so butthurt anymore.
Last edited by Ironveins on 19 Nov 2017, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Nov 2017, 23:13

Hey Iron - out of curiosity - are you a lawyer? Because if you are, I assume you can quote me passed cases in where gamers were able to sue a game company successfully for this type of issue?

BTW - Please read that with the highest level of sarcasm possible.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Lordadamar

Post by Lordadamar » 18 Nov 2017, 23:22

Ironveins wrote:"And naturally, we understand all those who do not wish to support us any longer. Not everyone has patience and hope, we get it."

Your customers paid up to $150 for benefits which the development team was unable to properly deliver. That is a breach of contract, not a question of patience. I love life is feudal, and will definitely continue to support the game, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with getting ripped off.

"Breach of contract is a legal cause of action and a type of civil wrong, in which a binding agreement or bargained-for exchange is not honored by one or more of the parties to the contract by non-performance or interference with the other party's performance."

I could care less about that amount of money someone spent to get 24 hours head start WoW that's just lame to begin with...

I bought this game on Steam GreenLight the first day it came out.

As much as people would like to think this MMO is a brand new game it is not core was Life Yo, they added MMO elements, and expanded the world, It should not have been this rocky of a start LiF has been running and updating on thousands of servers.

In all Fairness people who bought this game off Steam Greenlight and they following months got a big hard shaft up the a**, this game wouldn't have gotten very far without our investment, and we got 1 single ticket no CBT, no in game money, no nothing...

They certainly didn't take care of the people who supported this game to the point of the MMO.

Donut310
Devoted Believer

Post by Donut310 » 19 Nov 2017, 05:11

Arrakis wrote:We understand that people are angry. Hell, none is more pissed off about those issues than us. But it's not easy to prepare for thousands of players to flood the servers. We were hoping for the best scenario, but something went wrong when we opened the gates. More players, more variables came into the equation and shit went off balance. But as stated here, we are aware of those issues and we are working towards resolving this nasty situation.

And naturally, we understand all those who do not wish to support us any longer. Not everyone has patience and hope, we get it. Development of Life is Feudal was and still is a rough road for us, but in the end, we'll get through it. and we can only hope that you (players) will decide to stick with us even though it's hard to keep faith seeing that it's far from smooth.

After finally logging in and trying to get my stats from ZERO, I log off and then log back in, only to be teleported across the map. What are you guys going to do about this? Compensate me?

First I die repeatedly from bugging out, forcing me to completely uninstall the game, and now when I actually try and can play I get teleported across the map upon relogging and will probably die losing all of my stats, AGAIN.

Every attempt at playing results at starting from literally nothing, even below what people normally first spawn in with. I'm beyond frustrated and at this point there's no reason to play anymore.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Nov 2017, 13:36

What are you guys going to do about this? Compensate me?
Actually, yes. There will be some compensation for this overall bad experience in our wonky launch, but only AFTER we resolve all those major issues with servers.

Tyrannion

Post by Tyrannion » 19 Nov 2017, 13:39

Arrakis wrote:
What are you guys going to do about this? Compensate me?
Actually, yes. There will be some compensation for this overall bad experience in our wonky launch, but only AFTER we resolve all those major issues with servers.

But the compensation only applies to the people that got in late and bought starter packs, rather than the people who bought LiF:YO and helped fund and develop the MMO.

Really feeling the love for being supporter whose been around for 3 years...
"By the perception of illusion we experience reality."

AlexVestin

Post by AlexVestin » 19 Nov 2017, 14:00

Tyrannion wrote:But the compensation only applies to the people that got in late and bought starter packs, rather than the people who bought LiF:YO and helped fund and develop the MMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Nowhere when you buy a pack does it say that you're paying for earlier access. That also means that players haven't lost anything they paid for becuase of a wonky launch.

Starting early is just a bonus visible to those who kept an eye on the news page. Right? I've clicked through the pack menus, and saw nothing promising an early launch. I know it was the plan, but people did not pay for that part.

Tyrannion wrote:Really feeling the love for being supporter whose been around for 3 years...

Everyone is on the same page. Playing their game is done by you, on your free time, by your own free will. It's not like you have sacrificed anything. Or commited to do it on behalf of the devs wishes. We're all here cause we want to.

Tyrannion

Post by Tyrannion » 19 Nov 2017, 14:09

AlexVestin wrote:
Tyrannion wrote:But the compensation only applies to the people that got in late and bought starter packs, rather than the people who bought LiF:YO and helped fund and develop the MMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Nowhere when you buy a pack does it say that you're paying for earlier access. That also means that players haven't lost anything they paid for becuase of a wonky launch.

Starting early is just a bonus visible to those who kept an eye on the news page. Right? I've clicked through the pack menus, and saw nothing promising an early launch. I know it was the plan, but people did not pay for that part.

Tyrannion wrote:Really feeling the love for being supporter whose been around for 3 years...

Everyone is on the same page. Playing their game is done by you, on your free time, by your own free will. It's not like you have sacrificed anything. Or commited to do it on behalf of the devs wishes. We're all here cause we want to.

If they compensate some players, while ignoring others because of a difference in how they choose to support the development in this game, it becomes rather insulting as someone who's been a long time supporter to be ignored, or am I wrong to feel that way?

I'm here because I believe in this game. I bought the early access really early on because I wanted to be part of what they are creating. But because I didn't buy one of their really late packs, I'm not part of the supporters of this game apparently.

Sure, I got to play LiF: Yo. But I bought the early access because I wanted to help fund the MMO, which I did. YO was a mere bonus, and through that we helped them work out the kinks in the game. And what do we get for that? Nothing. Oh yeah, we get to come in last to test the MMO, and we get 1 free ticket.

Woop-de-doo.
"By the perception of illusion we experience reality."

AlexVestin

Post by AlexVestin » 20 Nov 2017, 20:41

Tyrannion wrote:If they compensate some players, while ignoring others because of a difference in how they choose to support the development in this game, it becomes rather insulting as someone who's been a long time supporter to be ignored, or am I wrong to feel that way?

People who got to play really early gets compensation cause they actually lost something. It's not devs favouring people who paid more.

1. They joined the server scouting for a location.
2. Then they started buidling their permanent empire there.
3. Then the server got an unplanned wipe, making their permanent empire not so permanent. Therefor they got their time wasted.

People that did not get to play, did not lose anything.

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 20 Nov 2017, 21:03

The admin says they understand if people do not wish to support after these issues which is a good stance.

The discord Bobnik said that only the Zealous would be compensated and here the admin says diffferent.

I wouldn't be as upset if it hasn't been over 2 days for my support ticket and over 3 for my guildies. I understand issues will cause slow downs but the tech support aren't the devs working on code. On discord people are saying there are only a couple people working on the game which might be the issue.

And lastly a proper stress test trying to invite and getting thousands players in before launch would have been good. You cannot only test only the alpha pack buyers who trickled in over time.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 20 Nov 2017, 21:20

Wait a moment...
You payed to support development, and you are granted the privilege to try and TEST the game before the official launch and you are asking for a refund?
It was you who decided you wanted to give your money to an unfinished product, it was you how agreed to participate in an unfinished product, and it was you who should have expected problems due to the obvious implications of the word "unfinished" (or whatever other word(s) were used). Are you saying you cannot comprehend what that means, or that you dont know what your are spending your money on?
I can say I am really happy there are tons of bugs, especially at this moment when people are flooding the servers. Can you try guessing why? Because all this "shit" that is happening is something that will most probably be resolved by for the proper game release. Ofc i cant speak for the dev team, that this will be 100% true, but what happened now is a perfect and helpful indicator what system lacks and what needs upgrading to support the player base.
Dont you want to enjoy this game? Be fucking happy shit happened now and try help them out, or do something useful. Your are nothing but a tester now. Know that and be happy for the future.
I am in no way defending developers, but trying to explain one of the aspects of early access/beta/alpha phases and how seemingly bad things should lead to better game.

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 20 Nov 2017, 21:44

En_Dotter wrote:Wait a moment...
You payed to support development, and you are granted the privilege to try and TEST the game before the official launch and you are asking for a refund?
It was you who decided you wanted to give your money to an unfinished product, it was you how agreed to participate in an unfinished product, and it was you who should have expected problems due to the obvious implications of the word "unfinished" (or whatever other word(s) were used). Are you saying you cannot comprehend what that means, or that you dont know what your are spending your money on?
I can say I am really happy there are tons of bugs, especially at this moment when people are flooding the servers. Can you try guessing why? Because all this "shit" that is happening is something that will most probably be resolved by for the proper game release. Ofc i cant speak for the dev team, that this will be 100% true, but what happened now is a perfect and helpful indicator what system lacks and what needs upgrading to support the player base.
Dont you want to enjoy this game? Be fucking happy shit happened now and try help them out, or do something useful. Your are nothing but a tester now. Know that and be happy for the future.
I am in no way defending developers, but trying to explain one of the aspects of early access/beta/alpha phases and how seemingly bad things should lead to better game.

I think you may have missed the memo. This is release.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 20 Nov 2017, 21:47

While I have some minor gripes about this launch, I am not mad about anything really. But perhaps I am a real gaming vet who has been around more than a few launches. Hell I remember when WWII Online launched in 2001, that was a nightmare, the servers didnt work right for nearly a year.

Mortal Online... well its two launches, the original launch the server was so unstable it was called Mortal Offline for about a year. And then the Steam Launch was so bad that I am sure it is listed as the worst launch on Steam in history.

Ultima Online's launch was so rough most people didnt think MMOs would work.

WoW, was pretty epicly bad too.

But my only gripe has been the issues with getting subscriber perks out to package owners in a reasonable amount of time. I think that with the bugs and such with the shop people should be reimbursed for the gods favor they spent on "power" hour purchases or player character tickets to get to the mainland, when they should have had those BEFORE they logged in.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 20 Nov 2017, 21:48

Bandido wrote:

Last time i checked open beta test aint a release. Also since when is a release limited to certain people, like supporters and LiF:YO owners?
Could you please pass me that memo.

Rozza_T3
True Believer

Post by Rozza_T3 » 20 Nov 2017, 21:57

Actually I'm pretty sure they state this is the OBT, or "Open Beta Test", so not release if i am correct?

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 20 Nov 2017, 21:58

En_Dotter wrote:
Bandido wrote:

Last time i checked open beta test aint a release. Also since when is a release limited to certain people, like supporters and LiF:YO owners?
Could you please pass me that memo.

Ok this is beta test as you say. When will the wipe and release be then?Please pass the release schedule memo you know about.

2nd comment is true when they release on fresh servers there should be no limitations on plays.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 20 Nov 2017, 22:00

There is a news section on the official website. But since you seem to be unable to find it here is the picture from the news page:

EDIT:
I cant really find a post/news to quote, so feel free to ignore the following, but devs said there will be a final wipe before the release (which makes absolute sense if u ask me).
Also if you thought this was a release, then i can totally understand your frustration.
On the other hand, try to inform yourself well about stuff you buy to save yourself pain and the people that are supposed to meet your purchase.

NEeb0

Post by NEeb0 » 20 Nov 2017, 22:15

Bandido wrote:

Where have they stated that? All I have read is that this is only 'open BETA' for support pack owners and LIF:YO owners (like me) and it was the last server wipe before the real release. This would be super bad release when the game is not even available on Steam currently. I think you have misunderstood the memo.

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 20 Nov 2017, 22:15

errors
Last edited by Bandido on 20 Nov 2017, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 20 Nov 2017, 22:17

NEeb0 wrote:
Bandido wrote:

Where have they stated that? All I have read is that this is only 'open BETA' for support pack owners and LIF:YO owners (like me) and it was the last server wipe before the real release. This would be super bad release when the game is not even available on Steam currently. I think you have misunderstood the memo.

I may be wrong, but on discord for sure @bobnik and @arrakis which are devs said no more wipes. Which means this is it.

Would be nice if @admin can clarify for all.

AlexVestin

Post by AlexVestin » 20 Nov 2017, 22:24

It was closed beta.
It is open beta.

Bandido wrote:... devs said no more wipes. Which means this is it.

No. That means "no more wipes". Your assumptions are incorrect.

NEeb0

Post by NEeb0 » 20 Nov 2017, 22:31

Bandido wrote:
I may be wrong, but on discord for sure @bobnik and @arrakis which are devs said no more wipes. Which means this is it.

Would be nice if @admin can clarify for all.

Well yes, what I quickly found searching the news feed is that the previous wipe (inbetween CBT and OBT) was the last planned wipe before the real release, which would mean this wipe was the last one to be had.

And IMO its completely justified wipe too (tho I might now even mind a wipe between OBT and real release if the stated 6months to a year open beta duration is correct).

We are all still TESTERS and enjoying (or not) still an unfinished test version of the final game. And to be honest, the core gameplay itself seems really smooth (and more or less bug free), all issues I have currently had have been issues with the dispatcher to the mainland and issues with the servers itself. And like stated before, its REALLY good for the finished products that we get these issues now so devs can hopefully fix them.

Return to General Discussion