Toxic clans

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Gildmeister

Toxic clans

Post by Gildmeister » 23 Nov 2017, 18:58

i cannot be the only one who's sick of being told by some far off clan that i'm on there kings land and i must now kneel and die like a good little bitch. ffs why does my little house matter to your lord? great game concept but i fear people are ruining it for those of use that don't want to play politics and suck a kings cock.

U96
True Believer

Re: Toxic clans

Post by U96 » 23 Nov 2017, 19:20

Life is feudal :)

KeuleX

Post by KeuleX » 23 Nov 2017, 19:24

Gildmeister wrote:i cannot be the only one who's sick of being told by some far off clan that i'm on there kings land and i must now kneel and die like a good little bitch. ffs why does my little house matter to your lord? great game concept but i fear people are ruining it for those of use that don't want to play politics and suck a kings cock.

people will soon start to tell you that "this game isnt for you then" - i hope they realise soon enough, that if they keep telling this to new players, there wont be any new players very soon. games like this are heaven for griefers, and this will be a problem.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 23 Nov 2017, 19:36

It may not seem fair but it is all about resource management. Why should a lone player who will going to willy nilly cut down trees and dig my resources be allowed to make life difficult for my clan?

That is a hypothetical question of course I don't know you or who you were referring to.

If you want to be a lone player it is best to stay on the fringe areas where resources are poor.

Alternatively you could join my clan or go join a group like New Brodgar that is more of a free city with a more democratic leadership style.

Personal I'd take you in if you are an NA server player. We've got room for individuals who want their own claims.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Gildmeister

Post by Gildmeister » 23 Nov 2017, 19:37

yea its sad. idk how people are suppose to play the game with less then 200 people. the group last night literally told us that they own this server and all adjacent servers and that we had 48 hours to f off. now that i think about it i'm gonna wait till the new game hype falls off and try again when the community is dwindling. :( great game ruined by kids

Gildmeister

Post by Gildmeister » 23 Nov 2017, 19:43

Cian wrote:It may not seem fair but it is all about resource management. Why should a lone player who will going to willy nilly cut down trees and dig my resources be allowed to make life difficult for my clan?

That is a hypothetical question of course I don't know you or who you were referring to.

If you want to be a lone player it is best to stay on the fringe areas where resources are poor.

Alternatively you could join my clan or go join a group like New Brodgar that is more of a free city with a more democratic leadership style.

Personal I'd take you in if you are an NA server player. We've got room for individuals who want their own claims.

are resources finite? if so tha'ts the only way i can see that. if they are not you mean to tell me that me and my friend are such a resource drain that we would cripple a otherwise thriving guild. lets be resonable here my friend and i cant even figure out how to make the forge work lol.

Toren
True Believer

Post by Toren » 23 Nov 2017, 20:57

Resources are finite for all ground based materials, and trees are finite for a few weeks until people's planted forests start growing. So yes, if you happen to drain someones clay and waste a few good trees building a shack, that can be a big problem for guilds. Like other people said, just move somewhere where people won't live because of the already scarce resources. Personally, I've been burning down shacks of people who are living in our immediate vicinity because those people are just a resource drain. It isn't personal or make me a griefer, just have to do it to survive.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 23 Nov 2017, 21:38

And so the end is near...........

Funny though, on a walkabout last night I watched all the burning huts. Most were in communities. A look into the future of this title unless major changes are made.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 24 Nov 2017, 00:55

Actually those burning huts were because decay is a thing and most people don't waste the time to repair somthing that can be rebuilt easier than it can be repaired.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 24 Nov 2017, 01:58

Cian wrote:Actually those burning huts were because decay is a thing and most people don't waste the time to repair somthing that can be rebuilt easier than it can be repaired.

But it's the intent of the game that structures be repaired........or do you not follow the intent of the game......oh! wait you expect others to follow, not yourself or your guild!

By the way "burning huts" was a metaphor. ;)

MaDeuce
True Believer

Post by MaDeuce » 24 Nov 2017, 02:04

My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt. I wear this crown of thorns. Upon my liar's chair. Full of broken thoughts. I cannot repair. Beneath the stain of time. The feeling disappears. You are someone else. I am still right here. What have I become? My sweetest friend. Everyone I know. Goes away in the end.

--

When everyone stops playing, you'll have nothing more than an empire of dirt. I've seen it too many times, in every single game similar to this one. This game needs the casual pleb, more so than the casual pleb needs a king.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 24 Nov 2017, 04:46

Gildmeister wrote:i cannot be the only one who's sick of being told by some far off clan that i'm on there kings land and i must now kneel and die like a good little bitch. ffs why does my little house matter to your lord? great game concept but i fear people are ruining it for those of use that don't want to play politics.

Randomly spawning players when they first enter the lands is rather dumb and a horrible new player experience. Yet, as Cian stated, those guilds (and ours) cannot risk someone using up your limited resources.

It would be far better for players to have some say in where they appear in the MMO.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Miamiheat87
True Believer

Post by Miamiheat87 » 24 Nov 2017, 06:07

Get off my lawn.

SerMedieval
True Believer

Post by SerMedieval » 24 Nov 2017, 06:43

This is a group game, so if you're not intending on joining a group you'll have an difficult-impossible time enjoying yourself. And that goes for this sandbox and most sandboxes that came before it like Mortal Online, Wurm Online, & Darkfall. Which this game is compared to.

The truth is you're perfectly capable of being a casual pleb but you need the security and resources that come with having a guild or kingdom. They plaster it all over the place that this is not a game you can play solo and expect to survive in, and it's true.

It's just a waste of time trying to find an area you can settle down in right now without a group. So either you head on over to the guild forums and find some people, you uninstall, or you get ready to grind your eyeballs out and try to make alts to compensate.

If you can't do that and you want the game to bend to your will then your best bet would be to uninstall and go play an MMORPG or something. It's that simple.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 24 Nov 2017, 08:51

Gildmeister wrote:i cannot be the only one who's sick of being told by some far off clan that i'm on there kings land and i must now kneel and die like a good little bitch. ffs why does my little house matter to your lord? great game concept but i fear people are ruining it for those of use that don't want to play politics and suck a kings cock.

Dont know how many times, people alone or in small groups will have a very hard time and will suffer under "bad" people. You are playing a game without rules or some sort of protection bubble due to gamedesign. PvP is always activ and full loot is always granted. training dummies are rather expensiv in the early days, so people save some resources and train their combat skills on you.

The MMO is made for big groups, politics and hardcore players. If you do not like that, you can still play YO. With YO you have save servers who let you and your small group settle in peace. Bad people get punished by admins and you do not need to take part in politics.

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 24 Nov 2017, 09:20

SerMedieval wrote:This is a group game, so if you're not intending on joining a group you'll have an difficult-impossible time enjoying yourself. And that goes for this sandbox and most sandboxes that came before it like Darkfall.

So. Wrong.

We ran NA. Destroyed giant zergs. Rolled with 20-30 at maximum and we got to the point that whoever hired us, won sieges. People called us "toxic" and were so upset because our sole presence decided the outcome of major battles consisting of hundreds. With 20-30 people. That's a fact and not up for debate. Darkfall was a sandbox and we ran the NA server with 25 actives. Won field battles with groups of 7-10 against 2x and 3x our number. Also a fact. Clearly the developers here don't allow players to do the same with arbitrary, hard-coded quantity requirements to claim land.

So, no, you're wrong. Numbers don't decide the day and don't pretend that Life is Feudal is a sandbox. It isn't. It takes player choice out of the player's hands and only allows one play style: zerging. This is made evident by the hard coded number requirement for a guild claim of ten players.

Keep Darkfall's name out of your mouth, and "sandbox" out of your mouth while we're talking about Life is Feudal, because they don't belong in the same category.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 24 Nov 2017, 10:04

I can give you a reasonable explanation.

We live in an area with very few trees. We dont use them to build stupid shacks, bc it is a waste of resources. We waited till we had the skills to make a house so we would use the spare resources we have in the area in a useful way.
Then 5 guys come to our area and build 5 shacks and also start building palisade walls. After a few days everything is on fire bc they dont have a claim. Those cunts have to go. No king or bj etc. They just have go

Dakgu35

Post by Dakgu35 » 24 Nov 2017, 10:28

This isn't a solo game
This is a group game you cannot survive without a group

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 24 Nov 2017, 10:31

Dakgu35 wrote:This isn't a solo game

This won't be any game if changes are not made.

AngelusDD
Beta Tester

Post by AngelusDD » 24 Nov 2017, 10:32

well, i can understand both the perspectives of single players and guilds alike.

the problem described is actually neither of those - it is the number of clueless, and therefore careless, new players who never took the time to play YO or experiment on the newbie server to get a grip of the mechanics.

they waste space and resources. yet, i do not see how this can be overcome (unless with a minimum activity check/checklist on the newbie server for the first character per account or something)

both groups should not argue about which type of players is worse. group gamers or single gamers. there can be no satisfying answer for everyone.

before a new guild can be formed, single players need to find other same-minded players.
pre-made guilds from DF, MO, WO, RV should allow single players to form up their own guilds. this is not a matter of days, but rather weeks. - nevertheless it is an organic process. you can not order player to do so.

Yet there should be some "code of conduct" for all players:

a. groups/guilds should not bully single players just because they want to play single. - single players are no danger to guilds - not even if they waste resources
b. nor should guilds tell single players to move to the "fringes" - there are plenty of guilds around the fringe area too. all reasonable spots are taken already - any player needs some space to dwell.
c. single players do need to accept that acquiring proper resources is way more difficult due to time, space, inventory and skills, as it would be for a guild. live with that - plan around that.
d. single players need to adapt their style of play to their "dire" circumstances.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 24 Nov 2017, 10:38

Asimov wrote:

I can give you a reasonable explanation.

We live in an area with very few trees. We dont use them to build stupid shacks, bc it is a waste of resources. We waited till we had the skills to make a house so we would use the spare resources we have in the area in a useful way.
Then 5 guys come to our area and build 5 shacks and also start building palisade walls. After a few days everything is on fire bc they dont have a claim. Those cunts have to go. No king or bj etc. They just have go

So they have to go........just so your group can have resources that you cannot protect.......It's great you know how to manage resources, but this game is not intelligence friendly, it's MMO friendly.

So if everyone who uses resources is asked to leave......how many would be left to play the game and support growth?

If you want an area where you have exclusive rights either kill anyone who walks in the area (which will kill the game eventually) or go back to LIF:YO.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 24 Nov 2017, 10:40

Asimov wrote:Then 5 guys come to our area and build 5 shacks and also start building palisade walls. After a few days everything is on fire bc they dont have a claim.

Everything is on fire because personal claims are very expensive and time consuming to maintain. There is no point paying for 4x4 tiles to protect your shack. You simply make a very small claim that is big enough for your bark boxes, a pile of logs, a furnace or whatever you want. The shack is built alongside it but outside the claim, so you let it decay and when it falls to pieces you build a new one.

That is simply people learning and responding to the game mechanics we've been given.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 24 Nov 2017, 10:50

Dobrt wrote:

Actually most players like the MMO how it is now. It is only a small group of disrespectfull people who purchased a game that they know nothing about and now get mad because the well advertised gamedisgn does not suits them.

A player driven world with as much freedom as possible will always be a pain in the ass for lone wolfs and small groups. If you were unable to imagine that before you purchased the game, next time try to think before purchasing...

Jimmyknowhow

Post by Jimmyknowhow » 24 Nov 2017, 11:43

How about you go make your own server and play by yourself then you wont have to deal with people messing with you in a FULL LOOT OPEN WORLD PVP MMO. Seriously don't understand what people like you expect is going to happen. Is this babbys first pvp game or something?

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 24 Nov 2017, 12:22

Gruber wrote:
Dobrt wrote:

Actually most players like the MMO how it is now. It is only a small group of disrespectfull people who purchased a game that they know nothing about and now get mad because the well advertised gamedisgn does not suits them.

A player driven world with as much freedom as possible will always be a pain in the ass for lone wolfs and small groups. If you were unable to imagine that before you purchased the game, next time try to think before purchasing...

We shall see! ;)

Started at 700+ and now down to around 500 in less than a week! Keep putting down those who are not guild-bots! 8-)

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 24 Nov 2017, 14:23

To the OP...

If you are running into a toxic kingdom that wants to run you off of their land. Ask around find a friendlier kingdom domain to live in. Some guilds out there dont have a problem with individuals living near them as long as they understand the rules of the land. They could be as simple as, dont mine our ore, dont cut down these trees, and dont harvest our crops. Outside of that, do what you want.

Ulfus
Devoted Believer

Post by Ulfus » 24 Nov 2017, 15:03

Just wait a few weeks and be sure, you will find a place where no one cares about what you are doing or farming there because there won't be many Players on the Server.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 24 Nov 2017, 15:22

Peegee77 wrote:
Asimov wrote:Then 5 guys come to our area and build 5 shacks and also start building palisade walls. After a few days everything is on fire bc they dont have a claim.

Everything is on fire because personal claims are very expensive and time consuming to maintain. There is no point paying for 4x4 tiles to protect your shack. You simply make a very small claim that is big enough for your bark boxes, a pile of logs, a furnace or whatever you want. The shack is built alongside it but outside the claim, so you let it decay and when it falls to pieces you build a new one.

That is simply people learning and responding to the game mechanics we've been given.

Yes i understand the game mechanics thank you.

Problems is lots of players dont. As you say private claim sucks to begin with. But that is clearly not my problem, i just deal with them the way i want.
I have nothing against new players, they should just stay away from where i live and not use our resources.
If they chose to do that, no need to call me a toxic player, since i actually go to them and tell them to leave. If they dont, well then i move them. Here is a conversation i had with a guild.

18:56:52 ***: Hello
18:56:55 Azazellee: Hi
18:57:02 ovsky: hi
18:57:04 Azazellee: Whats up man
18:57:12 ***: You guys have to find another server. Sorry
18:57:34 Azazellee: LOOl bye

Then i start spawn kill them. Camp there base and declare war on them.
10 min later they remove the monument

Others i have talked to, i did not needed to kill or declare war on. We had a conversation and they left.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 24 Nov 2017, 15:32

Asimov wrote:Yes i understand the game mechanics thank you.

Problems is lots of players dont. As you say private claim sucks to begin with. But that is clearly not my problem, i just deal with them the way i want.
I have nothing against new players, they should just stay away from where i live and not use our resources.
If they chose to do that, no need to call me a toxic player, since i actually go to them and tell them to leave. If they dont, well then i move them. Here is a conversation i had with a guild.

18:56:52 ***: Hello
18:56:55 Azazellee: Hi
18:57:02 ovsky: hi
18:57:04 Azazellee: Whats up man
18:57:12 ***: You guys have to find another server. Sorry
18:57:34 Azazellee: LOOl bye

Then i start spawn kill them. Camp there base and declare war on them.
10 min later they remove the monument

Others i have talked to, i did not needed to kill or declare war on. We had a conversation and they left.

The conversations we have had in our tile has been close to what you posted except we have had a few join us.

Others have left. Others stayed and live under the rules we placed.

If you find yourself settling in an area with a toxic kingdom over you, leave. Head somewhere else where they arent as toxic. There are enough budding kingdoms right now they are more than willing to accept people living in their lands.

Ulfus
Devoted Believer

Post by Ulfus » 24 Nov 2017, 15:46

@ Asimov, fine now iknow how to kill you with a twink ;-)

Return to General Discussion