Development News #79 — Patch, New World and 2000 Smoking Tickets!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #79 — Patch, New World and 2000 Smoking Tickets!

Post by Arrakis » 24 Nov 2017, 17:04

Hey, Feudalists!

First of all, we want to thank you for the incredible amount of patience, understanding, and compassion that you have shown us while we’re going through this somewhat rocky (but apparently typical!) OBT start!
It is the truth that without your kind words and understanding that we would have already given up fighting with numerous issues that arose during the launch. We will break through and triumph!

You might be aware that we have released a patch on our servers that has fixed the notorious “Patching 0/9” issue. Full patch notes can be seen here.

In the meantime, we’re preparing to open the gates of the new European-based game world called “Epleland (RP)” this weekend! And yes, that will be a role-playing server! The game world settings will be tweaked to slow down progression a little, and have a bigger penalty for unprovoked PvP (alignment loss) and some other tweaks to make it a more RP friendly environment. We want to warn everyone that we’re not going to enforce 100% accurate roleplay and ban users for the lack of lore knowledge, but those aspects are strongly encouraged!

Oh, by the way, we’re looking for an awesome RP English speaking GM for this new world! If you are, or know such a person, please do not hesitate to contact me in Discord (Bobik#5890). Make sure that your message contains a CV with a few words about you and your LiF: YO roleplaying GM experience. Thank you!

Regarding the way you can access the new world: first of all, you will be able to transfer onto it the same way you’ve transferred onto the Avalon world - by creating a new character on the Newbie island, talking to the Ferryman, selecting the world you want to transfer to and spending your ticket for access.

We do not plan to allow migration of the current characters from Avalon to the Epleland (RP) server. A new world must be started from scratch with new characters. But we want to announce that we’re going to randomly distribute 2000 tickets among our users to ease the migration to the new world! Just simply fill out this form and hold on for 5 days until the giveaway deadline (29th of November). You will receive an email notifying you if you have won a free ticket!

— The team

Saar
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #79 — Patch, New World and 2000 Smoking Tickets!

Post by Saar » 24 Nov 2017, 17:12

Traduction disponible sur vonCulm.fr
Last edited by Saar on 24 Nov 2017, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

Deathstar
Beta Tester

Post by Deathstar » 24 Nov 2017, 17:13

This is an effort to reduce the stress on the first EU world, but it is handelled in the worst possible way imo.

Slowing down skill progression even further will discourage people who have played at all in the past few days. Randomly handing out tickets is ridiculous - If a group wanted to take the plunge and move over, they wouldn't even be guaranteed to all get a spot? More likely, they will all sign up, and if some of them didn't get tickets they'll just stay on the first server, thus wasting those tickets. People with multiple characters, zealots etc, will have even less of a reason to move because they are effectively throwing their characters away.

Best way would have been to allow for a transfer. Straight-up, take all your characters, including skills, start over on the new world. They would forfeit their place on the first world, but moving would still be attractive for the renewed chance at a good settling spot - rebuilding itself wouldn't take too much time.

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 24 Nov 2017, 17:17

still no word on animal lore except 1 message of 9 words off the cuff in discord

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 24 Nov 2017, 17:27

Zehive wrote:still no word on animal lore except 1 message of 9 words off the cuff in discord

We will update patch notes as soon as possible with the missing info.

Best4Gamers
Devoted Believer

Post by Best4Gamers » 24 Nov 2017, 17:51

awesome update ! keep it up guys ! you doing a good work
Best4Gamers

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 24 Nov 2017, 17:59

My guild will be very interested in the new server as we were always looking for RP. Losing members who don't have spare tickets to the mainland will be a concern because we don't have many members as it is.

My biggest concern is that some non-roleplayers may transfer simply to grief roleplayers. There may well be enough anti-RP griefers to destroy any chance of RP. I doubt that the increased death penalty for criminals or the reduced skill progression rate will be enough to deter players like this. Will anything be done to guard against this?

Amoksepp

Post by Amoksepp » 24 Nov 2017, 18:12

Paulchatterton wrote:My guild will be very interested in the new server as we were always looking for RP. Losing members who don't have spare tickets to the mainland will be a concern because we don't have many members as it is.

My biggest concern is that some non-roleplayers may transfer simply to grief roleplayers. There may well be enough anti-RP griefers to destroy any chance of RP. I doubt that the increased death penalty for criminals or the reduced skill progression rate will be enough to deter players like this. Will anything be done to guard against this?

I wouldnt expect real Roleplay on the server, a lot of people will switch because they didnt found a good spot on the map

Conak
Zealous Believer

Post by Conak » 24 Nov 2017, 18:49

Ohh yes, I've been waiting for this! :Yahoo!: :beer:

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 24 Nov 2017, 19:05

So are the 2000 tickets only going to EU players or are they also going to NA players?

Are they ONLY for the new land or are they for any land?

Butter
True Believer

Post by Butter » 24 Nov 2017, 19:17

The devs keep straying further and further away from the original concept of the game, in horrific attempts at taking more and more money from players in the game. Not just be in game purchases and subscriptions now its new worlds (that require purchase of more characters). So all I ask is what your going to do next . . .

-Butter

elloco
True Believer

Post by elloco » 24 Nov 2017, 20:05

What about the premium subscription? Is it valid in the new world, when I started it already on Avalon?

AngelusDD
Beta Tester

Post by AngelusDD » 25 Nov 2017, 11:56

Butter wrote:The devs keep straying further and further away from the original concept of the game...

i tend to agree.

when a new server was announced as a stop-gap solution to overcrowding until the technical bottlenecks could be solved, i was worried, because it would mean moving several steps away from the unified 10k player world. :shock:
even more so, as it was never even mentioned before, so nobody could prepare for that.

so actually the approach to make the new server a more RP-friendly server is maybe a good step.
if splitting the population is necessary, then it is certainly a possible decision to split it between RP and Non-RP folks.
all player-based drawbacks aside (griefer transfers etc.), i guess most people could live with that decision.

but it is HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC to charge for additional tickets to this new world when none of the current players had a choice. :no:
i am pretty sure many players might be frustrated by such an action.

the 2000 ticket lottery does not help those players who have multiple characters on Avalon now.

since it is still a beta test, it would be only fair to reinstate transfer tickets to all players who want to switch to the RP server AND DELETE THEIR CHARs on Avalon.

plus it is necessary (and currently worked on), that some RP "enforcement" is necessary by gamemasters and other instruments.
one example: monitoring the rebuilding of guild monuments - the GM should check this until an automatic limit is in place (like only once in 30-60 real days or so).

given the fact that new server is actually set up as a work-around for technical limitations on the dev side, it would not be viable to charge players for that since it is not the players fault.

otherweise it might ruin the companies´ reputation way before release is even on the horizon. nobody can want that to happen.

so i am sure the dev´s dont want to let us players down.

KeuleX

Post by KeuleX » 25 Nov 2017, 12:08

AngelusDD wrote:
so i am sure the dev´s dont want to let us players down.

i already lost hope. i dont really play, cause i dont feel like competing with people who are weeks or months ahead cause of the changes. and i absolutly wont buy anything at this state of the game. everything is broken, launcher, chat, skills and so on - and you just keep asking for more money. no - there are 2 scenarios how to get me to play again(+ a few friends who will follow me as soon as i invite them to play): 1) fix the broken mess (+the extreme unfair advantage of some players)

2)give people the choice to delete their chars and give them a free ticket for the new server

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 25 Nov 2017, 15:04

I am now hearing that the new server won't be launched this weekend but, rather, won't be until Monday or Tuesday. Is that true?

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 26 Nov 2017, 02:18

Arrakis wrote:please do not hesitate to contact me in Discord (Bobik#5890)

'Arrakis' <> 'Bobik'

... eh? ;)
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Pylow

Post by Pylow » 26 Nov 2017, 10:46

So, seriously i'm not a milking cow !! (baguette/fromage inside ^^)

Give people the choice to delete their chars and give them a free ticket for the new server

+ 10000 :evil:

elloco
True Believer

Post by elloco » 26 Nov 2017, 12:13

Pilounux wrote:So, seriously i'm not a milking cow !! (baguette/fromage inside ^^)

Give people the choice to delete their chars and give them a free ticket for the new server

exactly this

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 26 Nov 2017, 16:59

elloco wrote:
Pilounux wrote:So, seriously i'm not a milking cow !! (baguette/fromage inside ^^)

exactly this

I think the new server would be better served with their current approach.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Luk_Ass
True Believer

Post by Luk_Ass » 26 Nov 2017, 17:43

When will it start Epleland (RP) ??

Igor.padi
True Believer

Post by Igor.padi » 27 Nov 2017, 11:13

Any news about new server ? First information was that it will start on weekend.
Ingwar Keogh, Fenriss, Fenn :Life is Feudal, Elite Dangerous, ESO ,GW2, SWTOR, WoW , Warhammer Online, Vanguard, Everquest II, Anarchy Online, Project Entropia , Ultima Online (Dreams Master)

Zasdman

Post by Zasdman » 27 Nov 2017, 16:56

Bobik - Today at 11:12 AM
@everyone And a last one. It took us longer to prepare the new RP world for players. We decided to hold its launch until the 2000keys giveaway will be over. And yes, we're still accepting candidate's CVs on the role of a GM of this new server. PM me your CVs and few words about your GM and RP experience in LiF (or outside of it).

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 27 Nov 2017, 17:33

Please reconsider this decision to delay the launch of the RP server. When the RP server was announced, it was said that it would launch last weekend. Earlier today, it was said that it would launch today. Now we hear that it won't launch until after the tickets are given out, which probably means Thursday.

My guild died on the NA server after we decided to move to the RP server. More than 75% of the members have either left or have stopped playing until the new server comes. Those of us who are left are unable to do anything constructive because we have lost key members of the guild such as our farmer, our carpenter and our blacksmith. In fact, all we have left of our 15 members is a builder, a hunter and a miner. We have new members waiting to join us once the RP server launches.

It is bad enough that I have lost my Zealous Believer early access but at least I thought I would get some level of early access because I have a spare ticket to use before the free tickets are distributed. Now I find I have lost that. In addition, I have a week's vacation that I was hoping to use to make significant progress on our village, and every day that time is being eroded. I will be lucky to have two days left.

At least the original launch was only delayed 12 hours. This one is now due to be delayed for 4 days.

Silander
Zealous Believer

Post by Silander » 27 Nov 2017, 18:34

It is a big disappointment that this was not advised when the game was released as I have now wasted 5 tickets on one server and I expect a lot of other people feel the same. The current server is unplayable for small groups to play due to the private monuments only take coins and that is only if you are lucky and can sell stuff to the crown which most of the time does not work. why could we not delete our chars and be given a new ticket to join the role play server when it is released or a transfer possible.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 30 Nov 2017, 00:46

Silander wrote:It is a big disappointment that this was not advised when the game was released as I have now wasted 5 tickets on one server and I expect a lot of other people feel the same. The current server is unplayable for small groups to play due to the private monuments only take coins and that is only if you are lucky and can sell stuff to the crown which most of the time does not work. why could we not delete our chars and be given a new ticket to join the role play server when it is released or a transfer possible.

Maybe try and fill a request with Support and ask for a refund/transfer if you don't get a free ticket in the raffle tomorrow?

Return to Development News