Dahara - The First Encounter

Why this game is better than any other.

Narator

Dahara - The First Encounter

Post by Narator » 03 Nov 2017, 00:36

An old man hobbles on his cane up to the gates of Dahara; He is shambled in rags and a hood, bent from age and the elements he hobbles slowly up to the edge of the torch light of the gates.

“HAULT!” Cries out a guard; “What business do you have here at this hour?!” His hand on the hilt of his sword with his fellow guard approaching also half drawing his sword.

“Nay” cries the old man in a husky dry voice of age. “You have no quarrel with me” He shifts his weight nervously on his cane; “I am merely a messenger.”

The guard impatient in the wee hours of the morning and not liking the intrusion cries our “Archers! Light up the night!” Several archers on the walls behind the guard fire lighted arrows into the night sky to light the surrounding area to insure there are no others.

The old man chuckles, “Nay, there are none with me. I merely bring my message.” The old man straightens confidently on his cane, almost as if he doesn’t need it. “Dahara, hear this! The ancients have seen your disregard for the surrounding gifts the world has provided. They are unhappy but will provide you with this one chance. Be mindful of your resources, clean up the waste you leave on the land. “

He stands taller and more confident as the guard grows even more impatient; “If you harvest it, use it, if you dig it out of the ground put it to use in your roads and buildings. Clean the surface of the land that it may replenish itself.

The guard had had enough and drew his sword and charged the old man but before he could strike the old man wheeled around and in the flurry of his robes a vulture flew off like the wind.

Some say the guards at the gate that night were drinking, others say they were not but they were talking to nothing and heard nothing. Both guards reported the same thing and it is being investigated by the Captain’s men still as this story is being told.

Narator

Re: Dahara - The First Encounter

Post by Narator » 04 Nov 2017, 05:51

It was a typical night as every other night in the tavern, People were coming in, the wenches were doing their business and serving the mead and ale. The barkeep was busy making sure things were going well and taking care of the bar. In the back the food was cooking and being served. It was a typical night, or would have been except this was the tavern in Dahara. Not many of the citizens knew what had happened the night before. Or what allegedly happened. The archers all claimed that they had not seen anything. They all got together after ward and made sure that they all told the same story.

In the tavern, in the farthest corner from the door and the hearth were three men. They had put out the candle on their table when they sat down to make it even darker. One of them, Garbhan, one of them was not happy about lying to the Captain. “We need to make this right, we all heard the old man, and it is as William says it is.” He looked at his friends intently.

Beisdean looked back at him with the same intensity. “NO!” he whispered harshly. “We all decided not to allow this to go any further. Plus we have lied to the Captain; He will put the lash to us all.” The third man just looked around to make sure the others were not drawing any attention.

“Look Geoff,” Beisdean continued more calmly, leaning back into his chair; “not everyone has heard of these rumors. And most people that have do not believe them, least of all me.” He looked at Garbhan a bit less intense; “Please calm down and this will all pass away.”

Garbhan looked more intent now than before; No, it won’t just pass away. I Won’t Let It!” He whispered harshly through his teeth. He got up and stormed out of the tavern his friends in tail hoping to keep him from doing something they all would regret.

Brucealan217

Re: Dahara - The First Encounter

Post by Brucealan217 » 06 Dec 2017, 08:44

Return to Off Topic