Cannot cross into server 26

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Jkoscik2015

Cannot cross into server 26

Post by Jkoscik2015 » 06 Dec 2017, 12:25

I am trying to cross into server 26 for two days now.. it is where my clan is, my claim, my animals... basically my sole reason for playing... I have had no response on my ticket... suggestions welcome... thanks!

GeordieMarv

Re: Cannot cross into server 26

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 12:34

Also the same for EU 39 and 33, servers must be down or broken, as trying to cross into it does nothing. It just rubber bands you backwards.

Great game, truly is. But the server lag and server problems are a real pain. I hope they are sorted soon, as it's happening a lot. :(

Jkoscik2015

Post by Jkoscik2015 » 06 Dec 2017, 14:09

Server is not down.... and not broken.. but it night as well be... I have two bros. both subscribers, and I as well support this game financially. It would be very nice if a GM were to teleport me back to my claim.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 14:12

I've tried crossing into 39 from 32 and 33 from 32. Just wont let me into either and my claim is in there...so i'm not sure why I can't cross if the server isn't down!?

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 14:39

So, all I get is "god does not want you to go there, turn around". Yet the servers 33 and 39 are showing as up.

Am I now to believe there is a populations cap? Cos if there is that sucks! It would be nice to be able to play and progress.

Jkoscik2015

Post by Jkoscik2015 » 06 Dec 2017, 15:28

I'd like to make it clear that I am a reasonable person. So here is what I am willing to do. I have 15 years of programming experience in various languages, for various multimedia software, including video games. I am certain that within a couple hours of analyzing your code, I can isolate the source of the problem that is keeping me from crossing over to the next server. Why don't you have me sign a NDA, and let me take a crack at it. You don't need to pay me... I simply would like to be able to actually PLAY the game. How is your code structured for crossing from server to server? It seems to me that the function(s), objects (etc) which check(s) and or changes values associated with server crossing is(are) not doing it's(their) job. It seems to me that some code needs to written to handle this. Why is this happening with some servers and not the others? Why is this happening with some forms of travel and not others? This tells me that there is not one centralized script handling all server crossing... I would very much like to see exactly how streamlined your code is, and help anyway I can to get this, and other issues fixed which are essential to core game play.

Core Mechanics - Ranged weapon issues with stamina, Slinger not usable/playable.
Server crossing - Broken in some areas
Buy selling items in market - Broken in central city on all three markets
Tool Tips for recipes - None, need adding
User friendly UI - Not intuitive or informative, needs reworking
Collision Detection - Negative impact to animal pathing, and terra forming.
Mini-Map - Slow down of framerate while visible (not optimized), poorly designed icons without tool tips. Client side map notation not possible.

These are major issues. The code needs to be looked at by someone who is capable of tracing the source of the issues, and notes need to be made to clearly mark the areas in your code where they can be easily found in case further issues arise.

How are variables being stored which check for character locations, stats, abilities?

What checks and balances scripts handle changing these variables?

How is your AI being handled with NPC's (animals)?

I don't wish to tell you that you are incompetent coders, in fact you have a wondrously imaginative game with so much potential ......I simply wish to help you develop and evolve this beautiful concept so that it is successful and fun for years to come. TBH you guys should have never released this in it's current state, but now that you have, and I am here you need to listen to people like myself, toss your egos aside.... and rework from square one.....before worse problems occur.... and ultimately the end of Life is Feudal..... Anyone remember Vangaurd Saga of Heroes?

Best of Luck..

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 15:33

Well I haven't been able to get onto my server for 2 hours. I get the impression no one gives a fuck, made posts...no one had replied or offered an explanation as to why.

This game is essentially an arms race. Seems a tad unfair that people on my tile and the server as a whole are playing and progressing while others can't.

What if this happens when someone's claim is about to expire? They lose their whole claim/building through no fault of their own?

Jkoscik2015

Post by Jkoscik2015 » 06 Dec 2017, 15:42

I understand your frustration bro, and trust me.... I feel for you as a player myself.... but there is alot more at stake here then our gameplay. The game it's self needs to be looked at from square one. Notice how there are tons of tiny issues, and many bigger issues like the ones I mentioned.... Think about the impact this has on the development team for LiF... They need to reorganize or these will keep adding up. You or me leaving the game won't hurt them.... but all of the problems causing many of the people to leave will..... The best way to handle these issues is to go back to the basics.

Mawdeeps

Post by Mawdeeps » 06 Dec 2017, 15:49

where is the server map i am having the same problem but cant specify where as dont know where the server map is

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 15:54

Mawdeeps wrote:where is the server map i am having the same problem but cant specify where as dont know where the server map is

Goto this page http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo, then in the top right underneath your email address (you need to be logged in) click on region EU or NA.

That should take you to this page https://region-eu.lif.online/account/dashboard.php

Jkoscik2015

Post by Jkoscik2015 » 06 Dec 2017, 21:15

It appears this has been fixed as of my login about 10 minutes ago, I also took a patch. Gratz programmers and keep up the good work!

Return to General Discussion